Democrats: the more people know about government run healthcare, the less they like

Why the hurry? Here's why.

Why the Health Care Rush? - WSJ.com

Democrats have so far succeeded in conjuring an illusion of political inevitability, which has kept industry groups in line lest they be shut out of the negotiations. But once the policy details of Mr. Obama's new foundation are poured -- above all for a public insurance program run by the government that will run private carriers out of the market and eventually fix medical prices -- even shell-shocked CEOs might stir up their courage to resist. Democrats are of course acutely aware of how industry opposition chewed through HillaryCare in 1994.

The reality is that Democrats are contemplating the most sweeping restructuring of the health markets since Medicare in 1965, and they don't want to let the details slow them down. Or to be more precise, they don't want to let the details let others slow them down. Better to grab what they will portray as a major domestic achievement while President Obama is at the height of his popularity and before anyone understands what it will mean in practice. The consequences and the cost can be explained later.

Good. I hope that we completely run the present Health Care Parasites right out of business. We spend twice as much for a health care system that leaves out 50 million or so of us, and delivers care inferior to that in the European and Asian industrialized nations.

The government of the United States has no damned business targeting legal businesses and running them out of business. What part of that don't you understand?

The parasites are in government, and want to make your healthcare decisions.

Republicans are fighting the good fight, against creation of yet another new government healthcare benefit, designed to destroy private health care, something half the Democrats lie through their teeth about, and the other half freely admit.

GOP Senators Say Bipartisan Health Deal in Jeopardy - Political News - FOXNews.com

A public plan that would compete with private insurers is opposed by nearly all Republicans. Obama long has supported it, but he had avoided going into detail about his health goals, leaving the specifics to Congress and emphasizing hopes for a bipartisan bill.

That changed when Obama released a letter Wednesday to two Senate Democrats saying he believed strongly in the need for a new public plan.

Democrats have so far succeeded in conjuring an illusion of political inevitability, which has kept industry groups in line lest they be shut out of the negotiations. But once the policy details of Mr. Obama's new foundation are poured -- above all for a public insurance program run by the government that will run private carriers out of the market and eventually fix medical prices -- even shell-shocked CEOs might stir up their courage to resist. Democrats are of course acutely aware of how industry opposition chewed through HillaryCare in 1994.

The reality is that Democrats are contemplating the most sweeping restructuring of the health markets since Medicare in 1965, and they don't want to let the details slow them down. Or to be more precise, they don't want to let the details let others slow them down. Better to grab what they will portray as a major domestic achievement while President Obama is at the height of his popularity and before anyone understands what it will mean in practice. The consequences and the cost can be explained later.

Good. I hope that we completely run the present Health Care Parasites right out of business. We spend twice as much for a health care system that leaves out 50 million or so of us, and delivers care inferior to that in the European and Asian industrialized nations.

The healthcare giants have gotten to enough Dems that it is going to be very difficult to solve this problem. ESPECIALLY because right wing voters won't help us solve this or any other problem we have.

Think about every problem we have right now. The bankers, the corporations going overseas, oil companies gouging us, healthcare, the wars, global warming. On every issue, the righties in this country favor the status quo.

See how things work when they join us? Bush tried to sell a port to dubai and they joined us in stopping that. Or they joined us in kicking illegals out so congress passed a bill. It was a shitty bill, but at least they did something.

So when right wing voters defend out of control for profit healthcare, there is nothing we can do. And they'll blame Obama.

If you want a government that exists to assault private enterprise, move to Venezuela, pal.

If you want a government that exists to assault private enterprise, move to Venezuela, pal.

A New York Times/CBS News poll released last week shows, yet again, that the majority of Americans support national health insurance.

The poll, which compares answers to the same questions from 30 years ago, finds that, “59% [of Americans] say the government should provide national health insurance, including 49% who say such insurance should cover all medical problems.”

Only 32% think that insurance should be left to private enterprise.

Another Poll Shows Majority Support for Single-Payer | Healthcare-NOW!

People are being lied to and told someone else will pay for their healthcare.

No, we'll all pay some. And it'll be less than it is now.

Rich people have better healthcare than you. Your healthcare sucks. Wake up.

No amount of information is going to change your mind. So you can keep your healthcare and we'll opt for the public plan.

It'll lower your cost too, because your for profit provider will have to compete.

Trust me, you'll join too.

How many of them want government rationing their healthcare?

Why would they have to ration it? Will we not have enough doctors? That is a problem we are having now with your capitalism/free market/for profit healthcare.

And talk about rationing. What do you consider insurers denying coverage to people because they are not in the business of helping people. They are in the business of making money.

The more they deny you care, the more they make. Wake up!!!

I think we should wait awhile and see how well the dumb democwats and the uaw can run a car company (which they shit all over everybody to steal) before we let them run health care!

I think we should wait awhile and see how well the dumb democwats and the uaw can run a car company (which they shit all over everybody to steal) before we let them run health care!

They already run healthcare. Well too. You just can't have it. You have to get fucked by the for profits. Look at McCain's healthcare plan. Its great. And my grandmothers is pretty good too.

Last edited:

They already run healthcare. Well too. You just can't have it. You have to get fucked by the for profits. Look at McCain's healthcare plan. Its great. And my grandmothers is pretty good too.

they run it well? is that what ya said????? last I read it was nearly bankrupt you got something different than that to show me???? welldoyahuh??

How many of them want government rationing their healthcare?

Why would they have to ration it? Will we not have enough doctors? That is a problem we are having now with your capitalism/free market/for profit healthcare.

And talk about rationing. What do you consider insurers denying coverage to people because they are not in the business of helping people. They are in the business of making money.

The more they deny you care, the more they make. Wake up!!!

Healthcare providers will be eliminated in the name of cost cutting. And drones like you will applaud that. The government will have no more reluctance doing this than they did downsizing auto manufacturers and closing dealers in the name of SAVING THEM.

You can buy healthcare from anyone you want now. Nobody will deny you anyting you want to pay for. It won't work that way when government runs it. You know that.

How many of them want higher taxes and trillions more in government debt to do it?

If I can get rid of my $1200 a month healthcare costs and my taxes go up $300, sure, go for it!!!! And they won't deny me healthcare?

We'll save money.

Bobo according to some on the other thread about NAT.HEALTH CARE....and these people are very much for it,it seems anyway,....they claim that they CAN and VERY LIKELY WILL deny health care for certain diseases....the disease apparently has to be an "AFFORDABLE DISEASE".....so for these poor folkes....nothing will change.....what say you?

YES!!....i got my 13 bucks.....but i had to give it to the State of California....plus some....so.....BIG FUCKING DEAL.....oh im sorry....am i supposed to be excited?

Not you, but $13.00 a week, or $52 a month, probably pays somebody's phone bill.

yeah undoubtably.....unless they live in California.....the legislature out here,fighting for the poor guys they tell us,are in the process of FUCKING THE WHOLLY SHIT out of people already having a rough time.....but hey....life is good...:eusa_eh:

I can't figure out the people in CA these days. They rejected an increase in taxes to pay for some of the overruns, then when the only other option was to cut programs that caused the overruns, they protested in the streets. Is anyone living there anymore an adult? It's either or, people. (Not talking about you, personally.)

Not that this has a thing to do with their current budget problems, but I've always thought California needed to be divided, even when I lived there 35 years ago. People living in the vast agricultural and mountainous regions of Northern California don't have the same interests as the sprawling urban areas of Southern California.

Please post some quotes from Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin, John McCain, General David Patreus, and Newt Gingrich where they complained about how horrible the government financed healthcare they received was.

I'll check back.

And if you can't find any quotes of them denouncing their horrible government healthcare, I'm going to assume all those gentlemen and lady were pretty happy with their tax payer financed healthcare.

And I'm also going to assume you are a tool who thinks only what the wall street journal editorial page orders you to think.

Forum List

Back