Dems, don't let Repubs bamboozle you, America IS a democracy.

Let's vote for the disgrace who blackmailed a foreign leader, tried a coup & got people killed doing so, stole nuclear & other top secret intel & shared that intel with his billionaire pals at MAL & probably elsewhere, raped a woman in a dept. store changing room, committed multiple acts of real estate & bank fraud, conned his supporters out of over $200 million in a "stop the steal" scam, hates Democracy & the Constitution that reigned him in, hates our military & veterans & on & on & on.

The only person who Trump EVER worked for is himself, hypocrite. Trump leaves a scar & a stench on this Country that will take decades to recover from.
I knew you would realize Biden is that corrupt

Let's vote for the disgrace who blackmailed a foreign leader, tried a coup & got people killed doing so, stole nuclear & other top secret intel & shared that intel with his billionaire pals at MAL & probably elsewhere, raped a woman in a dept. store changing room, committed multiple acts of real estate & bank fraud, conned his supporters out of over $200 million in a "stop the steal" scam, hates Democracy & the Constitution that reigned him in, hates our military & veterans & on & on & on.
If you are a Democrat and you are an American (?) you might ask yourself why am I supporting the demise of my country?

North Korea is also a Republic.
/---/ Any country formed and controlled by the USSR with the name Republic in it isn't one. "The Democratic People's Republic of Korea was established in the North on 9 September 1948. Shtykov served as the first Soviet ambassador, while Kim Il Sung became premier." - wikipedia

When the poorly named "Democrats" squeal "TRUMP IS A THREAT TO DEMOCRACY" what they are really saying is he is a threat to their power.
/----/ democRATs hate this country. The love the money they make here, but hate everything else.
1712576470166.png

Ok, I read about half of that, but I get the idea.

First…daily kos…which is just a far left site, of course they are going to believe the country is a democracy…they know they have a statistical majority so they favor “majority rules”. I bet, however, if the repubs had the majority, that article would have been written quite differently.

Now, the cotus says that we are promised a “republican form of government”, article 4 section 4. Now, you are disagreeing with the term “republican”. I’ve always been of the understanding that we have a democratically elected republic, meaning, the “democracy begins and ends at the ballot box”. Our leaders are democratically elected, but operate under a republican form. In other words, we elect people (democratically) and bestow them power to operate on our behalf, but the power ultimately should be with the people (republic).

Now, the left typically wants a majority rule, because obviously that favors them, but, our system of government was set up so that everyone has a say, in the form of the electoral college. I mean, it would seem that the EC was set up to prevent the “majority rule” of a nation. It allows even the small states to have weight, and some input. Otherwise, if we ran on majority rule, every state would be subject to the whims of the majority, even if they don’t live in that state.

Why should all the dems that live in cali and New York have more say about what goes on in a red state, I’ve the people who live in thsg state. With your idea, everyone in the smaller red states would get no representation and would always have to do whatever the majority wants across the country. I call that tyranny.

Also, you have to remember that the federal government was never supposed to operate as it does, which is why we have so many disagreements as to how it should operate. Remember, the cotus specifies specific things the federal government is supposed to do, everything else is supposed to be with the states, and the people. If we stuck to that, there wouldn’t even need to be having this discussion.

The states are supposed to directly elect their leaders to represent those people of that state, but the EC is used to elect the leaders of the nation….in other words, when it comes to who’s going to lead the nation, everyone gets a say, not just the majority.

I know the left would love a true democracy, because that means they would hold power 99% of the time, and the rest of the people would always be under a form of government they disagree with.

Do you think this country would be in a good place if the government was held permanently by democrats?
/----/ Well said. Thank you. This paragraph should shut Rumphole up, but it won't. He's already crafting his nex diatrab.
Now, the cotus says that we are promised a “republican form of government”, article 4 section 4. Now, you are disagreeing with the term “republican”. I’ve always been of the understanding that we have a democratically elected republic, meaning, the “democracy begins and ends at the ballot box”. Our leaders are democratically elected, but operate under a republican form. In other words, we elect people (democratically) and bestow them power to operate on our behalf, but the power ultimately should be with the people (republic).

All the weird fixation over labeling misses the point. It doesn't matter what we call it, what matters is the role that democracy plays in our government. And more importantly, what limits are placed on the power of democracy.

That's really what we're arguing about. Those insisting that America is a democracy, generally want less limits on democratic power, more things decided by majority rule. Those saying it's a republic want more limits on democratic power, less things decided by majority rule.

All the weird fixation over labeling misses the point. It doesn't matter what we call it, what matters is the role that democracy plays in our government. And more importantly, what limits are placed on the power of democracy.

That's really what we're arguing about. Those insisting that America is a democracy, generally want less limits on democratic power, more things decided by majority rule. Those saying it's a republic want more limits on democratic power, less things decided by majority rule.
Show me the word democracy in the constitution?

Forum List

Back