Dennis Hastert Is Indicted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh, the irony of this...

150528174433-01-hastert-1999-super-169.jpg

Dennis Hastert in 2001: sworn-in as Speaker of the HOR, to defend the US Constitution. Uhuh.​

Patriot Act That Dennis Hastert Passed Led To His Indictment

On Oct. 24, 2001, then-House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) shepherded the Patriot Act through the House of Representatives. It passed 357 to 66, advancing to the Senate and then-President George W. Bush’s desk for signing.

Hastert took credit for House passage in a 2011 interview, claiming it “wasn’t popular, and there was a lot of fight in the Congress” over it.

Little did Hastert know at the time that the law he helped pass would give federal law enforcement the tools to indict him on charges of violating banking-related reporting requirements more than a decade later.

The Department of Justice on Thursday announced Hastert's indictment for agreeing to pay $3.5 million in hush money to keep someone quiet about his “prior misconduct.” The indictment accuses Hastert of structuring bank withdrawals to avoid bank reporting requirements, and lying to the FBI about the nature of the withdrawals. It does not reveal the “misconduct” that Hastert was trying to conceal. The recipient of the money was a resident of Yorkville, Illinois, where Hastert taught high school and coached wrestling from 1965 to 1981.

The indictment suggests that law enforcement officials relied on the Patriot Act’s expansion of bank reporting requirements to snare Hastert.

Ahhh, irony.

And so, we see yet another Republican embroiled in something illegal.

Yesiree, the GOP: party of high ethics, morals and family values.

Discuss: what do you think will happen to Hastert?

What do you want to discuss? another politician in trouble,or the one sided blinders you wear with pride.now go and make a list of all the Dems that have found themselves in hot water,but a simpleton party hack like yourself,would never ever do something as honest as that.

What you say? Democrats don't commit crimes.

:eusa_shifty:

Uh oh...

:puke:

I was afraid I wouldn't be able to keep that one down...

My prediction is Hastert's guilt will be projected onto Obama.

Ok, it's not my prediction, it's my summary of the responses in this thread.

Obama's not been held responsible for anything he did do, why would you think he'd get it for something someone else did?

I see the resident leftist loons are quickly rushing to judgement.....again!

Hastert may be charged with additional crimes, but so far he is only charged with "structuring" and lying to the FBI.

I'll wait for all the facts to come out.

:thup:
Then blow them off as no big deal. Then vote GOP. Rinse repeat.

Good!

He was Speaker of the House during the G.W. Bush Administration and I despise that gluttonous, arrogant bastard. I hope he is convicted, sent to prison, and dies there.

The bastard pushed through W's spending orgy and punished fiscal conservatives who tried to not go along with it. You get my vote
You were only fiscally conservative when Nancy harry and barrack took over. Fucking tea baggers.

I see the resident leftist loons are quickly rushing to judgement.....again!

Hastert may be charged with additional crimes, but so far he is only charged with "structuring" and lying to the FBI.

I'll wait for all the facts to come out.

:thup:
Then blow them off as no big deal. Then vote GOP. Rinse repeat.

So the only choices are to either assume guilt or "blow {it} off as no big deal." Getting the facts just isn't part of your world, is it? I knew that, just pointing it out again

Obama's not been held responsible for anything he did do, why would you think he'd get it for something someone else did?

Hmm, this thread has nothing to do with Obama, did you miss the point?

Good!

He was Speaker of the House during the G.W. Bush Administration and I despise that gluttonous, arrogant bastard. I hope he is convicted, sent to prison, and dies there.

The bastard pushed through W's spending orgy and punished fiscal conservatives who tried to not go along with it. You get my vote
You were only fiscally conservative when Nancy harry and barrack took over. Fucking tea baggers.

The crap you pull out of your ass stinks, fella. You should keep it in there. Also, I'm not a tea partier, I'm a libertarian. We are way, way worse. They only want to slow down the rate you're gaining weight. We're a crash diet.

Boo...

Hastert is accused of paying hush money to someone from his past. The indictment also makes mention that Hastert used to be a high school teacher and wrestling coach. It is the very first thing mentioned in the indictment.

Before you tards rush in with your stupid, "Gee what's wrong with withdrawing your own money?" idiocy defense, you might want to think about where the dots might lead.
Hastert expected to pay out $3.5 million.

And he lied to the FBI, too.

Betcha Coach Hastert pulled a Jerry Sandusky.

Regards from Rosie
It is not a sure thing that is what he did. We must not state it as fact until more evidence is provided to the public.

The link I provided to the indictment states the $3.5 million and the FBI lie as facts.

My use of 'betcha' indicates where I speculate.

The division between quoted fact and speculation is crystal clear.

Regards from Rosie

Try actually reading my post, Poindexter

Repubs have a perfect circle of denial

Republicans are getting indicted because they are innocent. The charges are because the dem DOJ is criminal but has proof against Repubs

The Obama admin is criminal because they do not have charges brought. They dont have charges because the DOJ is criminal and does not have proof

Therefore:

The DOJ is criminal because Obama is criminal.

Proof: None

Yeah, I read yours and everyone else trying to compare Obama's made up offenses with Hastert's real legal trouble.

Yeah, I read yours and everyone else trying to compare Obama's made up offenses with Hastert's real legal trouble.

Made up?

Here's a tip. You're supposed to sip the kool-aid, not go swimming in it

:wine:

Made up?

That's what I'm talking about, why don't you read the OP and try to figure out why Obama is in this thread at all.

He was extorted 3.5 million to cover up sexual misconduct? That must be a doozy of a sexual misconduct.

We're speculating that it was sexual misconduct. It was described as 'misconduct against the individual' he was paying off.

But yeah, sexual misconduct seems the most likely culprit. And I can only see rape or molestation as being worth that much. For 3.5, maybe both.

He was extorted 3.5 million to cover up sexual misconduct? That must be a doozy of a sexual misconduct.

We're speculating that it was sexual misconduct. It was described as 'misconduct against the individual' he was paying off.

But yeah, sexual misconduct seems the most likely culprit. And I can only see rape or molestation as being worth that much. For 3.5, maybe both.
Just read on the news that the feds are confirming sexual misconduct.

I didn't read the link but assuming Haster is guilty, I'm sure he will be held accountable for his actions (unlike all the tax cheats and other criminals in Obama's cabinet).

Uhuh....

Of course you didn't read the link. I don't expect Righties to even try or make a pretense of actually reading material these days. Must be a knuckledragger thing...
Hey dumbshit, I gave you the benefit of the doubt. I said "assuming he is guilty". What more do you want? I'm not obligated to read your fucking link, ok? I already saw the story. I guess your personal attack was to avoid responding to my comment about Obama's criminal cabinet, huh?

Thank you for proving my point.

Righties can't read, they can't process information, they absolutely can't discern and they can't put together a cogent argument without knuckledragging. All they can do is grunt in between scratching their small balls.

If Obama's cabinet is criminal, why have charges not been filed? Hmmm...

Oh, let me guess: you think the DOJ is criminal, too.

You missed the entire point of the OP, but being a Rightie, I expected that you would.

Righties: too predictable.
BINGO, fucktard! Thank you for proving MY point. Now I'll leave and let this thread die of loneliness. :lol:
Translation: I'm getting my ass handed to me so it is time to run away.

Made up?

That's what I'm talking about, why don't you read the OP and try to figure out why Obama is in this thread at all.

Because he shows that accountability is not actually a standard for you. You don't mean your argument, it's disingenuous

I didn't read the link but assuming Haster is guilty, I'm sure he will be held accountable for his actions (unlike all the tax cheats and other criminals in Obama's cabinet).

Uhuh....

Of course you didn't read the link. I don't expect Righties to even try or make a pretense of actually reading material these days. Must be a knuckledragger thing...
Hey dumbshit, I gave you the benefit of the doubt. I said "assuming he is guilty". What more do you want? I'm not obligated to read your fucking link, ok? I already saw the story. I guess your personal attack was to avoid responding to my comment about Obama's criminal cabinet, huh?

Thank you for proving my point.

Righties can't read, they can't process information, they absolutely can't discern and they can't put together a cogent argument without knuckledragging. All they can do is grunt in between scratching their small balls.

If Obama's cabinet is criminal, why have charges not been filed? Hmmm...

Oh, let me guess: you think the DOJ is criminal, too.

You missed the entire point of the OP, but being a Rightie, I expected that you would.

Righties: too predictable.
BINGO, fucktard! Thank you for proving MY point. Now I'll leave and let this thread die of loneliness. :lol:
Translation: I'm getting my ass handed to me so it is time to run away.

I haven't read the post, so I don't know what side you're on. But people who aren't doing well are the ones who need to declare how well they are doing. People actually doing well let that speak for itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back