Denzel Washington knows what our problem is...fatherless homes..not guns or prisons...

It's the simplistic right wing "view" of things that always means they're right and therefore they don't need to actually deal with any of the problems.

Uh what’s the stat, some 70% of blacks grow up in fatherless homes...that doesn’t seem like a problem to you? There’s been study after study, showing a very strong correlation with criminal problems, unhealthy adjustments, and unhealthy relationships among kids/adults who have grown up without/very little fatherly interactions. No duh it starts in the home...where else would it start?? If your waiting for school for it to start, you’re already too late.

Yes, it's a problem to me.

Children in single-parent families by race | KIDS COUNT Data Center

The stats are about 67%

Now why does this happen?

Race divide on single parents | Metro News

In the UK there's an issue with this too. However "only" 48% of families with children in black Caribbean families are in single parent families. 36% of black African families are single parent.

Well this black African figure is nearly half what it is in the US.

For white people the figure is 22% which is higher than Asian origin families.

So, black Africans are 50% more likely in the UK to be single parents.

But in the US non-Hispanic whites are at 25%, slightly higher than the UK average (which is difficult to compare because the statistic appear to be different) but the black statistic is much, MUCH higher.

Why?

Are you telling me the US and the way it deals with things isn't the issue here?
Certainly part of it...but we also have a massive drug problem. We also have a stronger culture supporting the drug culture. Now I am for legalization...which will help. But when the entire rap culture is glorifying crime and selfishness, that’s gonna definitely influence it. It’s a culture that’s telling you that money will fix all of the problems around you, and get rich by any means, or die trying...or that you should be trying to make it as a rapper and put all your eggs in that basket, and if that doesn’t work, turn to black market drugs...that’s DEFINTILY going to have an effect. And that’s defiantly what we’re seeing. That is a cultural problem, and government is not going to fix it. They’ve been trying to fix it. 22 trillion dollars later the only thing we’ve added is more poverty, and more broken homes.

you still refuse to accept facts
I refuse to accept alt facts such as yours.
fact hurt you --don't they....
the truth hurts
Is that why you refuse to acknowledge the opiod pandemic in your community ? Is that why you refuse to accept that people who look like you are murderers, thieves,rapists
and just plain hate mongerers?

I believe that some blacks are just as diabolical as your own criminals can be
but most are not. Can YOU accept THAT???
blacks commit crime at much higher rates
graduate at lower rates
most don't commit crime--but then we see all these protests from the non-criminals that support criminals!!
we see not 1, not 5, but DOZENS stealing [ looting ] during these protests and natural disasters
destroying/burning
it goes beyond being a criminal
google flash mobs stealing..then to images--mostly blacks
Stop whining.. You are eerily silent when supposedly good cops support their murderous comrades. And the shallowness of your pathetic worldview is woefully lacking when you point to dozens of rioters as symbolic icons of 42 million black souls.
You are pitiful.
but murderous cops are rare--and commit murder at almost a 0 rate compared to blacks--per capita or otherwise
the numbers/facts do not back you up
there are almost 0 murderous cops but many violent black criminals

so, you do not sympathize with BLM/protesters--you agree the criminals that all the protests were for were justifiably shot??
most blacks agree the cops shot in self defense??

you still refuse to accept facts
the truth hurts
Is that why you refuse to acknowledge the opiod pandemic in your community ? Is that why you refuse to accept that people who look like you are murderers, thieves,rapists

graduate at lower rates
most don't commit crime--but then we see all these protests from the non-criminals that support criminals!!
we see not 1, not 5, but DOZENS stealing [ looting ] during these protests and natural disasters
destroying/burning
Stop whining.. You are eerily silent when supposedly good cops support their murderous comrades. And the shallowness of your pathetic worldview is woefully lacking when you point to dozens of rioters as symbolic icons of 42 million black souls.
You are pitiful.
why be degrading?
why can't you discuss civilly/politely?

It's the simplistic right wing "view" of things that always means they're right and therefore they don't need to actually deal with any of the problems.

Uh what’s the stat, some 70% of blacks grow up in fatherless homes...that doesn’t seem like a problem to you? There’s been study after study, showing a very strong correlation with criminal problems, unhealthy adjustments, and unhealthy relationships among kids/adults who have grown up without/very little fatherly interactions. No duh it starts in the home...where else would it start?? If your waiting for school for it to start, you’re already too late.

The stats are about 67%

In the UK there's an issue with this too. However "only" 48% of families with children in black Caribbean families are in single parent families. 36% of black African families are single parent.

But in the US non-Hispanic whites are at 25%, slightly higher than the UK average (which is difficult to compare because the statistic appear to be different) but the black statistic is much, MUCH higher.

Why?

Are you telling me the US and the way it deals with things isn't the issue here?
Certainly part of it...but we also have a massive drug problem. We also have a stronger culture supporting the drug culture. Now I am for legalization...which will help. But when the entire rap culture is glorifying crime and selfishness, that’s gonna definitely influence it. It’s a culture that’s telling you that money will fix all of the problems around you, and get rich by any means, or die trying...or that you should be trying to make it as a rapper and put all your eggs in that basket, and if that doesn’t work, turn to black market drugs...that’s DEFINTILY going to have an effect. And that’s defiantly what we’re seeing. That is a cultural problem, and government is not going to fix it. They’ve been trying to fix it. 22 trillion dollars later the only thing we’ve added is more poverty, and more broken homes.

It's a cycle of poverty. Rap is all coming out of poverty, it's glorifying it because what else can you do? The US has made this situation and refuses to sort it out, because the politicians don't care, and the voters don't care, and they don't care because the rich spends money pumping other issues and telling people what to think.

The stats are about 67%

Why?

It's a cycle of poverty. Rap is all coming out of poverty, it's glorifying it because what else can you do? The US has made this situation and refuses to sort it out, because the politicians don't care, and the voters don't care, and they don't care because the rich spends money pumping other issues and telling people what to think.

No...democrats use poverty to keep blacks and other minorities under their thumb...

The stats are about 67%

Why?

No no no, you could not glorify crime, and you could choose to not follow the people who glorify crime. People have to take responsibility for themselves. Problem is government has eliminated the need for them to take responsibility. You don’t have to raise your kids, government will. Why work when the average person on welfare is getting 60,000 worth in benefits...why. Government is not only enabling its encouraging. And it’s should be very obvious government is not fixing these problems, they are just making money off of it, and gaining more power from it.

If you really have that low amount of control of over the world you live in, and all your shortcomings can be blamed on this or that...what a sad sad world that is. Problem is, that’s not reality. THIS ISNT A PROBLEM FOR POOR AS DIRT FIRST GEN ASIANS, NOT A PROBLEM FOR FIRST GEN AA. we can’t excuse away every single bad personal choice that is made. PEOPLE NEED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY.

I’m not at all saying take away the safety net. First we need to slash government spending. Then we need to lower taxes on EVERYONE. Then we need to let loose ;) the free markets, and create high paying jobs. Then we can roll back the safety net to those who truly need it.

Yep...Denzel Washington stepped into a Crap Storm....he actually told the truth about the problems in not only black communities, but in all communities with violent and other crime....

Denzel Washington to Black America: Stop Blaming the Prison System, 'It Starts at Home'

“It starts at the home. It starts at home. It starts with how you raise your children. If a young man doesn’t have a father figure, he’ll go find a father figure,” the Academy Award-winner told reporters at the Dan Gilroy-directed film’s New York premiere, the New York Daily News reports.

“So you know I can’t blame the system. It’s unfortunate that we make such easy work for them,” Washington said.
I like Denzel but his opinion is nothing more than a layman's opinion on a very complex subject.
Well I notice black people don’t like to admit they are creating the problem in their communities by not fathering the kids they give birth to. But you just don’t like admitting it to us. But wasn’t that one of the messages delivered at the million man March?

So we know you know this is a problem regardless of if you admit it to us.

I understand why you don’t admit it to whites. Because that doesn’t take away the fact that they discriminate against you and actually they created or caused the break ups of black families.

Yep...Denzel Washington stepped into a Crap Storm....he actually told the truth about the problems in not only black communities, but in all communities with violent and other crime....

Denzel Washington to Black America: Stop Blaming the Prison System, 'It Starts at Home'

“It starts at the home. It starts at home. It starts with how you raise your children. If a young man doesn’t have a father figure, he’ll go find a father figure,” the Academy Award-winner told reporters at the Dan Gilroy-directed film’s New York premiere, the New York Daily News reports.

“So you know I can’t blame the system. It’s unfortunate that we make such easy work for them,” Washington said.
I like Denzel but his opinion is nothing more than a layman's opinion on a very complex subject.
Well I notice black people don’t like to admit they are creating the problem in their communities by not fathering the kids they give birth to. But you just don’t like admitting it to us. But wasn’t that one of the messages delivered at the million man March?

I understand why you don’t admit it to whites. Because that doesn’t take away the fact that they discriminate against you and actually they created or caused the break ups of black families.

No....President johnson and the democrats caused the break up of Black families.......that was the whole goal behind the Great Society, another Orwellian word game....

Thus should be front page with many participants but it's not and that's indicative of the problem

The stats are about 67%

Why?

No no no, you could not glorify crime, and you could choose to not follow the people who glorify crime. People have to take responsibility for themselves. Problem is government has eliminated the need for them to take responsibility. You don’t have to raise your kids, government will. Why work when the average person on welfare is getting 60,000 worth in benefits...why. Government is not only enabling its encouraging. And it’s should be very obvious government is not fixing these problems, they are just making money off of it, and gaining more power from it.

If you really have that low amount of control of over the world you live in, and all your shortcomings can be blamed on this or that...what a sad sad world that is. Problem is, that’s not reality. THIS ISNT A PROBLEM FOR POOR AS DIRT FIRST GEN ASIANS, NOT A PROBLEM FOR FIRST GEN AA. we can’t excuse away every single bad personal choice that is made. PEOPLE NEED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY.

I’m not at all saying take away the safety net. First we need to slash government spending. Then we need to lower taxes on EVERYONE. Then we need to let loose ;) the free markets, and create high paying jobs. Then we can roll back the safety net to those who truly need it.

Yes, you could make choices. But yet other people have made choices to keep you down, to dehumanize you. So fuck them, make your own choices.

You say people have to take responsibility for themselves, sure, but you don't help by preventing them from taking responsibility for themselves. This is the problem.

It's like saying "you should open up your own business" while making taxes too high for you and much cheaper for your competitor, which is exactly what happens in the US.

First generation people have less problems. It's those who are long term and have been born into hopelessness and crime that are the problem.

Your argument is for them to take responsibility, which is just an excuse to DO FUCKING NOTHING.

This is why the UK has a 50% higher rate for black Africans being in single parent families and the US it's 300%,

Imagine you're born into a world where your father disappeared very young, where your mother has to work 80 hours a week and where you turned to crime because they were the only ones who gave a shit.

Then imagine someone comes along as says "it's all your fault, therefore we're going to do nothing about it"

the truth hurts

graduate at lower rates
destroying/burning
You are pitiful.
but murderous cops are rare--and commit murder at almost a 0 rate compared to blacks--per capita or otherwise
the numbers/facts do not back you up
there are almost 0 murderous cops but many violent black criminals

so, you do not sympathize with BLM/protesters--you agree the criminals that all the protests were for were justifiably shot??
most blacks agree the cops shot in self defense??
I believe what my own eyes tell me. I saw videos of cops shooting unarmed blacks who were posing no discernible threat to them. You might have interpreted those same videos differently based on your own personal biases. And I've seen videos of armed Caucasians threatening cops with guns who were taken alive. I don't recall ever seeing a black man taken alive who threatened cops with a gun.

Getting back to your criminal statistical indictment of the black citizenry.
When the biggest liars and murderers on earth (pink people who call themselves white)
generate stastics that demean other races...especially blacks...you expect everyone to accept the data as indisputable truth. I ask you WHY should anyone but Caucs
believe what you lying MFs publish? If the data can't be verified by someone like Louis Farrakhan and his NOI resources I'm not accepting it as gospel.

Besides that...even if the criminal data is true
Wtf are you telling me for? What do you expect ME to do about it.? I've been hearing that shit for 30 years. Proselytizing to decent church going blacks about criminals is plain stupid. Like you expect them to put themselves in harms way to tailor the black community to your ideal specifications.
You are talking to the wrong blacks. If you want your message to reach the criminals take your punk ass out there where they are. Go stand on a street corner with a microphone and tell them you are there to save them from their wicked ways...

the truth hurts

graduate at lower rates
destroying/burning
You are pitiful.
why be degrading?
why can't you discuss civilly/politely?
You're trying to degrade an entire race ...and you expect a civil response???? Newsflash:
All you are going to get is brutal honesty

Imagine you're born into a world where your father disappeared very young, where your mother has to work 80 hours a week and where you turned to crime because they were the only ones who gave a shit.

Then imagine someone comes along as says "it's all your fault, therefore we're going to do nothing about it"

He should be mad at his mother and father. They did this to him.

No retard. It isn't just a right wing view...even left wing think tanks like the Brookings Institute says what is being said here.

And who did what to his mother and father? It's a cycle of poverty.

You go back to the mother and father, grandparents, great grandparents. Then you're getting into segregation and then you're getting into slavery. You're getting into a society where black people have been kept down by the white people for a very long time.

That's where it goes.

Reminding readers here that this thread's concept applies across all races. So try to stay on topic. Male children particularly are ALL susceptible to the woes of a fatherless home. Regardless of the pigment load in their dermal layers. The common physical denominator is the testicles & their brains.

And who did what to his mother and father? It's a cycle of poverty.

You go back to the mother and father, grandparents, great grandparents. Then you're getting into segregation and then you're getting into slavery. You're getting into a society where black people have been kept down by the white people for a very long time.

That's where it goes.

I get that but moving forward this guy

and this girl

are responsible.

The Turks enslaved my people for hundreds of years. Eventually we had to get over it.

Anyone can make it in America. The people you are talking about are going to have to get out of the hole we put them in themselves. Things still aren't perfect but we're a long way away from the 1960's.

No....President johnson and the democrats caused the break up of Black families.......that was the whole goal behind the Great Society, another Orwellian word game....
The "break up" of black families is not an isolated phenomenom. It's happenings all over the industrialized world and began in about the same time frame...in the 1960s.
While the domestic focus has put black illegitimacy under the microscope there are
Nordic countries with rates of unwed births nearly as high. My point? If we are to do more than just pointing fingers at American blacks, consideration for exploring causes of the wildly increasing births outside of marriage in nations populated by Caucasians needs to be
part of finding solutions.

Lets take a look:
chamie-chartPicture1-500px858.png

This graph shows that rates of unwed mother hood in a number of European nations approaches that of American black communities. The major difference is that those countries are nearly homogenous and
slavery and racial discrimination wasn't part of the historical equation. But are fathers ababndoning their children in these. countries? Here's the answer:

15121446031931182281755.png

ACCORDING to the chart some one has taken the time to explain that in Europe cohabitation keeps families together in many cases and that softens the stigma of illegitimacy. American blacks aren't afforded the same luxury. Instead the deadbeat dad is put forth as the standard for African American illegitimacy. Cohabitation is never part of the conversation. But let's look closer. Here's the real deal:

Beyond the Myth of the ‘Black Deadbeat Dad' - EBONY

Attachments

• chamie-chartPicture3-500px.png
    chamie-chartPicture3-500px.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 32

Forum List

Back