Dennis Hastert Is Indicted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm saying what Obama has to do with Hastert getting caught by the same law he passed has nothing to do with him. You're thick, real thick.

Ahhh, the irony of this...

150528174433-01-hastert-1999-super-169.jpg

Dennis Hastert in 2001: sworn-in as Speaker of the HOR, to defend the US Constitution. Uhuh.​

Patriot Act That Dennis Hastert Passed Led To His Indictment

On Oct. 24, 2001, then-House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) shepherded the Patriot Act through the House of Representatives. It passed 357 to 66, advancing to the Senate and then-President George W. Bush’s desk for signing.

Hastert took credit for House passage in a 2011 interview, claiming it “wasn’t popular, and there was a lot of fight in the Congress” over it.

Little did Hastert know at the time that the law he helped pass would give federal law enforcement the tools to indict him on charges of violating banking-related reporting requirements more than a decade later.

The Department of Justice on Thursday announced Hastert's indictment for agreeing to pay $3.5 million in hush money to keep someone quiet about his “prior misconduct.” The indictment accuses Hastert of structuring bank withdrawals to avoid bank reporting requirements, and lying to the FBI about the nature of the withdrawals. It does not reveal the “misconduct” that Hastert was trying to conceal. The recipient of the money was a resident of Yorkville, Illinois, where Hastert taught high school and coached wrestling from 1965 to 1981.

The indictment suggests that law enforcement officials relied on the Patriot Act’s expansion of bank reporting requirements to snare Hastert.

Ahhh, irony.

And so, we see yet another Republican embroiled in something illegal.

Yesiree, the GOP: party of high ethics, morals and family values.

Discuss: what do you think will happen to Hastert?

Hastert fucked or sucked one of his wrestling students and the kid was blackmailing him. Happy now?

I'm Happy Joy, but I think you still missed the point of the OP.

He was extorted 3.5 million to cover up sexual misconduct? That must be a doozy of a sexual misconduct.

We're speculating that it was sexual misconduct. It was described as 'misconduct against the individual' he was paying off.

But yeah, sexual misconduct seems the most likely culprit. And I can only see rape or molestation as being worth that much. For 3.5, maybe both.
Just read on the news that the feds are confirming sexual misconduct.

Wincing......then rape or molestation are it. The only question now is the gender of his victim. Er...victims?

Good!

He was Speaker of the House during the G.W. Bush Administration and I despise that gluttonous, arrogant bastard. I hope he is convicted, sent to prison, and dies there.

The bastard pushed through W's spending orgy and punished fiscal conservatives who tried to not go along with it. You get my vote
You were only fiscally conservative when Nancy harry and barrack took over. Fucking tea baggers.

W and Rove were throwing fiscal conservatives off the boat long before the tea party.

Revenge of the Reality-Based Community The American Conservative

You might even check out a guy named David Frum, who got fired for speaking truth

So, let me get this straight. To the Liberals, it is a unacceptable for a Man (Hastert) to abuse teenage boys but it is perfectly acceptable for a Man (Clinton) to RAPE women and sexually abuse teenage girls on a Pedo Orgy Island.

Thanks for clearing that up.

So, let me get this straight. To the Liberals, it is a unacceptable for a Man (Hastert) to abuse teenage boys but it is perfectly acceptable for a Man (Clinton) to RAPE women and sexually abuse teenage girls on a Pedo Orgy Island.

Hey, Pa! One of the Two Cookie Brigade brought one of them straw men with them!

They usually do, son. They usually do.

Good!

He was Speaker of the House during the G.W. Bush Administration and I despise that gluttonous, arrogant bastard. I hope he is convicted, sent to prison, and dies there.
Too bad he didn't know that screwing some CLOWN in the ass is a good thing...

He's not being charged with a real crime. He's being charged with "structuring withdrawals" and "lying to the FBI". Bullshit charges .......
The irony is just too sweet.

When the PATRIOT Act was passed, I told the rubes they were very naive if they thought it was only going to be used against terrorists.

How delicious it is now being used against the guy who was Speaker of the House when it was passed. Talk about "hoisted by his own petard"!

Sorry G-tard, but these charges against Hastert have nothing to do with the Patriot Act.....The "bank Secrecy act" was passed in 1970.

Sorry, Z-tard, but the Patriot Act beefed up the law.

Federal Statutes - Money Laundering

Title 31, USC Section 5331 – was passed in 2001 as a result of the USA Patriot Act and duplicates the reporting provisions of IRC, Section 6050I (Form 8300). Dual reporting of this information will now be made to both the IRS and the Treasury Department's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).

Title 31 USC Section 5332Also as a result of the USA Patriot Act was the passage of Title 31 USC 5332, Bulk Cash Statute. Criminal Investigation has jurisdiction to investigate violations of this statute. This affects anyone who transports or attempts to transport currency or other monetary instruments of more than $10,000, from a place within the United States to a place outside of the United States, or from a place outside the United States to a place within the United States, and knowingly conceals it with the intent to evade the reporting requirements of 31 USC 5316.

Hoisted by his own petard.

Now you're just drinking your own piss.

Hastert was in violation of the 1970 bank secrecy law law and lying to the FBI. Neither have squat to do with the Patriot Act. The bank reported Hastert's withdrawals as suspicious. Banks have been doing that since 1970.....
Dennis Hastert Pushed For The Patriot Act That Led To His Indictment

Former House Speaker Dennis Hastert, who has taken credit for the passage of the Patriot Act in the House of Representatives in 2001, has been indicted on charges related to paying $3.5 million in "hush money," which federal law enforcement was able to detect, using the provisions in the Patriot Act.

Sorry G-Tard, the Puffington Host story is a flat out lie. The "bank secrecy act" has required reporting of cash withdrawals greater than $10,000 since 1970. The Patriot act has nothing to do with him getting caught.

Some news reports say the payments were to silence a man he had sexual relations with while a coach at a high school. WOW! INCREDIBLE IF TRUE!

Yeah, not that I really care, but my recollection was the reporting was more about drug dealers. I'm sad for Denny, but if he did have sex with an underage kid, who he knew was a kid, and if he was in some position of trust, like a teacher or a coach, I have no sympathy.

When the PATRIOT Act was passed, I told the rubes they were very naive if they thought it was only going to be used against terrorists.

How delicious it is now being used against the guy who was Speaker of the House when it was passed. Talk about "hoisted by his own petard"!

Sorry G-tard, but these charges against Hastert have nothing to do with the Patriot Act.....The "bank Secrecy act" was passed in 1970.

Title 31, USC Section 5331 – was passed in 2001 as a result of the USA Patriot Act and duplicates the reporting provisions of IRC, Section 6050I (Form 8300). Dual reporting of this information will now be made to both the IRS and the Treasury Department's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).

Title 31 USC Section 5332Also as a result of the USA Patriot Act was the passage of Title 31 USC 5332, Bulk Cash Statute. Criminal Investigation has jurisdiction to investigate violations of this statute. This affects anyone who transports or attempts to transport currency or other monetary instruments of more than $10,000, from a place within the United States to a place outside of the United States, or from a place outside the United States to a place within the United States, and knowingly conceals it with the intent to evade the reporting requirements of 31 USC 5316.

Hastert was in violation of the 1970 bank secrecy law law and lying to the FBI. Neither have squat to do with the Patriot Act. The bank reported Hastert's withdrawals as suspicious. Banks have been doing that since 1970.....

Former House Speaker Dennis Hastert, who has taken credit for the passage of the Patriot Act in the House of Representatives in 2001, has been indicted on charges related to paying $3.5 million in "hush money," which federal law enforcement was able to detect, using the provisions in the Patriot Act.

Sorry G-Tard, the Puffington Host story is a flat out lie. The "bank secrecy act" has required reporting of cash withdrawals greater than $10,000 since 1970. The Patriot act has nothing to do with him getting caught.

He was taking out smaller amounts which got the attenfion of the bank and the Feds. Then when the FBI questioned him, he lied.

Uh. That is not a Huffington Post story.

If Hasert would have been a member of NAMBLA libs would give him the thumbs up.

Some news reports say the payments were to silence a man he had sexual relations with while a coach at a high school. WOW! INCREDIBLE IF TRUE!
Sheer speculation until we see some evidence.

He was taking out smaller amounts which got the attenfion of the bank and the Feds. Then when the FBI questioned him, he lied.

The smaller withdrawals looked suspicious to the Bank. The Bank then reported the suspicious activity to the FBI.- as they have been doing since 1970 . It had nothing to do with the Patriot Act.

Yeah, not that I really care, but my recollection was the reporting was more about drug dealers. I'm sad for Denny, but if he did have sex with an underage kid, who he knew was a kid, and if he was in some position of trust, like a teacher or a coach, I have no sympathy.

Yes, the law is to catch drug dealers. But it has now nabbed one of the big dogs in the "party of morals."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back