Denzel Washington knows what our problem is...fatherless homes..not guns or prisons...

I like Denzel but his opinion is nothing more than a layman's opinion on a very complex subject.

Or, you would like the issue of missing vital fathers in children's lives to appear complex so that you can used judges to legislate the importance of a father in a boy's (or girl's) life into nonexistence using an illegal contract as a wedge.

Been banging this drum for 20years and called racist a thousand times
And I've been. handing out sound suppresors to reduce the sound of drummers making unnecessary noise. Although the black community has been projected in the media as a bastion of crime, disease and poverty, that is NOT the case. 75% of blacks live above the poverty level and a relatively few are criminals. Denzel may not be aware of that.
He might also be oblivious of the ongoing opiod epidemic and suicide cases that are sweeping the Euro-American communities.
Perhaps you need to move your drum to a more suburban location and change the beat to one that highlights the ills among your own people.
Of course it is a minority of people that cause the problem, but the minority has pathologies that are universal
But what "expert" has decided fatherless homes is the central factor in abberant or criminal behavior. The deadly Mafia snd other Euro gangs not only were reared by two parent families they had Godfathers or Dons as well. I think we ought to be looking for correlations between the past and the present to determine causal effects.
but the number of Mafia directly participating in crimes was very small compared to the number of black criminals today--even non-per capita..so the test population would not be able to give a true/fair/accurate answer....
are you kidding? you will always have the ''black'' sheep of a family that will go evil--but that is rare if you have good parents
Table 43
over TWICE the rate of whites!!

And I've been. handing out sound suppresors to reduce the sound of drummers making unnecessary noise. Although the black community has been projected in the media as a bastion of crime, disease and poverty, that is NOT the case. 75% of blacks live above the poverty level and a relatively few are criminals. Denzel may not be aware of that.
He might also be oblivious of the ongoing opiod epidemic and suicide cases that are sweeping the Euro-American communities.
Perhaps you need to move your drum to a more suburban location and change the beat to one that highlights the ills among your own people.
Of course it is a minority of people that cause the problem, but the minority has pathologies that are universal
But what "expert" has decided fatherless homes is the central factor in abberant or criminal behavior. The deadly Mafia snd other Euro gangs not only were reared by two parent families they had Godfathers or Dons as well. I think we ought to be looking for correlations between the past and the present to determine causal effects.
you still refuse to accept facts

then what are blacks whining for all the time??
remember, they also graduate at lower levels
they do have a problem:their crime rate is not 2 or 3 times more than whites, but many times the rate...that's a problem--not police brutality rate, etc
The whining is coming from you. Your whining roars above all other whining.

The blacks posting here have above average intelligence and I doubt any of them are criminals. So what do you gain by trying to associate them with blacks who have nothing in common with them other than skin color?
Your incessant whining is fruitless and is misplaced.

I refuse to accept alt facts such as yours.

Is that going to be your legal argument as to "why fathers in general are not vital to boys (or girls)"? Good luck. :popcorn:

Is that going to be your legal argument as to "why fathers in general are not vital to boys (or girls)"? Good luck. :popcorn:
No...it's my legal argument pertaining to the
historical fact that criminal and aberant behavior is not inevitable just because a father is not present in home. I cited the early italian and Euro- gangs of the early 20th century as examples of criminals with fathers in their homes.

historical fact that criminal and aberant behavior is not inevitable just because a father is not present in home. I cited the early italian and Euro- gangs of the early 20th century as examples of criminals with fathers in their homes.
OK, so because some fathers were bad ones, "all fathers therefore are not necessary in boys' (or girls') lives". That's like saying "because some blacks do crime, blacks in general don't qualify as vital contributors to society". You're aware of the 14th amendment's ban against discrimination based on gender (or race), right?

Again, good luck!

fact hurt you --don't they....
the truth hurts

OK, so because some fathers were bad ones, "all fathers therefore are not necessary in boys' (or girls') lives". That's like saying "because some blacks do crime, blacks in general don't qualify as vital contributors to society". You're aware of the 14th amendment's ban against discrimination based on gender (or race), right?

Again, good luck!
I never used the word "all". And your false equivalencies are rather boorish.

the truth hurts
Is that why you refuse to acknowledge the opiod pandemic in your community ? Is that why you refuse to accept that people who look like you are murderers, thieves,rapists
and just plain hate mongerers?

I believe that some blacks are just as diabolical as your own criminals can be
but most are not. Can YOU accept THAT???

Denzel is too popular for Democrats or Hollywood to railroad him. So this will quickly be swept under the rug unfortunately. But kudos to Denzel Washington for having the guts to state the truth. Maybe others will find their courage.

Therein lies the problem, blacks have to become wealthy and succesful before they say things like , otherwise they would be blackballed from their chosen industry by liberals.

Charles Barkely, for example, has been saying this for years because well he's rich. Fire him and he just takes his money and goes home.

Denzel is too popular for Democrats or Hollywood to railroad him. So this will quickly be swept under the rug unfortunately. But kudos to Denzel Washington for having the guts to state the truth. Maybe others will find their courage.

Therein lies the problem, blacks have to become wealthy and succesful before they say things like , otherwise they would be blackballed from their chosen industry by liberals.

Charles Barkely, for example, has been saying this for years because well he's rich. Fire him and he just takes his money and goes home.
But where is the equivalent of Denzel and Charles speaking out about the crime, opiod addictions and suicide rates raging in the Cauc community?

But where is the equivalent of Denzel and Charles speaking out about the crime, opiod addictions and suicide rates raging in the Cauc community?

There are plenty doing so. The difference is you hear it all the time and it just becomes background noise, but when a black man stands up and says things like this it stand out as unusual.

Yep...Denzel Washington stepped into a Crap Storm....he actually told the truth about the problems in not only black communities, but in all communities with violent and other crime....

Denzel Washington to Black America: Stop Blaming the Prison System, 'It Starts at Home'

“It starts at the home. It starts at home. It starts with how you raise your children. If a young man doesn’t have a father figure, he’ll go find a father figure,” the Academy Award-winner told reporters at the Dan Gilroy-directed film’s New York premiere, the New York Daily News reports.

“So you know I can’t blame the system. It’s unfortunate that we make such easy work for them,” Washington said.
I love Denzel. He is the epitome of what a strong, black, successful man should look like.

the truth hurts
Is that why you refuse to acknowledge the opiod pandemic in your community ? Is that why you refuse to accept that people who look like you are murderers, thieves,rapists

blacks commit crime at much higher rates
graduate at lower rates
most don't commit crime--but then we see all these protests from the non-criminals that support criminals!!
we see not 1, not 5, but DOZENS stealing [ looting ] during these protests and natural disasters
destroying/burning
it goes beyond being a criminal
google flash mobs stealing..then to images--mostly blacks

There are plenty doing so. The difference is you hear it all the time and it just becomes background noise, but when a black man stands up and says things like this it stand out as unusual.
It's not unusual for a black man to say such things at all...the media just isn't there to record what average blacks have to say unless its incendiary rhetoric aimed at the Cauc community. That's part of the problem...the media controls what we think and say about each other through selective coverage designed to meet some covert social agenda.

the truth hurts

blacks commit crime at much higher rates
graduate at lower rates
most don't commit crime--but then we see all these protests from the non-criminals that support criminals!!
we see not 1, not 5, but DOZENS stealing [ looting ] during these protests and natural disasters
destroying/burning
it goes beyond being a criminal
google flash mobs stealing..then to images--mostly blacks
Stop whining.. You are eerily silent when supposedly good cops support their murderous comrades. And the shallowness of your pathetic worldview is woefully lacking when you point to dozens of rioters as symbolic icons of 42 million black souls.
You are pitiful.

It's the simplistic right wing "view" of things that always means they're right and therefore they don't need to actually deal with any of the problems.

Uh what’s the stat, some 70% of blacks grow up in fatherless homes...that doesn’t seem like a problem to you? There’s been study after study, showing a very strong correlation with criminal problems, unhealthy adjustments, and unhealthy relationships among kids/adults who have grown up without/very little fatherly interactions. No duh it starts in the home...where else would it start?? If your waiting for school for it to start, you’re already too late.

It's the simplistic right wing "view" of things that always means they're right and therefore they don't need to actually deal with any of the problems.

Uh what’s the stat, some 70% of blacks grow up in fatherless homes...that doesn’t seem like a problem to you? There’s been study after study, showing a very strong correlation with criminal problems, unhealthy adjustments, and unhealthy relationships among kids/adults who have grown up without/very little fatherly interactions. No duh it starts in the home...where else would it start?? If your waiting for school for it to start, you’re already too late.

Yes, it's a problem to me.

Children in single-parent families by race | KIDS COUNT Data Center

The stats are about 67%

Now why does this happen?

Race divide on single parents | Metro News

In the UK there's an issue with this too. However "only" 48% of families with children in black Caribbean families are in single parent families. 36% of black African families are single parent.

Well this black African figure is nearly half what it is in the US.

For white people the figure is 22% which is higher than Asian origin families.

So, black Africans are 50% more likely in the UK to be single parents.

But in the US non-Hispanic whites are at 25%, slightly higher than the UK average (which is difficult to compare because the statistic appear to be different) but the black statistic is much, MUCH higher.

Why?

Are you telling me the US and the way it deals with things isn't the issue here?

Forum List

Back