Democrats still ignoring people who could have helped them defeat Trump, Ohio party leaders say

It's not "the poor" who are fighting the wars. Patriots come from all different economic levels of our country. You're watching too many movies where they can train anybody to pull a trigger.

I was in the military for 11 years... the only Rich people I saw were a couple of officers who were probably going to get fragged when the shooting started. One of them thinks he's a woman now.

You on the left have been crying about a draft because you want to make it all about politics as usual. Well..... we don't need a draft and the heroes that are out there fighting for our country certainly don't need (or want) your two cents about what they decided to volunteer for.

Again, we are bankrupting ourselves paying for a military machine that accomplishes very little. Shit, we fought WWII for a Trillion Dollars in Modern money. Makes it a bargain compared to Iraq.

We did not do just fine with draftees. Ask anybody who served in Vietnam.

2/3rds of the guys who went to Vietnam were volunteers. More to the point, the problem with Vietnam was that rich people had all sorts of ways to avoid the draft, from Bush hiding out in the National Guard and not showing up for drills to Rush Limbaugh having a cyst on his asshole from all the gay sex he was having.

IN short, since Mrs. and Mr. Rich People weren't sending their kids off to die in the rice paddies, there wasn't a big rush to get them out...

I thought you said it wasn't their country!

I can't be responsible for your poor reading comprehension skills.

There is no alternative equal to oil. Technology comes at it's own pace. Someday oil will not be our primary source of fuel, but you can't rush it because you leftists don't like oil. That's as stupid as Henry Ford trying to have fuel injection in his Model-T.

Actually, we've had alternatives since the 1970's. And what happens is that when we start to explore alternatives, the Oil Companies use their influence to put the kaybosh on that.

States don't suck on a teet--people do. Many blue states have a much higher cost of living than red ones. It's only normal they would generate more money. A one million dollar house or apartment where you live would probably be $300,000 over here, and even less in southern states.

But that's the point, you have more people sucking on the teet in Alabama than you have in Illinois... But that's White People Welfare, so that's okay.

You had the opportunity to have single-payer, and Mr. Mulatto didn't even mention it. No, they will not pull healthcare from millions of people, but when they get a replacement, then they will get rid of the Commie Care nightmare.

No, they won't because they have already chickened out. So you are stuck with "Commie care", until we finally break down and go to single payer like we should have done 30 years ago.

Given the lefts record of predictions, I'm not too worried about "being done." The trend in this country is conservatism or at the very least, Republicanism. Obama showed everybody what a leftist country would look like, and we rejected it.

Guy, you haven't won the popular vote on a national level since 1988. and you guys are old and DYING THE FUCK OFF. If Ryan gets his dream to gut medicare and social security, you'll die the fuck off even faster.

you managed to steal an election, but that's kind of it. You have no ideas.

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio —

The dinner was supposed to be a Democratic strategy session for an upcoming county election. But the mood grew darker as conversation turned toward the future of their party.

One by one, members of the Mahoning County Democratic Party poured out their frustrations: Just months after the presidential election, they felt folks like them were being forgotten - again. The party's comeback strategy was being steered by protesters, consultants and elitists from New York and California who have no idea what voters in middle America care about.

But worst of all, they said, the party hadn't learned from what they saw as the biggest message from November's election: Democrats have fallen completely out of touch with America's blue-collar voters.

"It doesn't matter how much we scream and holler about jobs and the economy at the local level. Our national leaders still don't get it," said David Betras, the county's party chair. "While Trump is talking about trade and jobs, they're still obsessing about which bathrooms people should be allowed to go into."

Others around the restaurant table nodded.

Since the election, Democrats have been swallowed up in an unending cycle of outrage and issues that have little to do with the nation's working class, they said, such as women's marches, fighting Trump's refugee ban and advocating for transgender bathroom rights.

..."Every time Trump so much as sneezes, we as a party are setting our hair on fire and running around like it's the end of the world," Betras said as the dinner wound down. "Most people around here don't care. They are living paycheck to paycheck, just trying to hold on. After everything that's happened, if we as a party still aren't speaking to them, then we are never getting them back."
Democrats still ignoring people who could have helped them defeat Trump...

You have to be flat out living in denial not to see this.

Time for proportional representation, more choice for people.

I was in the military for 11 years... the only Rich people I saw were a couple of officers who were probably going to get fragged when the shooting started. One of them thinks he's a woman now.

The facts do not support the belief that many American soldiers volunteer because society offers them few other opportunities. The average enlisted person or officer could have had lucrative career opportunities in the private sector. Those who argue that American soldiers risk their lives because they have no other opportunities belittle the personal sacrifices of those who serve out of love for their country.

Who Serves in the U.S. Military? The Demographics of Enlisted Troops and Officers

Again, we are bankrupting ourselves paying for a military machine that accomplishes very little. Shit, we fought WWII for a Trillion Dollars in Modern money. Makes it a bargain compared to Iraq.

We have more technology, more training, more advanced weaponry than we had in WWII. Hell, one missile can cost a million dollars today.

I can't be responsible for your poor reading comprehension skills.

Oh, so you didn't say this in post 245, huh?

"How can we give it back to the "terrorists' when the terrorists never had it to start with. Saddam had the country under control. yes, he was a thug, but the trains ran on time."

Your "poor reading comprehension skills" dodge is getting old Joe. Better find something else

Actually, we've had alternatives since the 1970's. And what happens is that when we start to explore alternatives, the Oil Companies use their influence to put the kaybosh on that.

Conspiracy time.jpeg

Yet you have no credible evidence to support your claim. Yes, there has always been alternative energy, but none as reliable, affordable and plentiful as oil.

But that's the point, you have more people sucking on the teet in Alabama than you have in Illinois... But that's White People Welfare, so that's okay.

And why is that Joe, because they didn't inflate their state so much as yours?

No, they won't because they have already chickened out. So you are stuck with "Commie care", until we finally break down and go to single payer like we should have done 30 years ago.

Pipe dream of yours Joe. The ball hasn't started rolling down the hill just yet. Wait a year or two and see if we still have Commie Care.

Guy, you haven't won the popular vote on a national level since 1988. and you guys are old and DYING THE FUCK OFF.

Yes, I heard that.......for the last 30 years or so. Yet with the exception of DumBama's reelection, we dying people are gaining more and more momentum every election. You lost the Congress, then the Senate, and more recently the White House.......to a guy like Donald Trump no less. That's how despised the pubic is with liberalism. When somebody finally wakes you up, you come to realize that.

you managed to steal an election, but that's kind of it. You have no ideas.

And you have no clues (yet alone evidence) that anybody stole anything. We've been hearing that the last three Republican presidential wins.

Like I said, I could do it if not for government restrictions. I'd like to see you find a job for anybody when most of the job market is not available to them.

Guy, the government isn't what's making you a sad failure...

I'm not a sad failure, only a person who's government restrictions are stopping me from gaining employment elsewhere. Don't believe me? I'll post the restrictions if you like and provide a link.

2010- Republicans took the house but FAILED to take the Senate, mostly because they ran nuts who believed in witchcraft.

We won leadership of Congress and kept it until today.

2012- Democrats made gains in the house and senate, and Obama won again. Only held the house because of Gerrymandering.

:link::link:

2014 - Republicans took back the Senate mostly because all those red state Democrats who got elected on Obama's coattails in 2008.

That doesn't even make any sense whatsoever. The Democrats lost because of the effects of Commie Care.

2016- Republicans lost the popular vote, 6 seats in the House and 2 seats in the Senate.

The popular vote doesn't mean squat in this country. You won nothing and we won the White House. We kept leadership of Congress and Senate to boot.

The facts do not support the belief that many American soldiers volunteer because society offers them few other opportunities. The average enlisted person or officer could have had lucrative career opportunities in the private sector. Those who argue that American soldiers risk their lives because they have no other opportunities belittle the personal sacrifices of those who serve out of love for their country.

Okay, guy. I was there. Most of the people I served with were poor rural whites and poor urban minorities. And that was in peacetime.

In a long war, you get your Mannings and your Bergdahls and your other rejects because they have to lower the standards to keep numbers up.

We have more technology, more training, more advanced weaponry than we had in WWII. Hell, one missile can cost a million dollars today.

Yes, someone is making a huge profit off of war... and you wonder why we are in Year 16 of "A war on an Emotional State."

Your "poor reading comprehension skills" dodge is getting old Joe. Better find something else

Clearly, you are ignoring the obvious. Those people WEREN'T terrorists when Saddam was in charge. After we destroyed the country and bombed the shit out of them and set them against each other, some of them became terrorists... I'm sorry you are soo fucking dense that you don't understand this.

Yet you have no credible evidence to support your claim. Yes, there has always been alternative energy, but none as reliable, affordable and plentiful as oil.

Again, the only reason why alternatives aren't as plentiful is because we haven't invested in them. Other countries have.

And why is that Joe, because they didn't inflate their state so much as yours?

Naw, because they are full of dumb white trash who keep voting against their own interests. Cleetus might be done der dirt poor, but as long as he's above the negroes, he's happy.

Pipe dream of yours Joe. The ball hasn't started rolling down the hill just yet. Wait a year or two and see if we still have Commie Care.

You'll still be whining about it in two years. sorry, guy, if Trump didn't get this done in his first 100 days, he won't ever. Already you have Republicans running away from this guy.

Yes, I heard that.......for the last 30 years or so. Yet with the exception of DumBama's reelection, we dying people are gaining more and more momentum every election. You lost the Congress, then the Senate, and more recently the White House.......to a guy like Donald Trump no less. That's how despised the pubic is with liberalism. When somebody finally wakes you up, you come to realize that.

Actually, the Democrats will retake the house in 2018, and everything else in 2020. Trump is your death rattle as a movement... not that you actually stand for anything other than the same tired racism anymore.

And you have no clues (yet alone evidence) that anybody stole anything. We've been hearing that the last three Republican presidential wins.

Gore and Clinton got more votes. Stolen election.

Yeah I know, you on the left have been telling us that throughout the DumBama administration. With the exception of his reelection (because people liked him on a personal basis) you've been wrong the last eight years on all your other predictions.

Well, not really.
2008 - Obama Won by the biggest vote total ever.
2010- Republicans took the house but FAILED to take the Senate, mostly because they ran nuts who believed in witchcraft.
2012- Democrats made gains in the house and senate, and Obama won again. Only held the house because of Gerrymandering.
2014 - Republicans took back the Senate mostly because all those red state Democrats who got elected on Obama's coattails in 2008.
2016- Republicans lost the popular vote, 6 seats in the House and 2 seats in the Senate. Oh, yeah, and the Cubs won the World Series.

This is NOT a winning record for you guys. But it's going to be a bloodbath for you in 2018.

I know you exist in your own little fantasy world, Joey but let me throw a little cold water on your latest fantasy!

The 2010 mid-terms was the biggest swing from one party to another in modern political history! Donald Trump defeating Hillary Clinton was the biggest political upset since Truman - Dewey! Saying those aren't "wins" for the GOP borders on farce!

As for 2018? You've got mostly Democratic incumbents defending seats in the House and Senate. They are at risk far more than Republicans who are running for reelection because most of them are in solidly Republican districts. Democrats will be doing well not to lose more seats to the GOP.

Okay, guy. I was there. Most of the people I served with were poor rural whites and poor urban minorities. And that was in peacetime.

In a long war, you get your Mannings and your Bergdahls and your other rejects because they have to lower the standards to keep numbers up.

According to that report, times have really changed since you left, huh?

People are poor because they are not educated. Our military today takes people can learn things, and learn a lot of technical things that poorer people don't have the ability to learn.

Yes, someone is making a huge profit off of war... and you wonder why we are in Year 16 of "A war on an Emotional State."

Well, if the emotional state comes to your city and takes out a shopping mall, you'll be supporting the end of that emotional state.

Clearly, you are ignoring the obvious. Those people WEREN'T terrorists when Saddam was in charge. After we destroyed the country and bombed the shit out of them and set them against each other, some of them became terrorists... I'm sorry you are soo fucking dense that you don't understand this.

Some of them yes, but most came from other areas including DumBama's treaty buddies in Iran.

Again, the only reason why alternatives aren't as plentiful is because we haven't invested in them. Other countries have.

And what are they paying for fuel? From what I understand, gasoline costs seven or eight US dollars per gallon.

My boss took his mother to Italy some years back; they wanted to see the house his Grandfather built and lived in. He told me transportation was hectic. He seen models coming out of a studio, and hopping on mopeds to go home. Public transportation was nearly the only way to get around. Fuel was not affordable there for everyday transportation for many people.

Fuel is the economic engine in our society. If somebody thought that they could make cheaper fuel than oil products, you wouldn't need the government to "invest" the private sector would have cornered that market years ago.

You'll still be whining about it in two years. sorry, guy, if Trump didn't get this done in his first 100 days, he won't ever. Already you have Republicans running away from this guy.

Republicans have had inner-fighting for decades now. It's been speculated that the Freedom Caucus is finally coming around to the new ideas presented. It's healthcare for crying out loud. There is no 100 days to solve our problem. If it was that easy, somebody would have solved the problem years ago.

Actually, the Democrats will retake the house in 2018, and everything else in 2020. Trump is your death rattle as a movement... not that you actually stand for anything other than the same tired racism anymore.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Gore and Clinton got more votes. Stolen election.

How is it a stolen election when we don't elect people with the popular vote?

I know you exist in your own little fantasy world, Joey but let me throw a little cold water on your latest fantasy!

The 2010 mid-terms was the biggest swing from one party to another in modern political history! Donald Trump defeating Hillary Clinton was the biggest political upset since Truman - Dewey! Saying those aren't "wins" for the GOP borders on farce!

But it's really not true. You guys didn't even take the Senate. Unlike 2006 and 1994, where both houses switched hands.

To be fair, the biggest problem with the 2006 majority is the Democrats recruited too many DINO's in red districts and won because people were sick of Bush's war. So not surprisingly, those people didn't last.

As for 2018? You've got mostly Democratic incumbents defending seats in the House and Senate. They are at risk far more than Republicans who are running for reelection because most of them are in solidly Republican districts. Democrats will be doing well not to lose more seats to the GOP.

Okay, DogStyle, this is where you are a bit confused. ALL seats are up in the House, and you are probably going to see a lot of GOP seats that they barely won flip this time because Trump will just be that unpopular.

The senate will be a steeper hill to climb.

Again, keep in mind, by Nov. 2018, we are going to be in a full blown recession. Not going to be good for you guys at all.

Well, if the emotional state comes to your city and takes out a shopping mall, you'll be supporting the end of that emotional state.

No, guy, what I'm going to state is what I've stated for years..

We need to stop fucking with those people, and they'll stop fucking with us.

Republicans have had inner-fighting for decades now. It's been speculated that the Freedom Caucus is finally coming around to the new ideas presented. It's healthcare for crying out loud. There is no 100 days to solve our problem. If it was that easy, somebody would have solved the problem years ago.

The problem is, the "Freedom Fry Caucus" is coming around because they promised to kick a bunch of poor people off health care, which the moderates won't go for because they actually want to get re-elected.

You guys have had 7 years to come up with something better. You can't. Mostly because your free-market bullshit is what got us into this problem to start with.

According to that report, times have really changed since you left, huh?

People are poor because they are not educated. Our military today takes people can learn things, and learn a lot of technical things that poorer people don't have the ability to learn.

Guy, as someone who did training in the army, as an NCO, I can tell you, the army can't fix stupid. The poor and uneducated just end up in the MOS categories that don't require much education.

My boss took his mother to Italy some years back; they wanted to see the house his Grandfather built and lived in. He told me transportation was hectic. He seen models coming out of a studio, and hopping on mopeds to go home. Public transportation was nearly the only way to get around. Fuel was not affordable there for everyday transportation for many people.

So let me get this straight... your boss can afford a fancy Italian vacation, but he can't afford to get you health insurance... but you keep blaming the black guy, buddy!!!!

Obviously when you have cities that are centuries old, they aren't going to be set up for modern transportation, dummy....

Fuel is the economic engine in our society. If somebody thought that they could make cheaper fuel than oil products, you wouldn't need the government to "invest" the private sector would have cornered that market years ago.

Guy, what do you think 30 fucking years of war in the Middle East is? That's the biggest corporate welfare program there is to keep a cheap energy source!!!

Again, is we took that 900 billion we spend on missles and ships and spent it on power plants and electric cars and R&D, we'd make their oil as worthless as their sand...

Holy fucking shit, are you a stupid fuck.

The problem is, the "Freedom Fry Caucus" is coming around because they promised to kick a bunch of poor people off health care, which the moderates won't go for because they actually want to get re-elected.

You guys have had 7 years to come up with something better. You can't. Mostly because your free-market bullshit is what got us into this problem to start with.

We didn't have the power to do anything the last seven years, so why spend months or years coming up with something the Democrats would never allow to pass?

Speaking of which, watch how the Democrats try to stop any idea on healthcare by the Republicans good or bad.

So let me get this straight... your boss can afford a fancy Italian vacation, but he can't afford to get you health insurance... but you keep blaming the black guy, buddy!!!!

Obviously when you have cities that are centuries old, they aren't going to be set up for modern transportation, dummy....

Oh, like it would be impossible to change with the times. This country was once all wilderness you know.

Yes, my boss took his mother on vacation. So what? She passed away a few years later, but he can always remember what he did for his mother before she died. It was her lifelong dream to go to Italy. She never had the money to go because his father died when he was 12, and they grew up with the basic bare things in life.

Guy, what do you think 30 fucking years of war in the Middle East is? That's the biggest corporate welfare program there is to keep a cheap energy source!!!

Again, is we took that 900 billion we spend on missles and ships and spent it on power plants and electric cars and R&D, we'd make their oil as worthless as their sand...

Holy fucking shit, are you a stupid fuck.

Yes, we could do that. And if ever attacked, maybe we can drive away from our enemies in our electric cars. You call me stupid????

great points mostly

except, the House turns over 100% every time

I have said this a few times on this forum, most likely outcome for 2018 is we (Republicans) pick up 3 - 6 seats in the Senate & lose between 8 - 18 in the House

My guess is we pick up 3 in the Senate & lose 12 in the House

But if I am correct (and I probably am) - that strengthens Trump's hand for the 2nd half of his 1st term

bonus prediction - we WILL get some kind of tax cuts, personal & corporate & they WILL help the economy & more importantly, average working folks' bottom line. This will cause Trump to win a 2nd term if he decides to run (or assure a Pence presidency if Trump decides to step down)

Is this the tack and 'talking points' you whitey prole Haters are going to try and peddle your new found 'concern for the workin man' scam with?

You sound like a hardline communist version of the Unibomber. I particularly like how you rage about "classism".

So, which of your mentors do you adore more, Alinsky or Stalin?

Please, our good little Stalinist apparatchik, tell us more about the struggles of the proletariat against the bourgeois Democrats.

We didn't have the power to do anything the last seven years, so why spend months or years coming up with something the Democrats would never allow to pass?

Bud, you don't need power to construct a plan, get universal agreement on it, work out the bugs, talk to experts, and so on.

The fact is, all those times they voted to repeal ObamaCare, they really didn't mean it because they knew Obama would veto it. Now that happy day comes,and they don't want to do it because they know their own white trash constituents would lynch them.

Speaking of which, watch how the Democrats try to stop any idea on healthcare by the Republicans good or bad.

You don't have any good ideas. That's the thing.

Yes, my boss took his mother on vacation. So what? She passed away a few years later, but he can always remember what he did for his mother before she died. It was her lifelong dream to go to Italy. She never had the money to go because his father died when he was 12, and they grew up with the basic bare things in life.

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:
I'm sure that you can take solace in that when you have a serious illness and can't get health coverage. He made his mom happy for a week.

But you keep blaming the black guy, stupid.

Yes, we could do that. And if ever attacked, maybe we can drive away from our enemies in our electric cars. You call me stupid????

Yes, you are stupid, if you think that they are attacking us for any other reason than we attacked them first.

They didn't. This is a myth you stupid people believe. Only 13% of the manufacturing jobs lost were lost to outsourcing. Trump has convinced dumb racists like you that brown people fucked you when it was rich people.

And you stupid White Trash shits keep believing it.

As overseas outsourcing has expanded, U.S. manufacturing has suffered the brunt of the blow. According to a report on outsourcing by Working America, “Manufacturing employment collapsed from a high of 19.5 million workers in June 1979 to 11.5 workers in December 2009, a drop of 8 million workers over 30 years. Between August 2000 and February 2004, manufacturing jobs were lost for a stunning 43 consecutive months—the longest such stretch since the Great Depression.” Manufacturing plants have also declined sharply in the last decade, shrinking by more than 51,000 plants, or 12.5 percent, between 1998 and 2008. These stable, middle-class jobs have been the driving force of the U.S. economy for decades and theses losses have done considerable damage to communities across the country.

Labor costs are the main driver of corporations sending jobs overseas, but foreign countries’ costs are increasing compared to the United States. According to a 2012 survey from Duke’s Fuqua School of business, nearly three-quarters of respondents indicated labor cost savings as one of the three most important drivers leading to overseas outsourcing.

Real hourly wages have declined since the 1970's, and Union membership has also declined since the 1970's/

So, it seems that Capitalist myths of wages being too high, and Unions being too strong are not so.

These Capitalists just want to maximize their profits at all costs, they don't care about our nation.

It was not a myth at all. Wages did go too high and unions were too strong. What they did is create a wage bubble. It was no different than the tech bubble or housing bubble; all bubbles burst.

During the housing bubble, rich people kept buying more and more properties. During the tech bubble, people kept buying more and more internet sites and starting companies. Nobody wants to face reality that good times never last forever.

That's the same thing that happened in the big union days.

But, between the 1970's - 2000's wages went down quite a bit, and union membership went down significantly.

Yet, all we saw was even more jobs outsourced as wages, and Union memberships went down.

Percentage of businesses unionized peaked in 1954, union enrollment peaked in 79. The numbers are misleading as private sector unions were losing members in the 60's, about that time public unions got stronger.

What union do you belong to? Do you buy only union made product? Do you shop only at union stores?

Forum List

Back