depression

Sep 12, 2008
Got my first interview in since I don't remember when. It was a 45 minute drive up there. The guy talked to the previous interviewee 15 minutes into my scheduled time, let me talk 3 minutes and said thanks much, but lets not waste each other's time any more.

According to my GPS, that little trip cost $9

I don't want to send that jerk a thank you note.

Got my first interview in since I don't remember when. It was a 45 minute drive up there. The guy talked to the previous interviewee 15 minutes into my scheduled time, let me talk 3 minutes and said thanks much, but lets not waste each other's time any more.

It would be a waste of 44 cents.

I wouldn't send him a Thank You note either, but I would have said something.
Maybe tell the jerk that you made an appointment and drove so far, and you really feel you deserve your 30 minutes, or whatever length of time they allot.
Some psychiatrists allow 20 minutes, some 30 minutes, some even longer perhaps- for a patient.
We all know how busy doctors get, but damn them, our time is just as much precious and important as theirs is. I'd let them know that too.

It was for a job.

Oh shit!
Sorry about that....I didn't see the word job in there, and don't ask me why, but I was thinking you were talking about going in for a doctor's appointment and having to wait and then not getting your full time visit.
I hope you will accept my apologies :eusa_pray:

It was your title-----depression--- I was thinking that you were seeking help for that, sorry again~

Last edited:
Hahahaha...

C'mon, Baruch, that was funny. She thought...omg, classic.

I've never sent anyone who interviewed me a thank you. You're way too nice.

I would have asked why they thought talking to me was a waste of time, and I think I might let their supervisor know they're not really interviewing people. He probably already had his person chosen. What a jerk.

I'd hire you! What do you do???

You shouldn't have worn your $30 "Obama 2012" T-shirt.

Job hunting really sucks.....

I had an interview outside Seattle earlier in the year: Flew me RT from Denver, put me up in Hotels, rented my car, and paid for all the Sea Food I could stand...

AND THEY STILL HAVE NOT LET ME KNOW IF I GOT THE JOB!!!:eek:

I know exactly how you feel. When my husband was laid off and I was looking for work, it took me forever just to get my first interview. I show up and they say their budget has been cut and they aren't going to hire anyone. Never even got an interview. I went home and cried.

Some people don't understand how difficult it is to get a job today.

I will be praying for you.

Sorry to hear that, it is very tough in todays environment, my wife is having a hard time as well....

Obama better be toast in '12 or we will have more of the same, it is so amazing that he really has a chance to be re-elected....

That sucked on so many levels. (((hugs)))

Those of you with jobs haven't a clue to how important that $9 can be. I know I wouldn't have a year ago. If there were a chance? Money well spent. To waste the time and effort for no reason? Horsewhipping is too good.

Some years ago, I had a phone interview with an aerospace company located in L.A. After a couple of phone calls they said they would like to schedule an interview and a plant visit. I was told to make travel arrangements since I lived in Florida and I would be reimbursed at my interview. At the interview I learned that there was a budget cut and they couldn't hire me at that time. They sent me to accounting. I filled out some papers and was told their system couldn't issue a check at that time but I would receive a check in about two weeks. Two weeks came and passed and no check. I later found out the company when under and with it my $900 I spent on travel. So be thankful all you lost was your $9.

I remember the good old days in the '90s when prospective employers were calling me up at home and begging for me to come work for them.

Maybe someday we'll be back there.

But I doubt it.

Last edited:
Its weird how all these cons have been laid off for quite awhile and Blame Obama for it.

Dont they know it was Bush who tanked the economy?

Dont they remember Bush standing in front of the cameras BEFORE Obama was even elected and having to announce that if they did not bail out the banks we would be in the Great Depression number two?

What a world we have when people defend the very people who harmed them.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb3YZ3btP70&feature=related]YouTube - ‪George W Bush bail out plan - Part 2 Sept 24, 2008‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf6MMSJm4YA&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Bush: The Economy is Fine!‬‏[/ame]

You did not need them any way. Keep your head up and get moving to the next interview. Just dont let it mess with your head and push on and dont give up. I had the same issue until I went in for my self. You any good with your hands ?

Forum List

Back