Depression

1706627056606.png

I told my therapist that I'm depressed because everyone seems to hate me. My therapist said, "Don't be ridiculous, not everyone has met you yet."

Wrong. Are you a doctor?
Still ignoring the research that proves the whole chemical imbalance theory put forth by the drug companies and sold by doctors i is wrong huh?

Placebo effect look it up.

I am aware of it. The change in my stomach issues and my anger at assholes while driving was sudden, direct, and a known effect of the drug I was taking.

You can believe what you want, I know what worked for me, and continues to work for me.

Addicts will defend their drug use despite all evidence

I am aware of it. The change in my stomach issues and my anger at assholes while driving was sudden, direct, and a known effect of the drug I was taking.

You can believe what you want, I know what worked for me, and continues to work for me.
That tells you it was a placebo effect since therapeutic levels of SSRIs a take weeks to reach

You are in denial like most addicts

That tells you it was a placebo effect since therapeutic levels of SSRIs a take weeks to reach

You are in denial like most addicts

And you are one of those people that think your ideas are reality.

Maybe it wasn't right away, maybe it was a few weeks. I was depressed at the time, that tends to make your memories a bit suspect.

And you are one of those people that think your ideas are reality.

Maybe it wasn't right away, maybe it was a few weeks. I was depressed at the time, that tends to make your memories a bit suspect.

I was on antidepressants for more than 10 years. Didn't you read the OP?

And just because they didn't work for you doesn't mean they don't work for others.

They don't work and the science is actually proving it. You are taking drugs based on bad science and convention and if you listen to the quack that prescribed them you're going to be taking them for the rest of your life

They don't work and the science is actually proving it. You are taking drugs based on bad science and convention

Some studies say they work, some say they don't.

They worked for me, and I'm way too cynical for the placebo effect.

The real truth about depression is that the "experts" don't really know what causes it. They have a hypothesis that it's a deficiency of one neurotransmitter or another so they dope people up in a hit or miss strategy to treat this "illness"

These "experts" have been prescribing antidepressants and keeping people on them for decades now and they had no real knowledge of what the long term effects would be. It turns out they ain't pretty.

I made the mistake of listening to these quacks when I was in my late 20's and took antidepressants for more than 10 years and when I finally told my doctor I was done with them and him he went on a 10 minute tirade on how I was setting myself up for more problems. Well surprise surprise the quack was wrong.

It's the sad state of our health system that is controlled by the Big Pharma Cartel. Drs (quacks) are trained to just prescribe something and forget about it as long as the automatic refills are set up the quacks don't think about it anymore.

Depression is no more an "illness" as Obesity is an "illness"
Antidepressants treat the symptoms, not the cause.....They're also highly addictive, which is great for the PigPharm pushers.

"Depression" doesn't exist in the way that "love" doesn't...I can't borrow from anyone a bucket of them, with the promise that I'll pay back at the end of the month with a barrel of it.

You'll never medicate your way out of chronic patterns of thought.

I began suffering severe depression following two TBI in the line of duty back in 1989. I have been taking antidepressants and other neuroleptics for the last thirty-five years. Twice I quit them to try life without them. Both times I ended up serving a hitch in a psychiatric hospital. I don't need some ass hat telling me my depression is not real and my prescribed medicines are not needed.

They even helped my cat, who was peeing outside the litter box when I first got him from the shelter.

I tried different forms of litter. I tried putting multiple boxes around. Neither worked.

My vet suggested Prozac, which is an anti-anxiety med for cats. No change for one week. No change, week 2. Vet said give it six weeks, at least….maybe eight.

Voila! Week seven rolls around, and he stopped doing it! Kept him on it for three months, per the vet’s recommendation, and no problem. Then I started to taper him off. Week one, all good. Week two, still good. Week three, still good. Week four: peed outside the box three times.

Now, are you telling me the drug had a placebo effect on my cat?

(I put him back on it.)

Forum List

Back