depression

Got my first interview in since I don't remember when. It was a 45 minute drive up there. The guy talked to the previous interviewee 15 minutes into my scheduled time, let me talk 3 minutes and said thanks much, but lets not waste each other's time any more.

According to my GPS, that little trip cost $9

I don't want to send that jerk a thank you note.

If you are a member of a protected class you may have recourse. The important thing to remember is you in effect interviewd the jerk, and my guess is, in reflection, he failed the interview and you wouldn't hire him to employ you.

Even if you are a member of a protected class, any effort made to 'win' may not be worth the effort.

In regards to his failure, I might be inclined to write to HR, the Company President or anyone you might discover is his superior. I would limit to letter to one page, make clear the circumstances of the interview and your evaluation of the interviewer, pointing out his flaws, and how someone might infer the interview was fixed (someone has already been selected and you and others were cover) or a bias existed which might violate the law.

I would no make a threat, I'd try to make them wonder what you might do, but make it clear even if he had offered you the job you would have turned it down, for the face of the company (which he represented) was not one where you would want to work.

Finally I'd CC the letter to "file" and "other".

Its weird how all these cons have been laid off for quite awhile and Blame Obama for it.

Dont they know it was Bush who tanked the economy?

Dont they remember Bush standing in front of the cameras BEFORE Obama was even elected and having to announce that if they did not bail out the banks we would be in the Great Depression number two?

What a world we have when people defend the very people who harmed them.

No one in this thread mentioned Obama until you did.

Alway appreciate the wonky partisan idiot POV.

At least its good for Comic Relief

Last edited:
Got my first interview in since I don't remember when. It was a 45 minute drive up there. The guy talked to the previous interviewee 15 minutes into my scheduled time, let me talk 3 minutes and said thanks much, but lets not waste each other's time any more.

I'm sorry Baruch. He at least could have given you the decency of a full interview. As far as a thank you note goes ..... hmmmm. My first reaction is screw that! But perhaps the person who was hired won't work out and they'll call you back. So an email, like some have suggested, would be a good idea.

When I chill a bit, I will send the thank you. It was, after all, the first interview in a long time.

And TM, I don't blame Obama for my being out of work. Nor do I blame him for my lousy interview skills. (Lousy interview skills might be Bush's fault. After all, I didn't get any practice all the time he was president.)

You shouldn't have worn your $30 "Obama 2012" T-shirt.

This guy did

When I chill a bit, I will send the thank you. It was, after all, the first interview in a long time.

And TM, I don't blame Obama for my being out of work. Nor do I blame him for my lousy interview skills. (Lousy interview skills might be Bush's fault. After all, I didn't get any practice all the time he was president.)

The reason you have such a hard time finding a job is because you supported the policies that created this mess.

I hope you find a good job real soon and that your life greatly improves.

I also hope you wake up some day and face the real facts of what you supported that caused this.

Its weird how all these cons have been laid off for quite awhile and Blame Obama for it.

Dont they remember Bush standing in front of the cameras BEFORE Obama was even elected and having to announce that if they did not bail out the banks we would be in the Great Depression number two?

No one in this thread mentioned Obama until you did.

Alway appreciate the wonky partisan idiot POV.

At least its good for Comic Relief

Yup.

This post proves you have class. Keep at it .

This proves you have no class.

I seriously doubt that any President does anything to specifially tweak the economy one way or the other so that Baruch is or is not employed.

Only the most rabid of partisans believe otherwise.

To Quote Louissa, you don't know what is giving me difficulties. You are jumping to conclusions.

You don't see what the employer sees, a 50 year old guy with a stammer and some problematic history.

My life is tough. Not because of Bush or Obama. To blame either of them is to shirk your own responsibility.

Send the note. You never know how things will work out. Ask to be considered for a job in the future.

Agreed. One never regrets doing the right thing.

The interviewer treated you in a shabby way, but I'd still take the high road and send a note. An email will do just as well.

How about you talk a long walk on a short pier?

P.S. Don't forget to take your computer with you !

To Quote Louissa, you don't know what is giving me difficulties. You are jumping to conclusions.

You don't see what the employer sees, a 50 year old guy with a stammer and some problematic history.

My life is tough. Not because of Bush or Obama. To blame either of them is to shirk your own responsibility.

Oh, man. I did not realize you were 50. In a good economy it would be hard for you to get a job. What are you looking for ? what do you do for a living and ware are you looking ? If it isn't to nosy to ask .

Don't wait, do it now.

Something like this:

I appreciate your taking the time to interview me for a position with your firm.

Please keep my resume on file and if a position should open up that would be a good fit for my skillset and experience, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you again and have a good day.

Write a hate letter. I mean really pour everything you have in it. do it by hand so the anger really comes through.

Then toss it in the garbage.

Write another hate letter.

then toss it in the garbage.

Repeat as needed until the anger is gone, then write a thank you note or email

its weird how all these cons have been laid off for quite awhile and blame obama for it.

Dont they know it was bush who tanked the economy?

Dont they remember bush standing in front of the cameras before obama was even elected and having to announce that if they did not bail out the banks we would be in the great depression number two?

Stop the punctuation abuse!!!!!!!

We've long ceased expecting anything coherent or rational from you, but please, please, please stop the punctuation abuse!

Forum List

Back