Denzel Washington knows what our problem is...fatherless homes..not guns or prisons...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yep...Denzel Washington stepped into a Crap Storm....he actually told the truth about the problems in not only black communities, but in all communities with violent and other crime....

Denzel Washington to Black America: Stop Blaming the Prison System, 'It Starts at Home'

“It starts at the home. It starts at home. It starts with how you raise your children. If a young man doesn’t have a father figure, he’ll go find a father figure,” the Academy Award-winner told reporters at the Dan Gilroy-directed film’s New York premiere, the New York Daily News reports.

“So you know I can’t blame the system. It’s unfortunate that we make such easy work for them,” Washington said.

Denzel is too popular for Democrats or Hollywood to railroad him. So this will quickly be swept under the rug unfortunately. But kudos to Denzel Washington for having the guts to state the truth. Maybe others will find their courage.

It's the simplistic right wing "view" of things that always means they're right and therefore they don't need to actually deal with any of the problems.

It's the simplistic right wing "view" of things that always means they're right and therefore they don't need to actually deal with any of the problems.
Sometimes there is a thin line between dealing with problems and enabling.

Yep...Denzel Washington stepped into a Crap Storm....he actually told the truth about the problems in not only black communities, but in all communities with violent and other crime....

Denzel Washington to Black America: Stop Blaming the Prison System, 'It Starts at Home'

“It starts at the home. It starts at home. It starts with how you raise your children. If a young man doesn’t have a father figure, he’ll go find a father figure,” the Academy Award-winner told reporters at the Dan Gilroy-directed film’s New York premiere, the New York Daily News reports.

“So you know I can’t blame the system. It’s unfortunate that we make such easy work for them,” Washington said.
I like Denzel but his opinion is nothing more than a layman's opinion on a very complex subject.

Been banging this drum for 20years and called racist a thousand times

And I've been. handing out sound suppresors to reduce the sound of drummers making unnecessary noise. Although the black community has been projected in the media as a bastion of crime, disease and poverty, that is NOT the case. 75% of blacks live above the poverty level and a relatively few are criminals. Denzel may not be aware of that.
He might also be oblivious of the ongoing opiod epidemic and suicide cases that are sweeping the Euro-American communities.
Perhaps you need to move your drum to a more suburban location and change the beat to one that highlights the ills among your own people.

Well damn I enjoyed his movies...well...guess that's that. He won't be getting any more offers after letting go of the line like that.

The link says he was talking to blacks . I'd like to see it rewritten to say he was talking to Asians...Caucs and Hispanics as well. Crime is an American problem and we need our collective resources to combat it. Segregating crimes by race is folly. Caucs commit the most crime but blacks are overrepresented in our prisons. That disparity needs to be corrected even as we move to address the root causes of American dysfunction.

He's absolutely right, and good for him. We certainly need more accountability in this area, and less enabling by those who claim to "care".

At the same time, let's not be restricted by binary thinking. This is not a simple issue, and what he brings up is not the only factor here.

I like Denzel but his opinion is nothing more than a layman's opinion on a very complex subject.

Oh, so the 'experts' know better, do they?

I have some news for you, dude; the experts have all gone crazy.
Your "news" is so lame that even three crutches wouldn't support it. Just because Denzel repeats the social conditioning propaganda he's heard on the evening news, without researching it as I have , doesn't make his opinion gospel. And of course you are going to agree with anything that sipports your distorted worldview about black communities while your own people are wrestling with drug addiction, increasing suicide rates, and Aryan criminals who prey on and slay you.

And I've been. handing out sound suppresors to reduce the sound of drummers making unnecessary noise. Although the black community has been projected in the media as a bastion of crime, disease and poverty, that is NOT the case. 75% of blacks live above the poverty level and a relatively few are criminals. Denzel may not be aware of that.
He might also be oblivious of the ongoing opiod epidemic and suicide cases that are sweeping the Euro-American communities.
Perhaps you need to move your drum to a more suburban location and change the beat to one that highlights the ills among your own people.
Of course it is a minority of people that cause the problem, but the minority has pathologies that are universal

then what are blacks whining for all the time??
remember, they also graduate at lower levels
they do have a problem:their crime rate is not 2 or 3 times more than whites, but many times the rate...that's a problem--not police brutality rate, etc

Of course it is a minority of people that cause the problem, but the minority has pathologies that are universal
But what "expert" has decided fatherless homes is the central factor in abberant or criminal behavior. The deadly Mafia snd other Euro gangs not only were reared by two parent families they had Godfathers or Dons as well. I think we ought to be looking for correlations between the past and the present to determine causal effects.

Forum List

Back