Democrats Still Clinging To Myth of "Jobs Americans Won't Do"

Look, I know that at times I come across as arrogant and condescending towards Trump's base. But I'm trying really, really hard to understand their plight. Even though I'm a hardcore capitalist, I try to be sympathetic to the plight of others.

However, I also know what we've experienced. And at times, it's hard to reconcile what I've witnessed and what this white working class complains about.

When illegal immigrants are willing to work much harder than the locals, even though I don't agree with illegals and the fucking liberals open borders policies, it's hard to feel sorry for the locals in general.
Did you read the OP ? Is so, read it again, until it sticks.

While you're at it, see Post # 34 & 38.
Some locals are lazy, but most people I worked with were good. There were a lot of non-English speaking people who always seemed to be dodging work or leaving things for others to finish.
LIes.
Each of the plants raided is located in cities or counties with high levels of poverty and extremely low incomes. There were plenty of workers available who probably would have loved to get jobs at the plants.
Jasper County, the location of one of the plants owned by Peco Foods, is a case in point. Jasper’s unemployment rate this June was 7.4 percent, more than twice the national average. A majority-black county, Jasper County has a median household income of only about $35,000 and a 23.8 percent poverty rate. Those who live there need those jobs, but the employer’s alleged scheme denied them that basic chance.
The other plant locations have similar demographics. Canton, Miss., is nearly 70 percent African American, with a 31.4 percent poverty rate for blacks. Scott County is 38 percent black, has a median household income of around $33,000 and a poverty rate more than 21 percent. Leake County is 42 percent black, has a median household income just under $36,000 and a poverty rate of nearly 22 percent. Pelahatchie, a town in Rankin County, is 40 percent black with a median income of just $35,000. Sense a pattern?
Given these figures, the economic impact of illegal immigration becomes clear. The Pew Research Center estimates that more than 7.5 million undocumented immigrants are in the U.S. labor force. Assuming their unemployment rate is roughly equal to the 3.7 percent national average, that means more than 7 million jobs are held by undocumented workers. That can’t help but depress wages and opportunities for native-born American. As the Mississippi figures show, those victims of illegal immigration are often exactly the poor people of color whose continued poverty is a national tragedy.https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...d-immigrants-take-jobs-americans-heres-proof/
Correct-illegals are a drain on the US especially to blacks and taxpayers.

While it's TRUE Americans wont take certain jobs, I support a work requirement.
If the people dont care about themselves, I certainly shouldn't give a damn about them.
The rhetoric around illegals and their acceptance of shit jobs is bigoted. Of course, leftists are allowed to be bigoted against everyone
Folks living in the burbs and on the Beltway are nuts. I live in an area which is nearly all white and every single guy who mows the lawn and runs the weed wacker, and every single woman who cleans the motel rooms around here and CNA's that take care of old folks and men who collect the trash are all white Americans. Or 99% are. It's what's available to people without a college education. Of course they'll do it.

latin-woman-cleaning-picture-id697115154

hillbilly-woman-dress.jpg

It’s all about impressions. Which one of these two would work harder at being a maid? Only one of them I would trust.

Illegal aliens do not want to do farm work either and the majority live in inner cities where there is no farmland. Like Chicago, Los Angeles, etc. Some of them come in to do farm work and then migrate to the inner cities. Farmers say this crap because they want the cheap farm labor of illegal aliens. Only 4 percent of illegal immigrants and 2 percent of all immigrants do farm work. Less than 1% of us wages...Majority of our vegetables and fruits are imported anyway. And meat also. Imported fresh fruit eaten in the United States rose to 53.1%in 2016, from 23% in 1975, according to the Agriculture Department's Economic Research Service. Fresh vegetable imports rose to 31.1 percent from 5.8 percent,,So WTF are illegal aliens doing in the US?
The U.S. used to ship about 7 million tons of plastic trash to China a year ... China wanted scrap paper and plastic to recycle into more products, ...

WE are on the top of the list of shit hole countries.

"Who will mow our lawns if not for illegal aliens?" said Rep. Tom Malinowski (D-NJ) (despite decades of proof to the contrary). At a public speaking event, in Hillsborough, NJ, Malinowski advised voters that there were very good reasons to keep illegal aliens flowing into the US.

“There are a lot of jobs in our community that, like it or not, for better or for worse, Americans are not willing to take,” said Malinowski. He went on to say "“Who do you think is taking care of our seniors? Who do you think is mowing our beautiful lawns in Somerset County?"

Well, maybe there are SOME Americans who wouldn't take these jobs, but I can assure you Tom, there are millions of Americans who are doing jobs, a lot tougher than mowing lawns, cleaning bathrooms, and picking oranges in Florida,

Some of those would include police officers, firefighters, coal miners, and the troops in Afghanistan. As for the lawn mowing, I can remember when American high school and college kids used to mow lawns, on a regular basis and with a non-motorized lawn mower, and I don't see too many illegal aliens losing arms legs, and lives, mowing lawns taking care of seniors, or picking fruit.

Secondly, how many times does it have to be mentioned about the CIS studies that have showed the jobs that allegedly "American's won't do" have consistently been done, over the years, mostly BY NATIVE-BORN AMERICANS. >> maids/housekeepers (55% native-born), taxi drivers (58% native-born), grounds maintenance workers (65% native-born), janitors (73% native-born)

Of the 472 civilian occupations, studied in Census Bureau data collected from 2009 to 2011, only six are majority immigrant (legal and illegal). These six occupations account for 1 percent of the total U.S. workforce. Moreover, native-born Americans still comprise 46 percent of workers even in these 6 occupations.

Democrat: Who Will Mow Our Lawns If Not For Illegal Aliens?

Are There Really Jobs Americans Won’t Do?
Your own quotes work against you. Only 55% of housekeepers are native born? You don't see the disparity there?

Here's another example of "white discrimination."

We bought a brewery in upstate New York several years ago. We advertised for 125 positions.

500 people applied. Half of them weren't qualified. We interviewed the rest.

We offered positions to 150 people. (Almost all of them were white.)

125 accepted.

On the first day, 75 showed up for the first day of work.

So as far as I'm concerned, STFU about white working class discrimination.
Employers around here are complaining about the same thing. When unemployment is so low, you're getting to the "unemployable" even though they aren't officially labeled as such.

It’s all about impressions. Which one of these two would work harder at being a maid? Only one of them I would trust.
That's all the choices we get? How about a rapper and a farmer? Which one could lift a hundred pound bag of seed?

Do you believe that various forces, such as a decline in unionism, has caused wages to stagnate, especially for the working class, for decades?

Yes.

And one of those "various forces" is that American workers aren't willing to do certain jobs that their parents and grandparents were willing to do.

They view those jobs as beneath them.
No, you are viewing those people who didn't show up for work as if they think like you. They don't.
Some of them probably didn't show up because they found something better and didn't have the grace to notify you.
Some of them didn't show up because they haven't got the life skills to keep track of what day it is or what day they were supposed to start. Or the car broke down. Or they woke up and said "I don't feel like going today."
Some of them didn't show up because they were collecting unemployment and had to go through the process even though they had no intention of going to work when they could sit home and still collect.
50 is a hell of a lot not to show, though, out of 125. That's why employers around here loved the work release program at the local prison, when that was active. The workers from the prison always showed up, and on time.

"Who will mow our lawns if not for illegal aliens?" said Rep. Tom Malinowski (D-NJ) (despite decades of proof to the contrary). At a public speaking event, in Hillsborough, NJ, Malinowski advised voters that there were very good reasons to keep illegal aliens flowing into the US.

“There are a lot of jobs in our community that, like it or not, for better or for worse, Americans are not willing to take,” said Malinowski. He went on to say "“Who do you think is taking care of our seniors? Who do you think is mowing our beautiful lawns in Somerset County?"

Well, maybe there are SOME Americans who wouldn't take these jobs, but I can assure you Tom, there are millions of Americans who are doing jobs, a lot tougher than mowing lawns, cleaning bathrooms, and picking oranges in Florida,

Some of those would include police officers, firefighters, coal miners, and the troops in Afghanistan. As for the lawn mowing, I can remember when American high school and college kids used to mow lawns, on a regular basis and with a non-motorized lawn mower, and I don't see too many illegal aliens losing arms legs, and lives, mowing lawns taking care of seniors, or picking fruit.

Secondly, how many times does it have to be mentioned about the CIS studies that have showed the jobs that allegedly "American's won't do" have consistently been done, over the years, mostly BY NATIVE-BORN AMERICANS. >> maids/housekeepers (55% native-born), taxi drivers (58% native-born), grounds maintenance workers (65% native-born), janitors (73% native-born)

Of the 472 civilian occupations, studied in Census Bureau data collected from 2009 to 2011, only six are majority immigrant (legal and illegal). These six occupations account for 1 percent of the total U.S. workforce. Moreover, native-born Americans still comprise 46 percent of workers even in these 6 occupations.

Most people know anything you hear or read from Posters, Media are made up News or lies. Hell I don't even take a Newspaper anymore and don't watch CNN, BBC ABC Cbs and others even Fox you have to really be on guard, they swing left and right. Switch hitters. I do know problems at the border was worst from what is reported I get that from people who live there. VIA shortwave radio. The Democrats have put us in to a position that we are going to have to fix by whatever means we have. I don't count on the Police for any protection and the assistance I get is from the Bros that live in the area. We formed a protection group and yes we are armed, some of the group are white and I trust them. Outsiders are watched and reported as suspicious people. So far two break ins have been taken care of. This is what and what we are. How is it in you area.????

Last edited:
Libs keep saying this shit, that has been completely bebunked years ago. They know it is shit, but they hope that if they keep repeating it, that they can convince people that it is true.

The worst part is, that it often works.
They prey on the dumb and ignorant, hoping those votes will put them over the top in some states, for their electoral votes.

Not about impressions, whatever that means. It's about reality. As mentioned in the OP and its links (which at least a few people are actually reading), it's mostly native-born Americans that are doing these jobs. Always have been. (despite bigot profilers like you claim to be)

Last edited:
Most people know anything you hear or read from Posters, Media are made up News or lies. Hell I don't even take a Newspaper anymore and don't watch CNN, BBC ABC Cbs and others even Fox you have to really be on guard, they swing left and right. Switch hitters. I do know problems at the border was worst from what is reported I get that from people who live there. VIA shortwave radio. The Democrats have put us in to a position that we are going to have to fix by whatever means we have. I don't count on the Police for any protection and the assistance I get is from the Bros that live in the area. We formed a protection group and yes we are armed, some of the group are white and I trust them. Outsiders are watched and reported as suspicious people. So far two break ins have been taken care of. This is what and what we are. How is it in you area.????
I don't watch MSM news any more. Here's a good reference >>

The 15 Best Conservative News Sites On The Internet | John Hawkins' Right Wing News

Your own quotes work against you. Only 55% of housekeepers are native born? You don't see the disparity there?
The point is that MOST of these low-wage jobs are being done by native-born Americans, so the claim that these are jobs that Americans WON"T DO, is a MYTH. Get it ?

I'm almost finished building a house.

My builder said he couldn't hire "white Americans" to do the foundation and framing.

He said that he's thinking about importing workers from Mexico because he can't find enough Americans to work on his next house.
See, the way the market economy works is, if you can't get anybody to take the job at the wage you are offering, raise the offer.

Not about impressions, whatever that means. It's about reality. As mentioned in the OP and its links (which at least a few people are actually reading), it's mostly native-born Americans that are doing these jobs. Always have been. (despite bigot profilers like you claim to be)
Between 1925 and 1965, the US experienced virtually zero immigration. We even had a brief period of net emigration. And during that time, we built the largest economy the world had ever seen, had a robust and healthy union movement, enacted great civil rights legislation, achieved 100% literacy, developed a huge and stable middle class, invented computers, built the interstate highway system, prosecuted a world war against two superpowers simultaneously and won, and were about to put a man on the moon. And we did all that while still managing to get our lawns mowed. The idea we can't run a country without importing an endless stream of cheaper humans is total bunk.

I research area crime before I move, so I'm good. I do admire your pro-active approach.

I'm almost finished building a house.

My builder said he couldn't hire "white Americans" to do the foundation and framing.

He said that he's thinking about importing workers from Mexico because he can't find enough Americans to work on his next house.

I remember the days when african Americans pretty much ruled foundation work and white people were framers and and finishers.
Now mehicans have taken all those jobs.

Do you believe that various forces, such as a decline in unionism, has caused wages to stagnate, especially for the working class, for decades?

Yes.

And one of those "various forces" is that American workers aren't willing to do certain jobs that their parents and grandparents were willing to do.

They view those jobs as beneath them.

And what do you think brought that mindset on?

Libs keep saying this shit, that has been completely bebunked years ago. They know it is shit, but they hope that if they keep repeating it, that they can convince people that it is true.

The worst part is, that it often works.
They prey on the dumb and ignorant, hoping those votes will put them over the top in some states, for their electoral votes.

It is all they have.

I do not believe the recent shootings were racist at all but out of frustration of the illegal aliens taking jobs and getting benefits Americans cannot receive and they have paid into the system. Those people targeted could have been of any race but just happen to be those from South America. But I hate Democrats more than I hate illegal aliens. Yes, and I am not racist per se. I am old enough to have seen them take over the jobs and displace Americans thus bankrupting them and leaving them homeless. Before I got a college degree I did all those menial jobs they say Americans will not do as did my kids and grandkids. After retirement, I worked as a greeter at WalMart. There are no jobs Americans will not do. Remember Americans built this country. We as humans hate anything that is a threat to our well being and our families. The threat now is illegal aliens who have not paid into the system, low wages earners getting social benefits. Prejudice and discrimination often are root causes of human conflict, which explains how strangers come to hate one another to the extreme of causing others harm. ...

Forum List

Back