Democrats still ignoring people who could have helped them defeat Trump, Ohio party leaders say

They didn't. This is a myth you stupid people believe. Only 13% of the manufacturing jobs lost were lost to outsourcing. Trump has convinced dumb racists like you that brown people fucked you when it was rich people.

And you stupid White Trash shits keep believing it.

As overseas outsourcing has expanded, U.S. manufacturing has suffered the brunt of the blow. According to a report on outsourcing by Working America, “Manufacturing employment collapsed from a high of 19.5 million workers in June 1979 to 11.5 workers in December 2009, a drop of 8 million workers over 30 years. Between August 2000 and February 2004, manufacturing jobs were lost for a stunning 43 consecutive months—the longest such stretch since the Great Depression.” Manufacturing plants have also declined sharply in the last decade, shrinking by more than 51,000 plants, or 12.5 percent, between 1998 and 2008. These stable, middle-class jobs have been the driving force of the U.S. economy for decades and theses losses have done considerable damage to communities across the country.

Labor costs are the main driver of corporations sending jobs overseas, but foreign countries’ costs are increasing compared to the United States. According to a 2012 survey from Duke’s Fuqua School of business, nearly three-quarters of respondents indicated labor cost savings as one of the three most important drivers leading to overseas outsourcing.

Real hourly wages have declined since the 1970's, and Union membership has also declined since the 1970's/

So, it seems that Capitalist myths of wages being too high, and Unions being too strong are not so.

These Capitalists just want to maximize their profits at all costs, they don't care about our nation.

It was not a myth at all. Wages did go too high and unions were too strong. What they did is create a wage bubble. It was no different than the tech bubble or housing bubble; all bubbles burst.

During the housing bubble, rich people kept buying more and more properties. During the tech bubble, people kept buying more and more internet sites and starting companies. Nobody wants to face reality that good times never last forever.

That's the same thing that happened in the big union days.

But, between the 1970's - 2000's wages went down quite a bit, and union membership went down significantly.

Yet, all we saw was even more jobs outsourced as wages, and Union memberships went down.

Percentage of businesses unionized peaked in 1954, union enrollment peaked in 79. The numbers are misleading as private sector unions were losing members in the 60's, about that time public unions got stronger.

What union do you belong to? Do you buy only union made product? Do you shop only at union stores?

Union membership declined quite heavily by the 2000's, yet there was a steep upswing in outsourced jobs in the 2000's, and also a steep upswing in the 2000's of hiring illegal immigrants.

So, how could Unions be the problem?

I don't belong to a Union, I work at a local Pet feed store.

Yeah I know, you on the left have been telling us that throughout the DumBama administration. With the exception of his reelection (because people liked him on a personal basis) you've been wrong the last eight years on all your other predictions.

Well, not really.
2008 - Obama Won by the biggest vote total ever.
2010- Republicans took the house but FAILED to take the Senate, mostly because they ran nuts who believed in witchcraft.
2012- Democrats made gains in the house and senate, and Obama won again. Only held the house because of Gerrymandering.
2014 - Republicans took back the Senate mostly because all those red state Democrats who got elected on Obama's coattails in 2008.
2016- Republicans lost the popular vote, 6 seats in the House and 2 seats in the Senate. Oh, yeah, and the Cubs won the World Series.

This is NOT a winning record for you guys. But it's going to be a bloodbath for you in 2018.

I thought the bloodbath was 2014? Wait it was 2016, Democrats would sweep majority in the house, senate and presidency. I hear about these every two years, yet I you people keep lying.

As overseas outsourcing has expanded, U.S. manufacturing has suffered the brunt of the blow. According to a report on outsourcing by Working America, “Manufacturing employment collapsed from a high of 19.5 million workers in June 1979 to 11.5 workers in December 2009, a drop of 8 million workers over 30 years. Between August 2000 and February 2004, manufacturing jobs were lost for a stunning 43 consecutive months—the longest such stretch since the Great Depression.” Manufacturing plants have also declined sharply in the last decade, shrinking by more than 51,000 plants, or 12.5 percent, between 1998 and 2008. These stable, middle-class jobs have been the driving force of the U.S. economy for decades and theses losses have done considerable damage to communities across the country.

Labor costs are the main driver of corporations sending jobs overseas, but foreign countries’ costs are increasing compared to the United States. According to a 2012 survey from Duke’s Fuqua School of business, nearly three-quarters of respondents indicated labor cost savings as one of the three most important drivers leading to overseas outsourcing.

Real hourly wages have declined since the 1970's, and Union membership has also declined since the 1970's/

So, it seems that Capitalist myths of wages being too high, and Unions being too strong are not so.

These Capitalists just want to maximize their profits at all costs, they don't care about our nation.

It was not a myth at all. Wages did go too high and unions were too strong. What they did is create a wage bubble. It was no different than the tech bubble or housing bubble; all bubbles burst.

During the housing bubble, rich people kept buying more and more properties. During the tech bubble, people kept buying more and more internet sites and starting companies. Nobody wants to face reality that good times never last forever.

That's the same thing that happened in the big union days.

But, between the 1970's - 2000's wages went down quite a bit, and union membership went down significantly.

Yet, all we saw was even more jobs outsourced as wages, and Union memberships went down.

Percentage of businesses unionized peaked in 1954, union enrollment peaked in 79. The numbers are misleading as private sector unions were losing members in the 60's, about that time public unions got stronger.

What union do you belong to? Do you buy only union made product? Do you shop only at union stores?

Union membership declined quite heavily by the 2000's, yet there was a steep upswing in outsourced jobs in the 2000's, and also a steep upswing in the 2000's of hiring illegal immigrants.

So, how could Unions be the problem?

I don't belong to a Union, I work at a local Pet feed store.

Unionize, Get a union going at work! Push for it, you have a right!

Now, go ahead and give an excuse why you don't want to be in a union and why you don't buy union goods or shop a union stores. It seems those that cry about union have the excuses why they don't join one, buy union products, shop at union stores and don't support unions financially.

I'm sure that you can take solace in that when you have a serious illness and can't get health coverage. He made his mom happy for a week.

But you keep blaming the black guy, stupid.

You know what stupid is? Thinking that the cost of a European vacation is about the same as providing health coverage for about a dozen people; that's stupid.

If you understood anything about business, you'd realize the owner gets a paycheck just like his employees, from the same company that processes our paychecks.

Yes, you are stupid, if you think that they are attacking us for any other reason than we attacked them first.

Really? When did Bush or Clinton attack Bin Laden?

The idea of having a well armed ready to go military is a deterrent to those that want to try and F with us. But you libs want electric cars instead, and you call me stupid.

As for 2018? You've got mostly Democratic incumbents defending seats in the House and Senate. They are at risk far more than Republicans who are running for reelection because most of them are in solidly Republican districts. Democrats will be doing well not to lose more seats to the GOP.

great points mostly

except, the House turns over 100% every time

I have said this a few times on this forum, most likely outcome for 2018 is we (Republicans) pick up 3 - 6 seats in the Senate & lose between 8 - 18 in the House

My guess is we pick up 3 in the Senate & lose 12 in the House

But if I am correct (and I probably am) - that strengthens Trump's hand for the 2nd half of his 1st term

bonus prediction - we WILL get some kind of tax cuts, personal & corporate & they WILL help the economy & more importantly, average working folks' bottom line. This will cause Trump to win a 2nd term if he decides to run (or assure a Pence presidency if Trump decides to step down)

I concur with your estimates except on one thing. If the Democrats continue to be run by the far left wing of the Party...you're not going to get the same type of moderates running that the Democrats had back in 2008 when they took control of the House. That was Rahm Emanuel running the DNC and pushing hard for moderate candidates to run against Republicans in normally conservative States. Quite frankly, I don't see anyone that politically savvy running things for the Democrats at the moment. They seem to think that opposing Trump and running far left candidates are the recipe for taking back political control of Congress. I think they're ignoring the message that blue collar voters and independents sent them in the last election. If they don't run moderates...then they don't have a prayer of winning back the seats they lost in 2010.

I thought the bloodbath was 2014? Wait it was 2016, Democrats would sweep majority in the house, senate and presidency. I hear about these every two years, yet I you people keep lying.

Maybe if you could construct a sentence in English.

Of course, when you have the Russians hacking our elections, it's almost not worth having them.. but I bet even the Russians are disappointed with Trump.

Of course, when you have the Russians hacking our elections, it's almost not worth having them.. but I bet even the Russians are disappointed with Trump.

Wait! The Democrats won in 2016! The took the House, the Senate and the Presidency! Leftwing nuts told us they would! I like your predictions! Keep up the good work!

You know what stupid is? Thinking that the cost of a European vacation is about the same as providing health coverage for about a dozen people; that's stupid.

If you understood anything about business, you'd realize the owner gets a paycheck just like his employees, from the same company that processes our paychecks.

He's living large, and you can't see a doctor. But keep blaming the black guy.

Really? When did Bush or Clinton attack Bin Laden?

Clinton attacked Bin Laden in 1998. Republicans claimed he was "Wagging the dog"... but that's not the point.

Bin Laden was only a factor because thousands of Muslims, outraged by our policies like supporting the Zionist Entity and starving Iraqi Children, were willing to follow him.

The idea of having a well armed ready to go military is a deterrent to those that want to try and F with us. But you libs want electric cars instead, and you call me stupid.

Yeah, guy, I call you stupid. Here's the thing, we didn't have an issue with the Middle East until we started fucking with them. It started in 1973, when we decided we just had to save the Zionists from getting pushed into the sea. We've been fucking that hornet's nest ever since, complaining about getting stung.

Now imagine if after the First Oil Shock, instead of doubling and tripling down on arming one faction of assholes that would eventually turn on us, we took that money and invested it in alternative energy and electric cars.

Oh, they'd still have oil. But that oil wouldn't be worth even taking out of the ground, much less giving them billions so people like Saddam and Bin Laden could buy weapons and cause trouble. (Weapons that we were happy to sell them, I might add.)

Yes, you are stupid. But it's okay, it's not like you were ever going to join the military. Let some poor kid do that.

Clinton attacked Bin Laden in 1998. Republicans claimed he was "Wagging the dog"... but that's not the point.

Bin Laden was only a factor because thousands of Muslims, outraged by our policies like supporting the Zionist Entity and starving Iraqi Children, were willing to follow him.

Saddam starved his own children. He refused to negotiate with the US and we had every right to put pressure on him.

Clinton attacked Bin Laden in 98. I guess you were unaware of Bin Laden's first attempt to take down the towers in the early 90's.

To them, America is the great Satan; not because of anything we were doing to them, but because we don't subscribe to their religion. They hate the free world and we are the leader of that free world. They hate we have choice in religion, sexual freedom, freedom of speech, freedom of dress, and most of all a strong organized military.

Yeah, guy, I call you stupid. Here's the thing, we didn't have an issue with the Middle East until we started fucking with them. It started in 1973, when we decided we just had to save the Zionists from getting pushed into the sea. We've been fucking that hornet's nest ever since, complaining about getting stung.

Now imagine if after the First Oil Shock, instead of doubling and tripling down on arming one faction of assholes that would eventually turn on us, we took that money and invested it in alternative energy and electric cars.

Oh, they'd still have oil. But that oil wouldn't be worth even taking out of the ground, much less giving them billions so people like Saddam and Bin Laden could buy weapons and cause trouble. (Weapons that we were happy to sell them, I might add.)

Yes, you are stupid. But it's okay, it's not like you were ever going to join the military. Let some poor kid do that.

Oil sells itself. Nobody needs to sell oil because it's a product everybody wants. After the first oil shock we didn't even have electric golf carts that ran for any length of time. And what do you suppose they use to create electricity anyway--hamsters in wheels?

For crying out loud, even today when it gets too hot outside, governments and electric companies ask people to not use too much electricity so they don't end up with a rolling blackout. Now you think using even more to drive cars around won't cause a problem?

And BTW, what kind of all electric car do you drive anyway?

So how did they hack the election, and where is your proof of your claim?

So how did they hack the election, and where is your proof of your claim?

He has nothing, just what he wants to pretend happened.

Saddam starved his own children. He refused to negotiate with the US and we had every right to put pressure on him.

That's not true, either. Saddam fully complied with sanctions after the Gulf War, but the west kept the sanctions on Iraq anyway.

Clinton attacked Bin Laden in 98. I guess you were unaware of Bin Laden's first attempt to take down the towers in the early 90's.

NOt really. The guys who attacked the tower in 1993 were all arrested and prosecuted... Their links to Bin Laden were tenuous, at best.

To them, America is the great Satan; not because of anything we were doing to them, but because we don't subscribe to their religion. They hate the free world and we are the leader of that free world. They hate we have choice in religion, sexual freedom, freedom of speech, freedom of dress, and most of all a strong organized military.

Guy, you need to stop buying into mindless propaganda. If space Aliens came down tomorrow and did to AMerica what America does to the Middle East, you'd be resorting to terrorism, too. It's time to cut the bullshit and start seriously looking at how our own policies create this mess. Or we can just fight the war on an emotional state for another 16 years...

Oil sells itself. Nobody needs to sell oil because it's a product everybody wants. After the first oil shock we didn't even have electric golf carts that ran for any length of time. And what do you suppose they use to create electricity anyway--hamsters in wheels?

Actually, you need to educate yourself.

Timeline: History of the Electric Car . NOW on PBS

They had electric cars as far back as 1900. They also had electric cars in the 1970's.

For crying out loud, even today when it gets too hot outside, governments and electric companies ask people to not use too much electricity so they don't end up with a rolling blackout. Now you think using even more to drive cars around won't cause a problem?

Not really. You see, most people aren't driving for more than half an hour a day. Also, if we invested in energy infrastructure, you know, instead of expensive missile

QU Poll Release Detail

American voters believe 53 - 39 percent that the Russian government interfered with the 2016 presidential election and support 56 - 30 percent the sanctions imposed on Russia by the Obama Administration, according to a Quinnipiac University national poll released today. In fact, 76 percent of those who support existing sanctions want tougher sanctions.

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

NOt to worry, after Trump fucks up everything, even you assholes who voted for him will be blaming the Russians.

"Not me. Must have been those damned Russians!"

QU Poll Release Detail

American voters believe 53 - 39 percent that the Russian government interfered with the 2016 presidential election and support 56 - 30 percent the sanctions imposed on Russia by the Obama Administration, according to a Quinnipiac University national poll released today. In fact, 76 percent of those who support existing sanctions want tougher sanctions.

NOt to worry, after Trump fucks up everything, even you assholes who voted for him will be blaming the Russians.

Polls believe...not facts, just opinions. I didn't vote for Trump, he is a bull in a China shop. Russia needs sanctions for their human rights violations. I don't like the Russians, Putin is dangerous and not trustworthy.

No proof of Benghazi , no proof with the Russians, give me proof instead of opinion polls.

QU Poll Release Detail

So? what people "think" is proof of anything?

That's not true, either. Saddam fully complied with sanctions after the Gulf War, but the west kept the sanctions on Iraq anyway.

Bull. He didn't allow inspections in certain buildings and areas the UN inspectors wanted to see. He violated the no-fly zone dozens of times. That's why your Bill Clinton shot rockets at the SOB.

NOt really. The guys who attacked the tower in 1993 were all arrested and prosecuted... Their links to Bin Laden were tenuous, at best.

Right, they just acted on their own. Bin Laden has been a pain in our ass nearly as long as Saddam.

Guy, you need to stop buying into mindless propaganda. If space Aliens came down tomorrow and did to AMerica what America does to the Middle East, you'd be resorting to terrorism, too. It's time to cut the bullshit and start seriously looking at how our own policies create this mess. Or we can just fight the war on an emotional state for another 16 years...

So what did we do so bad to the middle-east? We made oil deals with leaders of their countries. Some of their people weren't crazy about it, but they didn't revolt against their leaders--the chose to attack us. Why do you suppose Bin Laden had it out so much for the US? He got so radical even Saudi Arabia kicked his ass out of there.

They had electric cars as far back as 1900. They also had electric cars in the 1970's.

And they weren't worth shit either.

Not really. You see, most people aren't driving for more than half an hour a day. Also, if we invested in energy infrastructure, you know, instead of expensive missile

Right. They only go to work and nowhere else, and everybody lives 15 minutes away from their employment.

So we invest billions of dollars for electrical grid updates, double our electric bills or more, all because you want to drive around in an electric car; electricity made with oil products and coal, and then feel good about yourself.

I see you failed to answer my question, so one more time: What electric car do YOU drive around? What did your solar panels on your roof cost you? Or do you have oil produced shingles like everybody else?

Bull. He didn't allow inspections in certain buildings and areas the UN inspectors wanted to see. He violated the no-fly zone dozens of times. That's why your Bill Clinton shot rockets at the SOB.

I thought he was wagging the dog. Point was, there was no real good reason to have a decade of sanctions.

Right, they just acted on their own. Bin Laden has been a pain in our ass nearly as long as Saddam.

Except we didn't prove that in a court, did we?

So what did we do so bad to the middle-east? We made oil deals with leaders of their countries. Some of their people weren't crazy about it, but they didn't revolt against their leaders--the chose to attack us. Why do you suppose Bin Laden had it out so much for the US? He got so radical even Saudi Arabia kicked his ass out of there.

YOu mean when they weren't quietly funding him? And that's the problem... we keep making alliances with these people with their own agendas who turn on us.

Right. They only go to work and nowhere else, and everybody lives 15 minutes away from their employment.

So we invest billions of dollars for electrical grid updates, double our electric bills or more, all because you want to drive around in an electric car; electricity made with oil products and coal, and then feel good about yourself.

More like, it would be better for the planet, release less CO2, and would make us less dependent on foreign oil.

I see you failed to answer my question, so one more time: What electric car do YOU drive around? What did your solar panels on your roof cost you? Or do you have oil produced shingles like everybody else?

Again, can't buy products the Oil companies keep off the market.

There's a film you should watch, "Who Killed the Electric Car", which shows how the Oil and Auto industries conspired to kill the EV-1, a practical electric car developed in the 1980's.

I thought he was wagging the dog. Point was, there was no real good reason to have a decade of sanctions.

Violating a UN treaty is good enough reason.

Except we didn't prove that in a court, did we?

We didn't prove 911 in court either, yet we killed Bin Laden.

YOu mean when they weren't quietly funding him? And that's the problem... we keep making alliances with these people with their own agendas who turn on us.

Yes they do, but the intent is to fund them to keep us out of war which is what you liberals cry about.

More like, it would be better for the planet, release less CO2, and would make us less dependent on foreign oil.

We already did that with fracking which you liberals are totally against. How is burning coal and oil to make electricity better for the planet? It's nothing but a feel good measure.

There's a film you should watch, "Who Killed the Electric Car", which shows how the Oil and Auto industries conspired to kill the EV-1, a practical electric car developed in the 1980's.

What a poor excuse. There are several models of electric cars today. So again, which model(s) do you own?

The fact is you didn't do anything to reduce your carbon footprint. You're no less of a hypocrite than Al Gore who flies around on private jet planes and drives SUV's, or Nancy Piglosi who used our tax dollars to not only build her a new private jet, but fly back and forth across the country throwing parties on the plane and even letting her family use it when she wasn't even on the damn thing. She was too good to take commercial airlines.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame you for not making bad investments in alternative energy, but don't expect the rest of the country to because that's what you'd like to see. Charity starts at home.

Violating a UN treaty is good enough reason.

Why haven't we attacked Israel yet, then? Israel has violated tons of UN Resolutions?

Yes they do, but the intent is to fund them to keep us out of war which is what you liberals cry about.

Uh, guy, get a fucking clue. We funded Bin Laden because the Russians were in Afghanistan. Wasn't really our problem, but Ronnie Ray-gun wanted to show those commies. And Bin Laden was the guy who brought down the Twin Towers. Not the Russians. (They just brought down American Democracy, but never mind.)

We already did that with fracking which you liberals are totally against. How is burning coal and oil to make electricity better for the planet? It's nothing but a feel good measure.

first, power plants use less fossil fuels than cars do. second, there are cleaner alternatives to coal and oil- Nuclear, Natural Gas, Hydro-electric, wind, solar, etc.

Second, Fracking is really bad for the environment, and only makes sense if oil is expensive. The Saudis pump up production, fracking becomes a waste of time.

What a poor excuse. There are several models of electric cars today. So again, which model(s) do you own?

Because there's not an infrastructure to support them. Even if I could afford an electric car, I have no way of plugging it in, no way of pulling over somewhere to recharge it because recharging stations aren't on every corner like gas stations.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame you for not making bad investments in alternative energy, but don't expect the rest of the country to because that's what you'd like to see. Charity starts at home.

No, i can only work in the system that exists, and Big Oil invests billions to keep their system in place. But don't worry, keep driving your big SUV, some poor black kid will die in the Middle East to keep it filled for you

Why haven't we attacked Israel yet, then? Israel has violated tons of UN Resolutions?

Such as?

Uh, guy, get a fucking clue. We funded Bin Laden because the Russians were in Afghanistan. Wasn't really our problem, but Ronnie Ray-gun wanted to show those commies. And Bin Laden was the guy who brought down the Twin Towers. Not the Russians. (They just brought down American Democracy, but never mind.)

We were under threat of Soviet nukes for many years. And yes, Reagan (and others) found it best to arm our enemies enemy instead of US involvement.

first, power plants use less fossil fuels than cars do. second, there are cleaner alternatives to coal and oil- Nuclear, Natural Gas, Hydro-electric, wind, solar, etc.

Second, Fracking is really bad for the environment, and only makes sense if oil is expensive. The Saudis pump up production, fracking becomes a waste of time.

And where do you think that natural gas comes from?

If the Saudi's or anybody else wants to compete with fracking, the price of fuel goes even lower making your alternative energy even less attractive. Hydro, wind, solar are all more expensive fuels to use otherwise we would be using them.

Because there's not an infrastructure to support them. Even if I could afford an electric car, I have no way of plugging it in, no way of pulling over somewhere to recharge it because recharging stations aren't on every corner like gas stations.

You don't have electricity in your home? How do you get on the internet? Even if there were recharging stations, are you willing to sit at one for two or more hours while your car recharges? Hell, it takes an hour for me to recharge the battery for my cordless drill.

If you can't afford an electric car now, what would you do if liberals took over the government and gave you your dream which is force you to buy an electric car?

No, i can only work in the system that exists, and Big Oil invests billions to keep their system in place. But don't worry, keep driving your big SUV, some poor black kid will die in the Middle East to keep it filled for you

My car probably gets better milage than whatever you drive. I fill up my Camry once every two weeks, and my employer is 17 miles from my home. In fact just filled up today: 14 gallons, and I had to force it in.

Forum List

Back