Democrats Fast-Track Bill To Override Hobby Lobby Decision

The government forces you to buy insurance. That is an intrusion into your private life.

The government forces your employer to buy you insurance. That is an intrusion into private life.

The government decides which companies get to sell you insurance on the exchange.

The government decides how much profit those companies are allowed to make.

And yet the dumbasses with seven pounds of brain damage are, "Intrusion? What intrusion?"

Nope. Still not an intrusion. Just out of curiosity, do you agree with the following?

The government forces you to not murder people. That is an intrusion into your private life.

The government forces your employer to report you if you murder people. That is an intrusion into private life.

The government decides which police officers get to arrest you if you are caught murdering people.

The government decides how much funding those officers are allowed to have.

And yet the dumbasses with seven pounds of brain damage say, "hurr durr wut introoshun, healthcare iz 4 librulls, all i needs is gunz, hyuck hyuck!"

As I have said in every thread like this TOUGH SHIT, you lost one that is almost meaningless, STFU.

The border is exploding with a humanitarian crisis of epic proportions.

There isn't even a budget.

The ME is going up in flames.

Iran is still getting the bomb.

China thinks they can kick our asses if we did go to war.

Russia is continually poking us in the eye.

Unempolyment is still over 6 percent and the work participation rate is on a downward spiral.

Those on disability are skyrocketing.

And THIS is what the USELESS Democrat pick as something that needs fast tracked. It simply amazes me that every time I think that the Democrats can't get any lower they prove me wrong, I am tired of them proving me wrong.

Senate Democrats are expediting legislation that would override the Supreme Court's decision in the Hobby Lobby case and compel for-profit employers to cover the full range of contraception for their employees, as required by the Affordable Care Act.
No kidding? Knock it out there boys. That's a winning issue and we could use it for November. Most of the panties would be pleased.

"Gimme, gimme, gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it."

Acceding to this constant demand is how we have now arrived to the point where there are dipshits who actually believe it is okay to force someone else to give them something, and if that someone else resists, they are intruding into the lives of the dipshits.

Incredible. Absolutely incredible.
If health insurance is provided as a benefit, the whole of health should be covered. to exclude portions due to some ham handed religious 'mandate' is, in essence forcing someone else's 'religion' upon others. And where in the Bible does it mention contraception? That topic is brought up in tent revivals, not scripture.
Then how come vision and dental not covered?
You dumb

Senate Democrats are expediting legislation that would override the Supreme Court's decision in the Hobby Lobby case and compel for-profit employers to cover the full range of contraception for their employees, as required by the Affordable Care Act.

The bill, which is co-authored by Sens. Patty Murray (D-Wash.) and Mark Udall (D-Colo.), would ban for-profit companies from refusing to cover any federally guaranteed health benefits for religious reasons, including all 20 forms of contraception detailed in the Affordable Care Act. It would preserve the contraception mandate's current exemption for churches and accommodation for non-profit religious organizations, such as certain hospitals and schools.

A Senate aide told HuffPost that the bill will be introduced as soon as Tuesday night and go directly to the Senate floor as early as next week, without being considered in committee.

"The U.S. Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision opened the door to unprecedented corporate intrusion into our private lives. Coloradans understand that women should never have to ask their bosses for a permission slip to access common forms of birth control or other critical health services," Udall said in a statement. "My common-sense proposal will keep women's private health decisions out of corporate board rooms, because your boss shouldn't be able to dictate what is best for you and your family."

MORE: Democrats Fast-Track Bill To Override Hobby Lobby Decision

Sounds good. Get it done.

There is no way it will pass.

The US Government isn't supposed to "fast track" ANYTHING!

It's set up as a deliberative body and is supposed to take it's time on legislation to make sure it's written very carefully as NOT to infringe on the rights of ANY American.

The U.S. Government hasn't had that as one of its priorities in a long time.

As you know, the Framers wrote in the very first U.S. law, that the purpose of govenment was to protect our rights... and if any government became sufficiently abusive of those rights instead, it was the citizens' rights AND DUTY to "throw off such government" and form a new one.

As legal, valid, and binding today, as the day it was written.

Declaration of Independence said:
....to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government....

....when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

-- Declaration of Independence, passed unanimously on July 4, 1776, by the duly constituted legislature at the time, the 2nd Continental Congress

Last edited:

Acceding to this constant demand is how we have now arrived to the point where there are dipshits who actually believe it is okay to force someone else to give them something, and if that someone else resists, they are intruding into the lives of the dipshits.

If health insurance is provided as a benefit, the whole of health should be covered. to exclude portions due to some ham handed religious 'mandate' is, in essence forcing someone else's 'religion' upon others. And where in the Bible does it mention contraception? That topic is brought up in tent revivals, not scripture.

It isn't a benefit under tax law.

You're not seriously surprised are you ? I actually was expecting some sort of legislation to come out of this, that would get around the SCOTUS decision. I just wasn't expecting it this fast.

Keep in mind though, we are now entering into a climate of a potential serious civil unrest unlike anything we've seen since the Civil War.
Yes, there were similar unrest during Vietnam, but this is entirely about internal matters, and not about a foreign conflict.

The government forces you to buy insurance. That is an intrusion into your private life.

The government forces your employer to buy you insurance. That is an intrusion into private life.

The government decides which companies get to sell you insurance on the exchange.

And yet the dumbasses with seven pounds of brain damage are, "Intrusion? What intrusion?"

Nope. Still not an intrusion. Just out of curiosity, do you agree with the following?

The government forces you to not murder people. That is an intrusion into your private life.

The government forces your employer to report you if you murder people. That is an intrusion into private life.

The government decides which police officers get to arrest you if you are caught murdering people.

And yet the dumbasses with seven pounds of brain damage say, "hurr durr wut introoshun, healthcare iz 4 librulls, all i needs is gunz, hyuck hyuck!"

It is not. It is intended to preserve life, not intrude upon it.

When you you murder someone, have you not intruded into their private life by taking it?

Well within their rights to do.

And?

Your argument is a non sequitur.

The government is not forcing you to not murder anyone.

Nothing in the law actually requires my employer to report me committing a murder I commit, even if he knows about it.

The government wants a monopoly on force, but the law says that anyone can arrest anyone if they have a good reason. Look up citizen's arrest if you don't believe me.

The people decide how much funding the police get, not the government.

Now that I have totally destroyed your arguments do you get the point that you are wrong?

You mean Harry Reid has awakened and will do something.
Of course...If it's a gay issue or birth control or abortion he's outraged and will use his power to fight the good fight.

Progs are a mindless Collective, they believe and repeat back absolutely ANYTHING fed into the Collective.

It's actually frightening that grown people have surrendered all capacity for rational thought to support the Democrat Party

Progs are a mindless Collective, they believe and repeat back absolutely ANYTHING fed into the Collective.

It's actually frightening that grown people have surrendered all capacity for rational thought to support the Democrat Party

Frank, they don't care about facts. That's the scary part. They debate as if they are presenting facts and when shown they are wrong on the facts they just dont care. They repeat their misinformation even more loudly. How many times have we heard that the HL decision infringes on women's rights? It ain't true. It was never true. But to them they've been programmed to believe it. So it doesnt matter.

The government is forcing one party to buy insurance for another party.

THAT IS AN INTRUSION INTO OUR LIVES, YOU STUPID FUCKS!!!!

By that logic, so are stop signs and rape laws.

I use the word "logic" loosely.

Healthcare should have NEVER been tied to employment. It goes back a long way...time to stop it.

When did we decide it was OK to let our bosses choose our health insurance?

You're one of the few bed wetting libs I don't have on ignore, because you occasionally post something worth reading.

Unfortunately you will probably endorse single payer, negating any intellectual value you've displayed here.

I think there is hope for you however, since you do exhibit the faintest glimmer of independent thinking.

Forum List

Back