Dems plot escape from Biden’s poll woes

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Biden and the Dems are doomed

excerpts:

Rep. Jared Golden is facing one of the toughest reelection battles in the country. One thing he says doesn’t keep him up at night, though, is President Joe Biden’s sinking approval rating.

“I really don't care at all. I've got my own approach to doing things,” the Maine Democrat said, adding that he handily outran Biden in Trump country. “What I know about his approval ratings right now versus my own is that I'm outpacing him by about 30 points."

Golden's nonchalance is rare.

Most Democrats are worried that Biden’s flagging polling numbers — with an approval hovering in the low 40s — will lead to a thrashing at the ballot box. With historical headwinds and a GOP-dominated redistricting process already working against them, they fear that unless Biden pulls out of his current slide, Congress will be handed to the Republicans in next year's midterms.

Even the party's own polling has the president in the red. A poll from House Democrats’ campaign arm earlier this month showed the president down in battleground districts across the country, with 52 percent of voters disapproving of the job he’s doing, according to three party members briefed on the data.

But even a favorable Senate map might not be enough. Morning Consult found Biden underwater in the battleground states of Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Nevada and Arizona. Democratic senators are generally running ahead of the president, according to the House Democratic campaign arm's poll — the question is, how much they need to do so in order to win.

Still, some fret that even if they do pass Biden’s marquee agenda item — the $1.7 trillion climate and social policy bill — it won’t bring the big bump at the polls that Democrats are hoping for. House Ways and Means Chair Richard Neal (D-Mass.) advised his party to focus on “seizing credit.”

“The messaging challenge is pretty apparent. When you look at the individual parts of what we’ve done, they’re all not just marginally popular, but they’re wildly popular with the American electorate,” Neal said

Despite the high anxiety, don’t necessarily expect Democrats to run away from the president. Incumbent Sen. Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.) said that while her focus is on legislating at the moment, "the president’s always welcome in New Hampshire.” And an aide to incumbent Sen. Catherine Cortez-Masto (D-Nev.) said she would campaign with him, calling him an “important ally.”

many battleground Democrats privately say they are highly skeptical of that positive spin and are relying on their own tactics to ensure they fend off Republican challengers in next year's toughest-to-defend seats.

“I’d like to see his numbers turn around, just because I think there’s a false narrative in many cases about supply chain shortages, gas prices or whatever,” said vulnerable Rep. Susan Wild (D-Pa.). But, she added, "I care more about my own numbers."

“I honestly believe that in my district, and in many districts, that it’s a mistake to try to tie your election or reelection to any president.”

Dems who don't know what's coming in 2022 and 2024 are just "whistling past the graveyard".

That's why so many are retiring. No sense wasting a ton of money.

Biden and the Dems are doomed

excerpts:

Rep. Jared Golden is facing one of the toughest reelection battles in the country. One thing he says doesn’t keep him up at night, though, is President Joe Biden’s sinking approval rating.

“I really don't care at all. I've got my own approach to doing things,” the Maine Democrat said, adding that he handily outran Biden in Trump country. “What I know about his approval ratings right now versus my own is that I'm outpacing him by about 30 points."

Golden's nonchalance is rare.

Most Democrats are worried that Biden’s flagging polling numbers — with an approval hovering in the low 40s — will lead to a thrashing at the ballot box. With historical headwinds and a GOP-dominated redistricting process already working against them, they fear that unless Biden pulls out of his current slide, Congress will be handed to the Republicans in next year's midterms.

Even the party's own polling has the president in the red. A poll from House Democrats’ campaign arm earlier this month showed the president down in battleground districts across the country, with 52 percent of voters disapproving of the job he’s doing, according to three party members briefed on the data.

But even a favorable Senate map might not be enough. Morning Consult found Biden underwater in the battleground states of Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Nevada and Arizona. Democratic senators are generally running ahead of the president, according to the House Democratic campaign arm's poll — the question is, how much they need to do so in order to win.

Still, some fret that even if they do pass Biden’s marquee agenda item — the $1.7 trillion climate and social policy bill — it won’t bring the big bump at the polls that Democrats are hoping for. House Ways and Means Chair Richard Neal (D-Mass.) advised his party to focus on “seizing credit.”

“The messaging challenge is pretty apparent. When you look at the individual parts of what we’ve done, they’re all not just marginally popular, but they’re wildly popular with the American electorate,” Neal said

Despite the high anxiety, don’t necessarily expect Democrats to run away from the president. Incumbent Sen. Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.) said that while her focus is on legislating at the moment, "the president’s always welcome in New Hampshire.” And an aide to incumbent Sen. Catherine Cortez-Masto (D-Nev.) said she would campaign with him, calling him an “important ally.”

many battleground Democrats privately say they are highly skeptical of that positive spin and are relying on their own tactics to ensure they fend off Republican challengers in next year's toughest-to-defend seats.

“I’d like to see his numbers turn around, just because I think there’s a false narrative in many cases about supply chain shortages, gas prices or whatever,” said vulnerable Rep. Susan Wild (D-Pa.). But, she added, "I care more about my own numbers."

“I honestly believe that in my district, and in many districts, that it’s a mistake to try to tie your election or reelection to any president.”
It ain't over til it's over.

The Presidents party tends to get shellacked during the midterms. It makes little difference whether it’s D or R majority….

Ok then. If the Dems do not lose 80 seats in the House and lose the Senate I get control of your signature line for a month, if they do you get mine.

Seems better than giving away personal information to exchange cash

Ok then. If the Dems do not lose 80 seats in the House and lose the Senate I get control of your signature line for a month, if they do you get mine.

Seems better than giving away personal information to exchange cash
let me rephrase my bet. Republicans will control all 435 seats in the house

You would think that would be the case but the dems have a not so secret weapon.....RINOs.
I'm not seeing how even the RINOs can fuck up the 2022 and 2024 elections??????

In fact, the 2022 and 2024 primaries are the perfect times to get rid of senate RINOs, like Murkowski (2022) and Romney (2024).

Not sure how many House "RINOs" need to be primaried?!

Last edited:
I'm not seeing how even the RINOs can fuck up the 2022 and 2024 elections??????

In fact, the 2022 and 2024 primaries is the perfect time to get rid of senate RINOs, like Murkowski (2022) and Romney (2024).

Not sure how many House "RINOs" need to be primaried?!
I'd love to see Murkowski get primaried but they seem to love her there as she brings home the pork. Remember she won her seat through a write-in campaign when she lost the gop primary the last go-round.

Get better at selling his agenda?

His agenda is the problem. It's the problem of their entire administration. It isn't how it's sold, it's what's being sold.

You can polish a turd and put it in a fancy box but no one is going to buy a turd. And that's what Biden and his administration are, a turd.

I'd love to see Murkowski get primaried but they seem to love her there as she brings home the pork. Remember she won her seat through a write-in campaign when she lost the gop primary the last go-round.
Not sure what "pork" she brought home, Xiden shut down ANWR, so that hits AK pocketbooks.

She also voted with dems for Federal control of AK elections??? That's crazy stupid. She's done.

Not sure what "pork" she brought home, Xiden shut down ANWR, so that hits AK pocketbooks.

She also voted with dems for Federal control of AK elections??? That's crazy stupid. She's done.
Remember, this is AK you are talking about......The damn place should have remained a territory along with HI.

Forum List

Back