Democrats Protected AIG Bonuses

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Unblievable! It appears all of the supposed outrage over the AIG bonuses is a complete fabrication - at least when viewed through the prism of the very bailout history constructed by the current Democrat leadership.

None other than Chris Dodd, who is now threatening to tax back the bonuses to the US government, protected these very bonuses with his own amendment contained within the stimulus bill.

Protect the bonuses followed by outrage over the bonuses you protected.

Oh, and guess who received over a hundred thousand in campaign contributions from AIG?

Ah, yes...

Amid AIG Furor, Dodd Tries to Undo Bonus Protections He Put In - FOXBusiness.com

• Thanks
Reactions: del
This is getting beyond bad, did anyone hear Chuck Schumer's holier than thou speech on the senate floor today ? Calling him a hypocrite would be an insult to hypocrites.........

Dodd got a lot of money in campaign funds from AIG...

as did Schumer, McCain and Obama. So?

OpenSecrets | Wall Street Shake-up Connects to Washington Through Contributions, Personal Investments - Capital Eye

AIG let the politicians know a year in advance about the bonuses. If the politicians knew about it, and knew they were going to be giving them out, why now put up such a fuss about it. One other footnote to the bonuses....A lot of them are given out to foreigners, who won't be subjected to the taxes, if implemented.
I'm not saying that it doesn't upset me that my tax dollars are going bonuses, but it's ending up to be a political game, and that pisses me off even more.

This is getting beyond bad, did anyone hear Chuck Schumer's holier than thou speech on the senate floor today ? Calling him a hypocrite would be an insult to hypocrites.........

The mainstream media, if it has any shred of actual purpose-driven reporting left to it, MUST make this issue THE issue for the next week. This is disgusting.

AIG paid out more contributions to the Democrats than the Republicans by nearly 3 to 1.

Democrat Chris Dodd received the largest amount of contributions from AIG.

Democrat Chris Dodd added an amendment protecting AIG bonuses - an amemndment overwhelmingly favored by the Democrat controlled Congress and signed into law by the Democrat President.

Now Dodd and the other Democrats, including Obama, are giving shows of anger over the very bonuses THEY PROTECTED.

Unfriggin' believable folks.

Just when I thought my blood pressure was returning to normal levels I have to learn of this complete and utter abuse of power by this Democrat Congress and White House.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG.

Amid AIG Furor, Dodd Tries to Undo Bonus Protections He Put In - FOXBusiness.com

Dodd got a lot of money in campaign funds from AIG...

as did Schumer, McCain and Obama. So?

OpenSecrets | Wall Street Shake-up Connects to Washington Through Contributions, Personal Investments - Capital Eye

AIG let the politicians know a year in advance about the bonuses. If the politicians knew about it, and knew they were going to be giving them out, why now put up such a fuss about it. One other footnote to the bonuses....A lot of them are given out to foreigners, who won't be subjected to the taxes, if implemented.
I'm not saying that it doesn't upset me that my tax dollars are going bonuses, but it's ending up to be a political game, and that pisses me off even more.

Let's give the dems some credit for being good multi taskers ......... :eusa_whistle:

Dodd's participation in this, as well as other Democrats, is worthy of full Senate Investigations.

Oh wait, those Senate committees are run by Democrats.

Not too likely then, huh?

Holy Hell does this thing have me pissed off.

The mainstream media, if it has any shred of actual purpose-driven reporting left to it, MUST make this issue THE issue for the next week. This is disgusting.

AIG paid out more contributions to the Democrats than the Republicans by nearly 3 to 1.

Democrat Chris Dodd added an amendment protecting AIG bonuses - an amemndment overwhelmingly favored by the Democrat controlled Congress and signed into law by the Democrat President.

Now Dodd and the other Democrats, including Obama, are giving shows of anger over the very bonuses THEY PROTECTED.

Just when I thought my blood pressure was returning to normal levels I have to learn of this complete and utter abuse of power by this Democrat Congress and White House.

Will you stop it! For years and years the GOP got more from corporate America, because they did the most favors for them, and because they were in charge.

So now the GOP are impotent in Congress, so why would corporations give them anything?

As soon as the tide turned with who had power, so did the donations.

Now, I'm pretty pissed about Chris Dodd putting in writing that their bonus' are guaranteed, but I have to look into this much deeper before I'll take your spin on this.

And not a peek at the reasoning Dodd gave for this action.

Dont listen to reason it crumbles your point of view.

Will you stop it! For years and years the GOP got more from corporate America, because they did the most favors for them, and because they were in charge.

So now the GOP are impotent in Congress, so why would corporations give them anything?

Now, I'm pretty pissed about Chris Dodd putting in writing that their bonus' are guaranteed, but I have to look into this much deeper before I'll take your spin on this.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Bobo for that last part - I truly respect that.

Chris Dodd received far and away the most money from AIG. Chris Dodd adds an amendment to protect the very AIG bonuses he now claims to be against.

This stinks to high heaven and frankly, I want the guy to step down.

Add this to his Countrywide shenanigans, and his zealous protection of Fannie and Freddie, and the guy is clearly among the most corrupt of the DC rank and file...

Then maybe you should read his reasoning?

It was about the legal entanglements of stripping exsisting contracts.

Democrats have no idea what they are doing... it's as easy to explain as that.

Now, I'm pretty pissed about Chris Dodd putting in writing that their bonus' are guaranteed, but I have to look into this much deeper before I'll take your spin on this.[/QUOTE]

Chris Dodd received far and away the most money from AIG. Chris Dodd adds an amendment to protect the very AIG bonuses he now claims to be against.

Add this to his Countrywide shenanigans, and his zealous protection of Fannie and Freddie, and the guy is clearly among the most corrupt of the DC rank and file...

I have emailed him demanding to know why/if he did that.

Now Fanny & Freddy, I don't buy that one because if the economy didn't crash, those poor people would still have jobs and they would still be paying their loans. And it wasn't freddy/fanny that inflated the prices of homes, or put those people in bad sub prime loans, or bundled all the loans together. Right?

Even Bush encouraged all Americans to buy instead of rent. I even remember him saying that he didn't want people to just own starter homes, but FABULOUS homes. I wish I could find the tape where he said it.

So the Freddy & Fanny thing I don't buy.

And I understand that if the exec's have a contract, they have a contract.

But we own 80% of the company.

But that doesn't mean we can renig.

So the solution might be that we take it back in a new tax, like an EXCESSIVE BONUS tax.

Or, instead of giving AIG the next $30 billion, take out a billion for this bullshit.

But this is making Obama look very bad. I don't think he's in on it, because this is sabotaging his political capital.

But I don't want to be a partisan hack, so I'm starting to get a bad vibe from this Chris Dodd character.

Damn it, because he really impressed me when he championed the NO Retro Immunity for the Telecoms cause last year. Remember that?

But then I think, if he's really good, his political enemies are going to attack him the most.

So I don't know what to think. But I do need to know why he wrote in that bonus' should be guaranteed, because that's fucked up.

Right now it looks like Chris Dodd put that guarantee in the bill because AIG paid him to do so. I hope that is not the case. But it wouldn't be the first time a politician did something like that.

And why the outrage now? Because the GOP were smart enough to bring this to the public's attention.

Del said that both parties are equally bad/corrupt. I still don't think so. All this banking crisis bullshit happened between 2000-2008. Deregulations, letting the prisoners run the assilum, no oversite, etc.

But I am curious to see how Obama and the Dems handle all this moving forward. If they would just have the balls to end the Federal Reserve. But they don't. Only Dennis Kuchenich and Ron Paul have the courage.

You are going to find out in the next 4 years that there are a few corrupt/sleezy Democrats. I just hope it isn't from the top down. I know it was with the GOP, but right now it just seems as if the AIG's of the world have gotten to a few of our guys, like Chris Dodd.

And I'm not even sure of that yet, but I am open to the possibility. Mother fuckers.

Trust me, if the DEM party goes bad, I will not defend them. You guys are doing a great job exposing any bs.

I just wish you would have listened to us in 2003, 04, 05, 06 & 07 when we were trying to tell you that your party was fucking up the country.

The dems don't get our/my undying loyalty.

But I haven't lost faith in them, yet. Not the party as a whole. Chris Dodd? Maybe.

I have emailed him demanding to know why/if he did that.

Now Fanny & Freddy, I don't buy that one because if the economy didn't crash, those poor people would still have jobs and they would still be paying their loans. And it wasn't freddy/fanny that inflated the prices of homes, or put those people in bad sub prime loans, or bundled all the loans together. Right?

Even Bush encouraged all Americans to buy instead of rent. I even remember him saying that he didn't want people to just own starter homes, but FABULOUS homes. I wish I could find the tape where he said it.

So the Freddy & Fanny thing I don't buy.

And I understand that if the exec's have a contract, they have a contract.

But we own 80% of the company.

But that doesn't mean we can renig.

So the solution might be that we take it back in a new tax, like an EXCESSIVE BONUS tax.

Or, instead of giving AIG the next $30 billion, take out a billion for this bullshit.

But this is making Obama look very bad. I don't think he's in on it, because this is sabotaging his political capital.

But I don't want to be a partisan hack, so I'm starting to get a bad vibe from this Chris Dodd character.

Damn it, because he really impressed me when he championed the NO Retro Immunity for the Telecoms cause last year. Remember that?

But then I think, if he's really good, his political enemies are going to attack him the most.

So I don't know what to think. But I do need to know why he wrote in that bonus' should be guaranteed, because that's fucked up.

Right now it looks like Chris Dodd put that guarantee in the bill because AIG paid him to do so. I hope that is not the case. But it wouldn't be the first time a politician did something like that.

And why the outrage now? Because the GOP were smart enough to bring this to the public's attention.

Del said that both parties are equally bad/corrupt. I still don't think so. All this banking crisis bullshit happened between 2000-2008. Deregulations, letting the prisoners run the assilum, no oversite, etc.

But I am curious to see how Obama and the Dems handle all this moving forward. If they would just have the balls to end the Federal Reserve. But they don't. Only Dennis Kuchenich and Ron Paul have the courage.

You are going to find out in the next 4 years that there are a few corrupt/sleezy Democrats. I just hope it isn't from the top down. I know it was with the GOP, but right now it just seems as if the AIG's of the world have gotten to a few of our guys, like Chris Dodd.

And I'm not even sure of that yet, but I am open to the possibility. Mother fuckers.

Trust me, if the DEM party goes bad, I will not defend them. You guys are doing a great job exposing any bs.

I just wish you would have listened to us in 2003, 04, 05, 06 & 07 when we were trying to tell you that your party was fucking up the country.

The dems don't get our/my undying loyalty.

But I haven't lost faith in them, yet. Not the party as a whole. Chris Dodd? Maybe.

If you get a response from Dodd's office, please post it here - I imagine they will be sending out MANY such responses as this story is catching fire all over the nation right now.

And thank you for your well reasoned and informative response...

I gave you his explaination already.

why do you presiust with this stupidity.

It was teh legal entanglements of a too broadly worded restriction which would cause a shit load of legal trouble in getting things done.

Instead you want to may hey out of nothing, nice try.

Then maybe you should read his reasoning?

It was about the legal entanglements of stripping exsisting contracts.

THEN why are they complaining now and attempting to create a law that VIOLATES the Constitution? Either AIG had no choice or the democrats are faking at being pissed. Which is it?

And isn't it convenient that when YOUR buddies are in charge YOU make excuses. Remind us how we were all Bush apologists now Truthdoesntmatter?

Forum List

Back