Democrats want Republicans to publicly reprimand one of their own. Will they?

Do Republicans live in fear to reprimand people like Representative Steve King (Iowa GOP)?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Not sure

• What is this about and who is King?

• Total voters

JBvM

VIP Member
Jun 7, 2018
... ... ...
Do Republicans live in fear to reprimand people like Representative Steve King (Iowa GOP)?

a snippet:

By Trip Gabriel, Jonathan Martin and Nicholas Fandos

House Republican leaders removed Representative Steve King of Iowa from the Judiciary and Agriculture Committees...comments Mr. King made to The New York Times questioning why white supremacy is considered offensive.

The punishment came on a day when Mr. King was denounced by an array of Republican leaders, though not President Trump. The Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell, suggested Mr. King find “another line of work” and Senator Mitt Romney said he should quit. And the House Republicans, in an attempt to be proactive, stripped him of the committee seats in the face of multiple Democratic resolutions to censure Mr. King that are being introduced this week.

Those measures would force Republicans to take a stand on the House Democratic majority’s attempt to publicly reprimand one of their own.

Mr. King, who has been an ally of President Trump on the border wall and other issues, has a long history of making racist remarks and insults about immigrants, but has not drawn rebukes from Republican leaders until recently. In November, top Iowa Republicans like Senator Charles E. Grassley endorsed Mr. King for re-election even after one House Republican official came out and denounced him as a white supremacist.

Steve King Removed From Committee Assignments Over White Supremacy Remark

I'm truly curious what others think. Do Republicans live in fear to reprimand people like Representative Steve King (Iowa GOP)?

Steve King did nothing wrong.
really?

The push to condemn Mr. King illustrated how alarmed senior Republicans are about the party’s image just two months after they lost 40 House seats, most of them in suburban or diverse districts — including seven in Mr. McCarthy’s home state of California, where the G.O.P. is on the brink of extinction.

Not sure you're living in the real world, outside of any partisan or ideological bubble Steve King Removed From Committee Assignments Over White Supremacy Remark

The push to condemn Mr. King illustrated how alarmed senior Republicans are about the party’s image just two months after they lost 40 House seats, most of them in suburban or diverse districts — including seven in Mr. McCarthy’s home state of California, where the G.O.P. is on the brink of extinction.

The condemnations of Mr. King stood in stark contrast to the lawmakers’ willingness to tolerate President Trump’s frequent offensive and insensitive remarks about migrants, black people, Native Americans and other minorities.

Just last week, the president used the Oval Office to unleash a blistering assault on undocumented immigrants, portraying them as criminals in a fashion that harked back to an earlier era of American politics but rarely heard from a president in modern times. And on Sunday night, Mr. Trump invoked the Wounded Knee massacre of hundreds of Native Americans as an attempt to joke about Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts.

“I’m glad that they are finally taking action after all of these years of Steve King slandering immigrants and Hispanics, but the president of the United States is also doing that and he just said something about Elizabeth Warren a few evenings ago that was also racially ugly and we haven’t heard a word of condemnation from anyone in the Republican Party about that,” said Representative Joaquin Castro, Democrat of Texas.

Steve King Removed From Committee Assignments Over White Supremacy Remark

really?

Not sure you're living in the real world, outside of any partisan or ideological bubble Steve King Removed From Committee Assignments Over White Supremacy Remark

It's nothing more than Republicans' fear of media. If they don't figure out how to street-fight back, they're not long for this political world.

more like fear of being voted out after clearly demonstrating how DEPLORABLE their agenda really is.

I thing the gop stripped King of all his committees, which also removed all his seniority. The only power he has left is just his single vote. I don't see what further discipline is warranted. the district in Iowa should live in shame for electing this guy all these years and again last year. But unless he actually commits a crime, I think his existence in the House is up to the voters ..... may they choke on the pig shit and see their kids abandon them

upload_2019-1-15_13-35-36.jpeg

really?

Really. You bastards are destroying free speech.

really?

Really. You bastards are destroying free speech.
really? free speech and jobs?

what about all those lefty commie professors?

I thing the gop stripped King of all his committees, which also removed all his seniority. The only power he has left is just his single vote. I don't see what further discipline is warranted. the district in Iowa should live in shame for electing this guy all these years and again last year. But unless he actually commits a crime, I think his existence in the House is up to the voters ..... may they choke on the pig shit and see their kids abandon them
censor

to be censored

censor

to be censored
yeah he was censored. The House could have expelled him, but they didn't, at least yet

censor

to be censored
yeah he was censored. The House could have expelled him, but they didn't, at least yet
the House voted to censor King? any link to that?

The Dem witch trials continue. Who will they attempt to burn at the stake next week? When will the dumb ass GOP stop accepting invitations from the fake news? The fake news has one goal, GOTCHA.

Forum List

Back