Depression

Blues Man

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2016
The real truth about depression is that the "experts" don't really know what causes it. They have a hypothesis that it's a deficiency of one neurotransmitter or another so they dope people up in a hit or miss strategy to treat this "illness"

These "experts" have been prescribing antidepressants and keeping people on them for decades now and they had no real knowledge of what the long term effects would be. It turns out they ain't pretty.

I made the mistake of listening to these quacks when I was in my late 20's and took antidepressants for more than 10 years and when I finally told my doctor I was done with them and him he went on a 10 minute tirade on how I was setting myself up for more problems. Well surprise surprise the quack was wrong.

It's the sad state of our health system that is controlled by the Big Pharma Cartel. Drs (quacks) are trained to just prescribe something and forget about it as long as the automatic refills are set up the quacks don't think about it anymore.

Depression is no more an "illness" as Obesity is an "illness"

The real truth about depression is that the "experts" don't really know what causes it. They have a hypothesis that it's a deficiency of one neurotransmitter or another so they dope people up in a hit or miss strategy to treat this "illness"

These "experts" have been prescribing antidepressants and keeping people on them for decades now and they had no real knowledge of what the long term effects would be. It turns out they ain't pretty.

I made the mistake of listening to these quacks when I was in my late 20's and took antidepressants for more than 10 years and when I finally told my doctor I was done with them and him he went on a 10 minute tirade on how I was setting myself up for more problems. Well surprise surprise the quack was wrong.

It's the sad state of our health system that is controlled by the Big Pharma Cartel. Drs (quacks) are trained to just prescribe something and forget about it as long as the automatic refills are set up the quacks don't think about it anymore.

Depression is no more an "illness" as Obesity is an "illness"
What you say isn’t true. My mother suffered from episodic major depression so bad that her brain couldn’t even follow a conversation and actually seemed like dementia. Anti-depressants turned her into a functioning human being again.

No longer did I arrive home from school at 3:30 pm to find her still in bed, day after day after day.

What you say isn’t true. My mother suffered from episodic major depression so bad that her brain couldn’t even follow a conversation and actually seemed like dementia. Anti-depressants turned her into a functioning human being again.

No longer did I arrive home from school at 3:30 pm to find her still in bed, day after day after day.

And what else did she try?

Let me guess, nothing.

The hard position that they are cure alls is just as bad as the hard position that they do nothing. Different things work for different people.

The quacks are experimenting on people. They don't know what causes depression they are just trying shit out on people without any knowledge of long term effects.

People who take those drugs have a higher risk of death by heart attack, stroke and paradoxically , suicide.

The quacks are experimenting on people. They don't know what causes depression they are just trying shit out on people without any knowledge of long term effects.

People who take those drugs have a higher risk of death by heart attack, stroke and paradoxically , suicide.

Correlation does not equal causation.

There is a difference between being mildly medicated for depression and someone popping pills like they are candy.

And what else did she try?

Let me guess, nothing.
She tried plenty, including therapy. It’s a chemical imbalance in the brain.

Your attitude is blaming people for their depression (as if they didn’t feel bad enough). Not helpful.

1706625939756.png

She tried plenty, including therapy. It’s a chemical imbalance in the brain.

Your attitude is blaming people for their depression (as if they didn’t feel bad enough). Not helpful.
No it's not that's just a guess

And being "mildly medicated" for decades with unknown consequences is not a good idea.

I'm on blood pressure and cholesterol meds, and have been on a mild anti-depressant for about 3 years now. I've seen noticeable improvement.

And being "mildly medicated" for decades with unknown consequences is not a good idea.
Yeah, and? My mother is now in her 90s, still on medication, and in good physical shape. Rather than spend her life in bed, too depressed to get out of her pajamas, she was active in our synagogue, took physical fitness classes at the spa, volunteered at the thrift store, and enjoyed lots of exciting travel wih my Dad.

People like you, if in a position to block meds, can do a lot of damage.

I'm on blood pressure and cholesterol meds, and have been on a mild anti-depressant for about 3 years now. I've seen noticeable improvement.

You could have seen just as good if not better improvement with diet exercise and meditation.

Depression is not an "illness".

Yeah, and? My mother is now in her 90s, still on medication, and in good physical shape. Rather than spend her life in bed, too depressed to get out of her pajamas, she was active in our synagogue, took physical fitness classes at the spa, volunteered at the thrift store, and enjoyed lots of exciting travel wih my Dad.

People like you, if in a position to block meds, can do a lot of damage.
Sure just ignore the links that say depression is NOT caused by a chemical imbalance

You could have seen just as good if not better improvement with diet exercise and meditation.

Depression is not an "illness".

Your opinion is your opinion. The meds are what got me to get back to exercise and try to stay on my diet.

Your opinion is your opinion. The meds are what got me to get back to exercise and try to stay on my diet.
Placebo effect.

your meds are fucking up your digestive system especially that SSRI you are on

Neuro transmitters don't only work in the brain you know all your bodily processes depend on them

your meds are fucking up your digestive system especially that SSRI you are on

Neuro transmitters don't only work in the brain you know.

Actually they led to a marked decrease in my stomach issues, which were caused by my anxiety and depression.

Also led to a big decrease in my road rage.

Forum List

Back