Democrats pledge support for universal abortion coverage

JeffWartman

Jul 13, 2006
Suburban Chicago
These people are so far out of the mainstream, it's sick...

Democrats pledge support for wide access to abortion

By Mike Dorning
Washington Bureau
Published July 18, 2007

WASHINGTON -- Elizabeth Edwards said Tuesday that her husband's health-care plan would provide insurance coverage of abortion.

Speaking on behalf of Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards before the family planning and abortion-rights group Planned Parenthood Action Fund, Edwards lauded her husband's health-care proposal as "a true universal health-care plan" that would cover "all reproductive health services, including pregnancy termination," referring to abortion...

Full story: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ll=chi-newsnationworld-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

It is a personal decision and should be covered like any other.

You are wrong most of America agrees with the Pro choice stance.

Universal health care coverage would HAVE to include it fellow and a majority want universal health care coverage.

http://tinyurl.com/2gaba9

read it and weep.

Its near 70%

You don't really get it, do you?

Universal health care is one issue.
The right to an abortion is another.

The issue of taxpayer funded abortions is a COMPLETELY different issue.

The link you posted had NOTHING to do with taxpayer funded abortions.

So what is the point of your post? To further how everyone here believes you are uneducated?

The majority appove of pro choice and the majority approve of UH.

UH would have to include coverage for an abortion which is the system Mrs Edwards was talking about.

Its you who dont understand what was said.

The majority appove of pro choice and the majority approve of UH.

UH would have to include coverage for an abortion which is the system Mrs Edwards was talking about.

You are FAILING to show why a universal healthcare system MUST include taxpayer funded abortions.

Its you who dont understand what was said.

This is an incoherent sentence. Please get a grammar textbook, as many here have no idea what you are trying to say, much of the time.

Truthmatters point is correct. If we, as a nation, adopted Universal Healthcare abortion - as a legal medical procedure, would be covered. This means, in simplest terms, that we, the taxpayers, will be paying for the abortions that are performed in this nation.

At the same time, however, the most ardent pro-choice nut who feels that no couple should have more than one child will pay via their tax dollars for the costs associated with a woman's 6th, 7th, and 8th child.

You may not like it, but it would have to be included in a Universal Healthcare System.

You don't really get it, do you?

Universal health care is one issue.
The right to an abortion is another.

The issue of taxpayer funded abortions is a COMPLETELY different issue.

The link you posted had NOTHING to do with taxpayer funded abortions.

So what is the point of your post? To further how everyone here believes you are uneducated?

Just curious...do you have any evidence that they are "so outside the mainstream"?

that doesn't mean their right. It is a testament to how far down the liberal road we are that 70% of Americans think that some entity other than you is responsible for your health.

I think you dont even know what universal health care is.

Truthmatters point is correct. If we, as a nation, adopted Universal Healthcare abortion - as a legal medical procedure, would be covered. This means, in simplest terms, that we, the taxpayers, will be paying for the abortions that are performed in this nation.

At the same time, however, the most ardent pro-choice nut who feels that no couple should have more than one child will pay via their tax dollars for the costs associated with a woman's 6th, 7th, and 8th child.

You may not like it, but it would have to be included in a Universal Healthcare System.

I suppose if there is one procedure that government should pay for it's this one.

I'll elaborate:

statistics show that woman have abortions for any number of reason. the majority of them haveing to do with essentially not being in a position to raise a child. If they can't afford the child they probably can't afford the procedure either. My opinion has changed slightly on this in that I still think abortion is a horrible choice, (haveing one for medical reasons i.e. the mother is going to die or will suffer sever complications and rape/incest is another matter. Unfortunately that group constitutes a very small portion of the reason the procedure is done) especially when you consider that most of them occur because it was a consequence someone was unprepared for when they made the decision to have sex.

But, while I think it's a poor choice it's one of those deals where you can't legislate morality, up to a point anyway. At some point in the womb we become thinking, breathing human beings and that is where the legal gray area comes into play. becaue to abort past the point is murder. If federally funded legalized abortion ever comes to be fine, but there do need to be restrictions on it. the primary one is can't have one after the first tri-mester unless it's for health reasons. The American people should not have to fund the killing of innocent people.

Universal health care is a state in which all residents of a geographic or political entity pay for and have access to some type of health care by means of provision of health insurance or direct provision of health care.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_healthcare

In other words, you want those that are successful through hard work to pay for someone else's healthcare.

That kind of attitude can go to hell. Leave my fucking tax money alone.

No that is not what it says is it.

Tell me the details of Edwards plan which do what you claim?

Forum List

Back