Democrats pledge support for universal abortion coverage

I think you dont even know what universal health care is.

Trust me i do. It can mean any number of things. Anywhere from unibersal basics and supplemental private insurance if you want it all the way to full blown socialized medicine where the governmentis the sole provider and controller of the industry.

all 'universal healthcare" says is that there is no one who doesnt have some level of access to healthcare. You get into the to what extent, for what procedures, prescriptions, etc. later.

but back to my earlier post. A lot of this stuff I believe has a lot to do with the psychology of our nation. More and more we are becomeing an instant gratification society that believes it is entitled to more and responsible for less. At some level we are advocating that a certain lvl of care be free, yet healthcare is still a commodity which needs to be paid for. When the government pays for something it's really you, John Q Taxpayer that's paying for it. By extention that means while you think you are entitled to healthcare you're also making it someone elses responsiblity, essentially asking someone else to pay for something that have nothing to do with that only you will see the benefits of. Ragardless of whether it's emphazima cause you smoked all your life are got hit by cancer's roulette wheel your health is not my responsibilty and you need to plan for it accordingly

Its a practical decision, we are not here to teach a moral lesson to our fellow Americans.

You are the one wanting to pass moral judgement ,I want to solve a problem.

The people who cannot afford medical care get it at the emergency room making costs rise for all.

Our own health depends on how healthy the poeple arround you are.

Universal health care including preventative care and prenatal care WILL BE CHEAPER than emergency care which you pay for in premiums and higher hospital bills already.

Get practical and face facts!

It is a personal decision and should be covered like any other.

You are wrong most of America agrees with the Pro choice stance.

Pro-choice, pro-life...

does it really matter on a Federal Level?

There's 50 states that each have people with differing opinons on issues.

Let them take care of their own business.

If we head in this direction, along with abortions they will probably add euthanasia at some point.

Who knows, if the UH system got too burdensome they might start cutting corners by cutting out the oldsters. You're 75? Sorry man, but you've reached the upper limits of our UH care plan. However, to solve your problems we do have a fine, pain free solution to offer...

:shock:

Not implementing some kind of universal care is already killing people.

Making up fantasies about what others "believe" is bullshit and fools no one but the stupid.

Not implementing some kind of universal care is already killing people.

Making up fantasies about what others "believe" is bullshit and fools no one but the stupid.

Does it have to be all or nothing?

What if we implemented a government health care program just for those who wish to join?

It might be interesting to see two systems, one fair market and one socialized, operating side by side where you can actually experience it.

:eusa_think:

Its a practical decision, we are not here to teach a moral lesson to our fellow Americans.

You are the one wanting to pass moral judgement ,I want to solve a problem.

The people who cannot afford medical care get it at the emergency room making costs rise for all.

Our own health depends on how healthy the poeple arround you are.

Universal health care including preventative care and prenatal care WILL BE CHEAPER than emergency care which you pay for in premiums and higher hospital bills already.

Get practical and face facts!

I think you're incorrectly identifying the problem. You believe the problem not everyone has healthcare and that healthcare costs are rising, due in part to that, correct?

That's not the problem. that's a symptom of a failure to take responsibilty for your self. there is always going to be a group of people that either simply can't make it without help or those that temporarily need assistance and I have no problem with government programs that help then. But I beleive the number of those people is greatly overestimated while the number of essentially screw ups is greatly underestimated.

Universal health care is one way to assist to both of those groups, but It isn't a way to improve society as a whole

The majority appove of pro choice and the majority approve of UH.

UH would have to include coverage for an abortion which is the system Mrs Edwards was talking about.

Its you who dont understand what was said.

Approving of pro-choice, and UH is STILL not approving of federally-funded abortion.

What was just said doesn't add up to your ridiculous conclusion.

Forum List

Back