Democrats Fast-Track Bill To Override Hobby Lobby Decision

The government forces you to buy insurance. That is an intrusion into your private life.

The government forces your employer to buy you insurance. That is an intrusion into private life.

The government decides which companies get to sell you insurance on the exchange.

The government decides how much profit those companies are allowed to make.

And yet the dumbasses with seven pounds of brain damage are, "Intrusion? What intrusion?"

Nope. Still not an intrusion. Just out of curiosity, do you agree with the following?

The government forces you to not murder people. That is an intrusion into your private life.

The government forces your employer to report you if you murder people. That is an intrusion into private life.

The government decides which police officers get to arrest you if you are caught murdering people.

The government decides how much funding those officers are allowed to have.

And yet the dumbasses with seven pounds of brain damage say, "hurr durr wut introoshun, healthcare iz 4 librulls, all i needs is gunz, hyuck hyuck!"

Oh, I see what your brain damage is. You do not know what force means. That seems rather ironic for a pure Statist, no?

A nice sentiment, but unfortunately, the bill will die regardless once the House's Wrongpublican majority gets their grubby fundamentalist paws on it.

The government is forcing one party to buy insurance for another party.

THAT IS AN INTRUSION INTO OUR LIVES, YOU STUPID FUCKS!!!!

Bullshit, prove it.
"There must be 20 ways to kill your children." Won't 16 do the trick?

DIPSHIT: Force my employer to buy me stuff.

UNCLE SAM: Here you go. I will fine them if they don't buy you this stuff.

EMPLOYER: I should not be forced to buy someone else stuff.

DIPSHIT: He's intruding into my life!!! WAAAAAAH!

You see, this is where I have to disagree.

Your employer is not "buying you stuff", you are earning health coverage as part of your compensation for labor performed. All ACA did was standardize what constituted a valid insurance policy. And in most cases, the employees are doing a pay-in from their own salaries to pay for it.

Specifically, in the case of Hobby Lobby, they paid for these four forms of contraception before the ACA was passed without a problem. Then after ACA stipulated that they had to cover contraception, then Hobby Lobby suddenly 'discovered' that they were 'just like abortion' and violated their "spiritual beliefs".

Of course, there are two easy ways around this. End employer insurance, give every employee the equivalent to what the subsidy was and let them buy their own insurance. Private insurance would collapse in about a year when young people don't buy and old people can't afford.

The other option would be to have single payer, have the government set prices and eliminate the overhead of profit-taking insurance companies that pay their executives 8 and 9 figure salaries.

Isn't the real issue at it's most basic whether religious beliefs should trump the law of the land?

Here's what is happening people, pay attention:

Obama and the Democrats know this will go no where. BUT, it's an election year and they want to build a case for the non-existant war on women. So they will use the guaranteed defeat of this bill as a whip to try to beat the GOP with.

The only question is, will the American Voter be that stupid twice?
I'm sure the House has a full schedule already and won't be able to fit this Senate Bill in.

Isn't the real issue at it's most basic whether religious beliefs should trump the law of the land?
Somehow I don't think the SCOTUS decision was based on that.

I'm pretty sure it was.
It cited religious beliefs as being a reasonable excuse to refuse the contraceptive coverage.
The RFRA was cited.

This from the decision page 49
The contraceptive mandate, as applied to closely held
corporations, violates RFRA

DIPSHIT: Force my employer to buy me stuff.

UNCLE SAM: Here you go. I will fine them if they don't buy you this stuff.

EMPLOYER: I should not be forced to buy someone else stuff.

DIPSHIT: He's intruding into my life!!! WAAAAAAH!

You see, this is where I have to disagree.

Your employer is not "buying you stuff", you are earning health coverage as part of your compensation for labor performed. All ACA did was standardize what constituted a valid insurance policy. And in most cases, the employees are doing a pay-in from their own salaries to pay for it.

So it is the government's responsibility to dictate to employers what is provided as part of compensation. Do modern liberals ever stop bending shit to fit the narrative? It is, or should be, up to the employer to decide what compensation will be provided in conjunction with employee negotiation.

Specifically, in the case of Hobby Lobby, they paid for these four forms of contraception before the ACA was passed without a problem. Then after ACA stipulated that they had to cover contraception, then Hobby Lobby suddenly 'discovered' that they were 'just like abortion' and violated their "spiritual beliefs".

And imagine that the court agreed with them? Too bad. And whether they provided them before or not is irrelevant. Though the irony of pointing out hypocrisy by the hypocrite party is both ironic and noted.

Of course, there are two easy ways around this. End employer insurance, give every employee the equivalent to what the subsidy was and let them buy their own insurance. Private insurance would collapse in about a year when young people don't buy and old people can't afford.

The other option would be to have single payer, have the government set prices and eliminate the overhead of profit-taking insurance companies that pay their executives 8 and 9 figure salaries.

Yes, we know you want the government to take over and set all prices. Eliminating profit. It's about as American as it gets today.

:cuckoo:

Liberals hate private contracts, ownership, profit and individualism on any level economically.

Liberals love authority, force, coercion, dictation, theft and also murder! Considering themselves different from republicans in that regard.

The free practice of religious beliefs is guaranteed by the Constitution...the law of the land.

SCOTUS upheld that.

No one was denying the owners of HL the freedom to practice their religion.

The free practice of religious beliefs is guaranteed by the Constitution...the law of the land.

SCOTUS upheld that.

No one was denying the owners of HL the freedom to practice their religion.
The ACA was. SCOTUS said so.

Do keep up.

I'd almost be temped to say give them what they want so they can't reproduce anymore people in their image

nasty ugly people anyway

Forum List

Back