Dems do not wan't the military to vote!!

Why did you ignore the link with a long list of the infractions after this consent decree was entered?

The list is long and not that long ago they sought to have the decree voided but a judge denied them and said it was because they keep breaking the consent decree.

BTW you have yet to post anything proving that the Dems keep any military voters from voting

That is not providing evidence such I have have done is it.

Provide your evidence from that election for your claims

Study: Military Votes Still Vastly Uncounted at Pat Dollard

...Members of the U.S. military and their families who were stationed overseas during the 2010 elections were disfranchised at an alarmingly high rate, according to a new report released [July 12, 2011] by the Military Voter Protection Project.

MVPP surveyed 24 states. Of the 2 million military voters covered by the report, 15.8 percent requested absentee ballots, but only 4.6 percent cast absentee ballots that were counted. This is at least partly due to the difficulty and uncertainty of the process. Both numbers were below the 2006 midterm election figures, when 5.5 percent of military and overseas voters cast absentee ballots that were counted.

MVPP also found that local election officials in 14 states and the District of Columbia failed to comply with the federal requirement that all absentee ballots must be mailed at least 45 days prior to the election. That requirement, imposed by the 2009 Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment Act (MOVE Act), was intended to ensure that voters had enough time to receive and mail back a ballot, given the long transit times for overseas mail, particularly in war zones. These failures affected more than 65,000 voters.

Most of the states did a good job counting the ballots they actually got back — the overall acceptance rate was more than 94 percent. However, there was one glaring and shameful exception: The state of New York rejected nearly one-third of all absentee ballots from military voters. Based on a combined estimate of military members who voted in person in the U.S. as well as overseas voters, MVPP concluded that the overall turnout rate of military voters was 11.6 percent. Since the turnout rate of all voters was 41.6 percent in the 2010 election, this means that military voters were 3.5 times less likely to vote than other voting-age citizens.

One troubling aspect of the MOVE Act was a provision that allowed states to apply for a one-time waiver from the 45-day deadline. Ten states and the District of Columbia applied for a waiver, most of them submitting their applications less than 50 days before the deadline. The Department of Justice never replied to the Defense Department’s request for advice on the waivers, and DOD granted five waivers only three weeks before the deadline. So until very shortly before the election, military voters had no idea when they would receive their ballots.

The report also details other errors and egregious mistakes made by the Justice Department, which is charged with enforcing compliance with these federal requirements. This included telling states like Maryland that they could avoid the need for a waiver by sending a ballot that contained only federal races at least 45 days before the election, even though that meant depriving the military voters of their right to vote in state races. Fortunately, a federal court disagreed with that DOJ advice in a lawsuit filed against Maryland by the MVPP.

New York also got a waiver — and then violated the terms of the waiver, sending out its ballots even later than the date agreed to by DOD and DOJ in a settlement agreement. St. Clair County in Illinois, home to Scott Air Force Base, mailed more than a 1,000 absentee ballots only 16 days before they were due back, insufficient time for the ballots to even arrive at their locations overseas. If directed toward non-military populations, this kind of behavior by election officials would raise howls of outrage and cries of “Jim Crow” from leading civil rights organizations...

and it's not like they didn't have warning:

http://w

ww.digitaljournal.com/article/272565

May 13, 2009 by ■ Raymond Bochman

Senate Report: One Forth Of Military Votes Uncounted in 2008
By Raymond Bochman.

A Senate report, sited by the Associated Press today, seem to indicate that at least one quarter of all military ballots in the 2008 election went uncounted.

...It is believed that voter negligence was not a major factor in the votes not being counted. Representatives from Senator Schumer's office believe this is "...because a person living abroad must request the absentee ballot and show a clear intention to vote..." That "clear intention" to vote diminishes voter negligence as reason for the problem.
The major cause for the disenfranchisement, according to Senator Schumer, was due to "...a chronic problem of military voters being sent a ballot without sufficient time to complete it and send it back. He cited estimates that a ballot can take up to 13 days to reach an overseas voter."

They were originally denied by the voting system in some counties due to improper filing.

True.

The democrats didn’t want the ballots ‘thrown out,’ it had nothing to do with democrats. The ballots were rejected by Florida election officials because ‘they bear an illegible, late or U.S. postmark, or lack a handwritten date.’ Ballots were also rejected if the request for ballot application wasn’t able to be located, making it impossible to verify the signatures.

Florida court considers military absentee ballots - CNN

Consequently the OP is a lie, the accusation false.

The aversion the right has to the facts is remarkable.

They were originally denied by the voting system in some counties due to improper filing.

True.

The democrats didn’t want the ballots ‘thrown out,’ it had nothing to do with democrats. The ballots were rejected by Florida election officials because ‘they bear an illegible, late or U.S. postmark, or lack a handwritten date.’ Ballots were also rejected if the request for ballot application wasn’t able to be located, making it impossible to verify the signatures.

Florida court considers military absentee ballots - CNN

Consequently the OP is a lie, the accusation false.

The aversion the right has to the facts is remarkable.
bull .....but lets just assume it is not a treasonous ethnic lie for a moment....IF IT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED TO AFRO cants YOU WOULD BE CRYING LIKE A BABY:cool:

I get sick and tired of whiney butts saying they are 'disenfranchised' because they had to stand in line to vote or because they didn't understand the ballot or because they didn't have any way to get to the polls or because they didn't register in time or because they didn't apply for an absentee ballot in time or because nobody told them it was the day to go vote.

I grew up at a time when you needed to be registered in a district for two to six weeks before you were eligible to vote. That cut down on a ton of fraud right there. And every time we moved, it was up to me to look up the laws on such matters. Nobody came to me and said here is what you needed to do. I went down to the county clerk's office and registered to vote myself. Nobody came to me with a form to sign. Nobody ever offered to drive me to the polls. Nobody ever showed me how to mark the ballot. If I got to the polls and failed to do my homework and didn't understand the amendment or policy change on the ballot, I didn't blame anybody but myself.

In 1984 and 1988 and 1992, I stood in line several hours to vote in those elections because a) there wren't enough machines and b) one or more of the machines quit working. But I voted. And though we muttered and griped about the inconvenience, I did not feel the least bit disenfranchised.

Geeeee-zuz, I wish Americans would grow up and start taking responsibility for things themselves again. Frankly people too lazy to pick up the phone and request an absentee ballot or get themselves to the polls on election day shouldn't vote. People too dumb to figure out the ballot shouldn't vote. People who don't care enough to go downtown or wherever and register to vote by a specific date shouldn't vote.

And anybody who screws up to deny our enlisted men and women deployed overseas the right to vote should be fired. If they did it on purpose, they should be hung.

Last edited:
I get sick and tired of whiney butts saying they are 'disenfranchised' because they had to stand in line to vote or because they didn't understand the ballot or because they didn't have any way to get to the polls or because they didn't register in time or because they didn't apply for an absentee ballot in time or because nobody told them it was the day to go vote.

I grew up at a time when you needed to be registered in a district for two to six weeks before you were eligible to vote. That cut down on a ton of fraud right there. And every time we moved, it was up to me to look up the laws on such matters. Nobody came to me and said here is what you needed to do. I went down to the county clerk's office and registered to vote myself. Nobody came to me with a form to sign. Nobody ever offered to drive me to the polls. Nobody ever showed me how to mark the ballot. If I got to the polls and failed to do my homework and didn't understand the amendment or policy change on the ballot, I didn't blame anybody but myself.

In 1984 and 1988 and 1992, I stood in line several hours to vote in those elections because a) there wren't enough machines and b) one or more of the machines quit working. But I voted. And though we muttered and griped about the inconvenience, I did not feel the least bit disenfranchised.

Geeeee-zuz, I wish Americans would grow up and start taking responsibility for things themselves again. Frankly people too lazy to pick up the phone and request an absentee ballot or get themselves to the polls on election day shouldn't vote. People too dumb to figure out the ballot shouldn't vote. People who don't care enough to go downtown or wherever and register to vote by a specific date shouldn't vote.

And anybody who screws up to deny our enlisted men and women deployed overseas the right to vote should be fired. If they did it on purpose, they should be hung.
damn right!!the evil anti American left wing machine knows the military vote overwhelmingly conservative !!and they will do anything to impede the the votes of our bravest patriots!!!..................TREASON!!

Obama has given the American military a "winning streak" after 8 long years of failure.

Republicans want to cut military benefits, just like they did Medicare.

I strongly suspect the military is no where near as ignorant as the base of the Republican Party. Especially with all those black and Hispanic soldiers. And Republicans being 90% white and all.

How many of you posting were in the military and if so how many sent in absentee ballots every time there was an election?
How many commands got the ballots to you with enough time for you to mail them by the deadline?

How many times did you have to ask the voting PO/NCO before you got a ballot?

Obama has given the American military a "winning streak" after 8 long years of failure.

Republicans want to cut military benefits, just like they did Medicare.

I strongly suspect the military is no where near as ignorant as the base of the Republican Party. Especially with all those black and Hispanic soldiers. And Republicans being 90% white and all.

Republicans are the ones who help the military. IT was Reagan that gave the military the biggest raise. Every time a democRATS are in office they cut something .. Clinton closed down a bunch of bases . Now Obama wants to cut our benefits that my husband worked hard for. Dems dont think that military deserves a pension. What other job to you have to worry about going to war, missing your child's birth( hubby missed son #2 did not see him for 6 months) Worry about being killed while at war. Moving every 3-4 years. do not get a decent salary until you make it to E6. Anything below that you qualify for food stamps. My husband has not seen a cost of living raise in 2 years but I am sure congress gets one every year and all they do is fuck up the country a little at a time and take how many weeks of vacation a year:cuckoo:

How many of you posting were in the military and if so how many sent in absentee ballots every time there was an election?
How many commands got the ballots to you with enough time for you to mail them by the deadline?

How many times did you have to ask the voting PO/NCO before you got a ballot?

The ONLY time I had problems getting my absentee ballot when I was in the military was when I was stationed in TX and was a declared TX resident and I was registered as a Democrat. (I switched from Republican registration after the 1980 Reagan election. Had no problem getting that ballot as a registered Republican)

Even though they say they love our brave men and women in uniform they want military absentee ballots thrown out in a recount IE....Florida 2000:evil:

Really? Then why is it "liberal" states like California have the most "liberal" laws regarding military ballots?

Not only do military members get their ballots a full 30 days before anyone else, they can get their ballot emailed to them and they can FAX it back.

So, if your premise were true, would "liberal" California do that for it's military voters?

Even though they say they love our brave men and women in uniform they want military absentee ballots thrown out in a recount IE....Florida 2000:evil:

Really? Then why is it "liberal" states like California have the most "liberal" laws regarding military ballots?

Not only do military members get their ballots a full 30 days before anyone else, they can get their ballot emailed to them and they can FAX it back.

So, if your premise were true, would "liberal" California do that for it's military voters?
you are a liar!!name one instance where repubs tried to hamper military votes??their are countless example's of the dems obstructing military voters!!

What do you have to back this claim?
Here she is folks. Dimwits hate the military vote because the majority of votes go republican because military personnel know that libs do not support them. Just look at the last three pres. elections. Absentee ballots from the military was under fire from the left in all three. Idiots!!

Forum List

Back