Deputy who killed cyclist while distracted by laptop will not face charges.

Anybody mixing it up in traffic on a bike is crazy,, dont care how wide the bike lane is.

He was in a bike lane where cars are prohibited, and it is extremely rare to find a car drive into it other than a few inches. How was he mixing with traffic then?
Bike lanes like pedestrian crossings give people a false sense of security, People step out into traffic nowdays without even looking. With the number of people looking at their phone and not the road its not if but when someone will hit you.
I drive a mile to work. in the last yr I have seen one serious bike incident and 2 more that would have been fatalities where bikers were in a magic crosswalk not looking at approaching traffic where driver was scoping out his turn at the corner and had no idea bike was in front of him.

This may well be true. But it is not relevant to this case, and neither is the post talking about "mixing it up".

The cyclist was in the bike lane, and the cop drifted into the lane because he wasn't paying attention to driving.

Anybody mixing it up in traffic on a bike is crazy,, dont care how wide the bike lane is.

He was in a bike lane where cars are prohibited, and it is extremely rare to find a car drive into it other than a few inches. How was he mixing with traffic then?
Bike lanes like pedestrian crossings give people a false sense of security, People step out into traffic nowdays without even looking. With the number of people looking at their phone and not the road its not if but when someone will hit you.
I drive a mile to work. in the last yr I have seen one serious bike incident and 2 more that would have been fatalities where bikers were in a magic crosswalk not looking at approaching traffic where driver was scoping out his turn at the corner and had no idea bike was in front of him.

Fine, but he wasn't mixing with traffic. That is a term used for when bicyclists ride in actual car lanes. He was encountering traffic being in the bike lane which may or may not be true.

I often bicycle myself, and there are routes you can go where there is no cross traffic in the bike lane, and he may have been in an area like that.

Yes, bicycling is very dangerous but if you are good at being alert and careful, it is not any more dangerous than walking.

[

Yes, bicycling is very dangerous but if you are good at being alert and careful, it is not any more dangerous than walking.

It's pretty safe if you stay off roads like i do. My city has quite a few bike lanes open only to non-motorized vehicles. Of course occasionally people do drive motorized vehicles on them, but it's rare. Just met an ATV driver on one a few hours ago and i was forced to work him over pretty good.

Deputy who killed former Napster COO after drifting into the bike lane while distracted by his laptop will NOT face charges because he was answering a work-related email Mail Online

A deputy was paying attention to his laptop and not his driving, when he drifted into the bike lane and hit a cyclist.

He will not face charges because the email was work related. The cyclist died at the scene.

WTF????

He was sending an email and killed someone??? If the email was that damn important, PULL THE FUCK OVER!
Can't fault you on this one. You got one right (avoided the shutout)

Deputy who killed former Napster COO after drifting into the bike lane while distracted by his laptop will NOT face charges because he was answering a work-related email Mail Online

A deputy was paying attention to his laptop and not his driving, when he drifted into the bike lane and hit a cyclist.

He will not face charges because the email was work related. The cyclist died at the scene.

WTF????

He was sending an email and killed someone??? If the email was that damn important, PULL THE FUCK OVER!

I have been right on every post you quoted. Otherwise you would have attempted to correct me with glee.

WTF????

Giving up so soon??

WTF????

Hard to imagine a 'critically important' email. If it's important it'll come over the radio or phone. "Accidental" doesn't mean shit to the dead guy or their family.

Forum List

Back