Dems gave $27M to children of illegal immigrants – not vets

daveman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2010
On the way to the Dark Tower.
ALBANY— Democrats set aside $27 million in tuition assistance for the children of undocumented immigrants in the new state budget — but wouldn’t add hundreds of thousands of dollars to expand a similar program for kids of deceased and disabled veterans.

Assemblywoman Deborah Glick (D-Manhattan), who chairs the committee, said budget constraints weighed against the program expansion, which she estimated would have cost several hundred thousand dollars.

“We will make every effort to ensure going forward, we have some additional resources allocated to the program so that as an entitlement, it is not falling short of the needs of our military families,” she said.

But State Sen. Robert Ortt (R-Niagara), a sponsor of the measure, said the Assembly’s failure to act sends a distressing signal to military families.

“Assemblywoman Glick should be ashamed of herself,” said Ortt. “We set aside $27 million dollars for college for people that are here illegally… Apparently $2.7 million is all that the families of soldiers who are killed, get. If you’re a child of a fallen solider, you do not rank as high and you know that by the money.”

Do you have a link showing that the military program is underfunded?

Illegals > other people > other not people > ... > Americans > Vets

That's just how it works.

ALBANY— Democrats set aside $27 million in tuition assistance for the children of undocumented immigrants in the new state budget — but wouldn’t add hundreds of thousands of dollars to expand a similar program for kids of deceased and disabled veterans.

Assemblywoman Deborah Glick (D-Manhattan), who chairs the committee, said budget constraints weighed against the program expansion, which she estimated would have cost several hundred thousand dollars.

“We will make every effort to ensure going forward, we have some additional resources allocated to the program so that as an entitlement, it is not falling short of the needs of our military families,” she said.

But State Sen. Robert Ortt (R-Niagara), a sponsor of the measure, said the Assembly’s failure to act sends a distressing signal to military families.

“Assemblywoman Glick should be ashamed of herself,” said Ortt. “We set aside $27 million dollars for college for people that are here illegally… Apparently $2.7 million is all that the families of soldiers who are killed, get. If you’re a child of a fallen solider, you do not rank as high and you know that by the money.”
tRump gave $1,500,000,000,000.00 to wealthy people and corporations, not to veterans.

Did you have some sort of point or were you just feeling like being a hypocrite?

Who gives a fuck, why would we give free tuition to children of illegals? That makes no sense at all.

I didn't give anybody anything and I am not the one who sounded this issue off funding for children of combat KIA, MIA, and disabled. I just asked the question because in the world of government, a couple hundred thousand sounds like pay raises, not spending on beneficiaries.

Do you have a link showing why we're obligated to spend millions on people who are here illegally?

I didn't say we were obligated to spend a dime. I guess you cannot show why the money should have been spent on the other program. Oh well. Pointless thread.

tRump gave $1,500,000,000,000.00 to wealthy people and corporations, not to veterans.

Did you have some sort of point or were you just feeling like being a hypocrite?
Trump gave taxpayers back their own money. You'd have gotten some, too, if you were a productive member of society.

That you feel people's money belongs to the government instead of them speaks to your utter ignorance of economics.

Do you have a link showing why we're obligated to spend millions on people who are here illegally?

I didn't say we were obligated to spend a dime. I guess you cannot show why the money should have been spent on the other program. Oh well. Pointless thread.
I'm sure it comforts you to believe that.

Forum List

Back