Democrats Fast-Track Bill To Override Hobby Lobby Decision

The issue is HL still paid for up to 15 other contraceptives.

-Geaux

Completely irrelevant.

Hobby Lobby is not a doctor. They are not a medical professional.

They have no standing to determine which of 20 available forms of contraception are the most medically appropriate for a given case.

The government is not a doctor or professional either.

-Geaux

The free practice of religious beliefs is guaranteed by the Constitution...the law of the land.

SCOTUS upheld that.

No one was denying the owners of HL the freedom to practice their religion.

Yes they were idiot.

No one was denying the employees of HL contraception.

No they weren't...ummm...idiot.

No one is claiming that the the employees were denied contraception.

-Geaux

Completely irrelevant.

They have no standing to determine which of 20 available forms of contraception are the most medically appropriate for a given case.

-Geaux

And they aren't telling women what they can't have.

Hobby Lobby is. Because they are totally against abortion unless you are a Chinese Fetus. then you are kind of on your own.

Completely irrelevant.

-Geaux

Hobby Lobby is. Because they are totally against abortion unless you are a Chinese Fetus. then you are kind of on your own.

But the government is telling women what they must have.

-Geaux

-Geaux

Completely irrelevant.

That isn't what they are trying to do idiot.

Yes, that is EXACTLY what they are doing.

They are saying, "I think this form of birth control is abortion because I don't understand Science, so we won't pay for it because it makes Baby Jesus Cry."

The fact that they have 20 types of contraception is because there are different treatments for difference cases. IN some cases, the IUD is really the best form of treatment.

-Geaux

-Geaux

No. Not even close.

The government is saying you can have any of the 20 forms available or choose not to use it at all. But whatever you choose, your insurance should cover it.

That's actually kind of reasonable.

Completely irrelevant.

-Geaux

How long do you guys plan to continue this lie? You keep equating "will not provide" with "can not have" or "forcing religion onto employees" as your arguments. Which significantly lack logic, reason or rational thought. The employees are more than welcome to go and get those items if they want them. You're not entitled to other people's goods and services. I do not give a shit for what reason the employer chooses not to provide an item. My job doesn't provide free lunch either.

-Geaux

No. Not even close.

The government is saying you can have any of the 20 forms available or choose not to use it at all. But whatever you choose, your insurance should cover it.

That's actually kind of reasonable.

Um, actually it's unreasonable. And the courts are slowly peeling back the layers.

-Geaux

Such pious Christians

Several of the mutual funds in Hobby Lobby's retirement plan have stock holdings in companies that manufacture the specific drugs and devices that the Green family, which owns Hobby Lobby, is fighting to keep out of Hobby Lobby's health care policies: the emergency contraceptive pills Plan B and Ella, and copper and hormonal intrauterine devices.
Hobby Lobby's Hypocrisy: The Company's Retirement Plan Invests in Contraception Manufacturers | Mother Jones

and I see Geaux has his "Stupid Flag" up.

Seriously, whenever I see that flag, I think, "Man, I'll bet that's a really stupid person."

Well now you've done it. I actually selected the wrong avatar but since you're so upset I added it back. :lol:

Thanks
-Geaux

-Geaux

How long do you guys plan to continue this lie? You keep equating "will not provide" with "can not have" or "forcing religion onto employees" as your arguments. Which significantly lack logic, reason or rational thought. The employees are more than welcome to go and get those items if they want them. You're not entitled to other people's goods and services. I do not give a shit for what reason the employer chooses not to provide an item. My job doesn't provide free lunch either.

A Hobby Lobby employee makes $9.00 an hour. Which is $18,000 a year if she is lucky enough to work a full 40 hour week. Before Taxes. After taxes, it's probably about $15,000 a year.

The cost of an IUD without insurance is $1000.00. that puts it well beyond her economic reach.

Sorry, saying, "You can't have this kind of birth control because I am a superstitious jackass who believes in Bronze Age Fairy Tales" is telling them they can't have it and is forcing your religion onto others.

A Hobby Lobby employee makes $9.00 an hour. Which is $18,000 a year if she is lucky enough to work a full 40 hour week. Before Taxes. After taxes, it's probably about $15,000 a year.

The cost of an IUD without insurance is $1000.00. that puts it well beyond her economic reach.

Sorry, saying, "You can't have this kind of birth control because I am a superstitious jackass who believes in Bronze Age Fairy Tales" is telling them they can't have it and is forcing your religion onto others.

How hard is it for the woman to ask her man to wear a 'raincoat'? Much cheaper

-Geaux

and I see Geaux has his "Stupid Flag" up.

Seriously, whenever I see that flag, I think, "Man, I'll bet that's a really stupid person."

Well now you've done it. I actually selected the wrong avatar but since you're so upset I added it back. :lol:

Thanks
-Geaux

I think it suits you.

NOthing says, "I'm a dumb redneck who votes against my own economic interest because I am easily manipulated by rich douchebags" better than the Confederate Flag.

The original case of dumb rednecks dying in mass because a bunch of rich douchebags manipulated them.

No matter how many times, and with whatever flawed logic you plan to invoke over it, equating "will not provide" with "can not have" fails. It will fail in logic no matter how many times you repeat it.

Failure, Joe. Failure.

Conservative Roman Catholic men have decided that a business that is based on buying products from a country that has forced abortions, the highest abortion rates in the world and mandatory contraception have decided that that the business has a Constitutional right to impose the business owners alleged anti contraception beliefs on it's employees. Apparently the overwhelming and obvious hypocrisy of the business owners was not noticed by the conservative Roman Catholic old men.

No one is being religiously imposed on from the employee level. No one is going to be fired for seeking out and acquiring products not provided by the employer. This is the repeat lie that you liberals must repeat or your little song and dance falls completely apart.

Yes they are. You confirm it in your short response. Women need to seek out products and find alternate ways to acquire products that are not provided by their employer even though those products use are protected by the constitution. That is an imposition based on the employers religion.
Anyhow, my post was more about the hypocrisy of the owners of hobby lobby and the inappropriateness of a bunch of old Roman Catholic conservative men making a decision that effects women of differing religious and political beliefs. It is obvious the justices were not judicial in their ruling and were swayed by their own religious and political beliefs.

Last edited:

No matter how many times, and with whatever flawed logic you plan to invoke over it, equating "will not provide" with "can not have" fails. It will fail in logic no matter how many times you repeat it.

Failure, Joe. Failure.

Okay, yes, if you totally ignore facts and pretend that health care is a gift and not earned compensation, then you can totally have your own reality.

I mean, Sweet Evil Jesus, you guys never learn, do you? You really think campaigning against contraception and telling women how to run their bodies is as winner for you guys? Ask Mitt Romney and Todd Akin how that worked out.

[

How hard is it for the woman to ask her man to wear a 'raincoat'? Much cheaper

-Geaux

Condoms break.

And sometimes, women get IUDs for reasons that have nothing to do with contraception.

You see, that's why these decisions need to be made by doctors and not employers.

Sure, if the Doctors participated in a free market. But they are government controlled. If a woman needs contraceptives, tell her man to wear a raincoat.

-Geaux

Conservative Roman Catholic men have decided that a business that is based on buying products from a country that has forced abortions, the highest abortion rates in the world and mandatory contraception have decided that that the business has a Constitutional right to impose the business owners alleged anti contraception beliefs on it's employees. Apparently the overwhelming and obvious hypocrisy of the business owners was not noticed by the conservative Roman Catholic old men.

No one is being religiously imposed on from the employee level. No one is going to be fired for seeking out and acquiring products not provided by the employer. This is the repeat lie that you liberals must repeat or your little song and dance falls completely apart.

Yes they are. You confirm it in your short response. Women need to seek out products and find alternate ways to acquire products that are not provided by their employer even though those products use are protected by the constitution. That is an imposition based on the employers religion.

"Not provided" does not equate to "can not have". The court already ruled on this, as well. Though I do not give two shits for what reason an employer does not provide. And yes, these are protected items under the constitution. These women are free to go and acquire them. That has nothing to do with providing them.

Forum List

Back