Dems to Lose Michigan?

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
The Senate race in Michigan hasn't been on too many radars, but another poll is out showing the Republican candidate Terri Land with a slight lead over Democrat Peters. This is like the fourth one in a row. Obviously, still a lot of time until November, but if I were a Democratic strategist I'd be getting a bit nervous about this. If the Republicans can manage to win this one this could signal a sweep of all the other competitive seats in the Senate up this year, incumbent or not.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2014 - Michigan Senate - Land vs. Peters

Land has more name recognition in Michigan, Gary Peters doesn't have much of a political background at all really.

It's hard to say at this point.

I think this will come to haunt her later on though
In her role as Secretary of State, Land purged thousands of voters from voting rolls based on Voter ID cards being returned as undeliverable. The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) took Michigan to court over the purges. Judge Stephen J. Murphy ruled the purge illegal under the National Voter Registration Act (NVRA) of 1993 and directed Land to reinstate the affected voters

and this is still ongoing

http://www.eclectablog.com/2014/01/...-lynn-land-for-collusion-with-super-pacs.html

Last edited:

Forum List

Back