Dems Dilemma

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Debra Saunders nails the Dems in this article

If only the liberal media would mention these points as they fall all over the Dems was they spin on the campaign trail and the liberal media gives them glowing coverage

Democrats' Dilemma on Iraq
By Debra Saunders

CARSON CITY, Nev. -- A sorta kinda presidential debate in February 2007? At least this beats covering Anna Nicole Smith and undergoing a root canal. Or after 20 months, will the 2008 campaign season feel like a root canal?

Before the event, I thought Illinois Sen. Barack Obama, D-swim trunks, was smart not to show up at the Nevada AFSCME-sponsored Democratic presidential forum here Wednesday. Play a little hard to get and voters may not get so tired of you -- and with that long of a campaign season, people will tire of anyone.

Obama should have shown up. If Obama, who says he would have voted against the war in Iraq, had been here, he would have been able to talk straight to this crowd in a way that senators who voted for the war resolution cannot.

Personally, I don't understand how these candidates -- Sens. Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton and Christopher Dodd, and John Edwards -- can talk with a straight face.

Both Clinton and Edwards made a big deal about taking "responsibility" for their war votes. And how do they take responsibility? By running for the highest office in the land. Go figure

To read the entire article.....
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/02/democrats_dilemma_on_iraq.html

Is Senator Biden still in the race? I would have expected him to drop off after those almost immediate gaffs.... But then I don't particular consider the Senator the smartest cookie in the cookie jar. Or the most humble guy around. And for some reason I dont even think losing big time would teach him those lessons.

Is Senator Biden still in the race? I would have expected him to drop off after those almost immediate gaffs.... But then I don't particular consider the Senator the smartest cookie in the cookie jar. Or the most humble guy around. And for some reason I dont even think losing big time would teach him those lessons.

What gaffs?

According to the Dems and their allies in the liberal media, they were taken out of context.

It ssems anytime a lib opens hsi/her blowhole and says what they really think, it is always taken "out of context"

Forum List

Back