Democrats and ATF Want to Stop 5.56 Ammo

It's a steel tipped lead bullet.

What is your point?
Bingo, there's no reason for it to be banned…

Is there any reason why the 5.56 should be treated any differently than any other caliber bullet?

The supposed ban only ends the exemption that the 5.56 got that other ammo didn't have.
Who knows what gets into the progressive anti-gun nutters mind? Certainly no commonsense has ever entered their.
The silly fuckers think AR-15 is not a sporting rifle... :cuckoo:

Still wondering what the silly gullible fuckers who think that ending an exemption for 5.56 means 'stop all 5.56 ammo sales'
I will never pretend to know what goes through a progressives head, they are a sorry fucking bunch. They cannot tolerate anybody disagree with them… I guess it's their control freak nature

I will never pretend to know what goes through a 'conservatives' head, they are a sorry fucking bunch. For 8 years they believed the gun industry and like the scared rabbits they were bought ammo and guns because they believed Obama was coming to take away their guns and lock them in FEMA camps. They not only can't tolerate anyone who disagrees with them, they believe anything that they are told as long as it includes the implication: progressives bad'

You people are such drama queens lol
Says the control freak
This country is full of critical problems but you snowflakes want whine about ammo being banned.
Banning ammo/firearms just costs lives... and gives Anti-gun nutters like yourself wood...
lol um no it doesn't. At all.
Your anti-gun stance means you're compensating for shortcomings…
lol oh yeah that must be it.

True, but most ARs use the .223 round.....and it's a shitty hunting round. :)

FWIW, my AR-10 in 7.62X51mm, Mosin-Nagant in 7.62X54mm and Zastava Mauser 8mm will all punch through a lot more metal than any 5.56mm round.

You 'believe' that US citizens, armed with kitted fully auto AR-15s and AK-47s are going to be able to have a fair fight with the US military if push comes to shove.

Don't forget that the military consists of patriotic Americans. If called upon to commit treason, by making war against their fellow Americans, it is likely that the vast majority would, instead, stand with their fellow Americans, and turn against the traitors who gave them such illegal orders.

Last edited:
Yes hunters need their armor piercing ammo for those really tough does. Why not spent uranium? You never know when you'll come across some buck who just had his body clad in titanium plates. And everyone knows it's every American's god given right to cut a buck in half with one shot.

Gun lickers have just lost their shit.
1) Why not spent uranium? It's basically lead and is less radioactive than natural uranium. It also has several civilian uses: Depleted uranium - Wikipedia

2) Ammo piercing ammo isn't a very good hunting ammunition precisely because it doesn't expand much less "cut a buck in half with one shot". Only a fucking idiot who knows nothing about firearms and ammunition would think it does.

It may be worth mentioning that it is true of any radioactive isotope of any element, that the more intensely radioactive it is, the more rapidly it decays into more stable forms.

Yes hunters need their armor piercing ammo for those really tough does. Why not spent uranium? You never know when you'll come across some buck who just had his body clad in titanium plates. And everyone knows it's every American's god given right to cut a buck in half with one shot.

1) Why not spent uranium? It's basically lead and is less radioactive than natural uranium. It also has several civilian uses: Depleted uranium - Wikipedia

2) Ammo piercing ammo isn't a very good hunting ammunition precisely because it doesn't expand much less "cut a buck in half with one shot". Only a fucking idiot who knows nothing about firearms and ammunition would think it does.

I see so you also are one not familiar with the concept of sarcastic humor and you believe I meant it about 'cutting a dear in half with one shot'. My friend's 12 year old nephew knew I was joking, but many adults here do not. Perhaps it's the fault of typed text not communicating the humor. We'll leave it at that to be judicious.

Uranium has a half-life of 4.5 billion years. The same age as the Earth. And the rule of thumb is it takes 10 half lives for a sample of radioactive material to be considered innert. 45 billion years, three times as long as the universe has existed. Depleted uranium is only harmful close up, so it basically has to be touched. But put thousands of these rounds into the ground or on the surface and the problem becomes clear. It shouldn't be used for any purpose. "Well it's only radioactive within a half inch of the metal,." Yeah, for 45 billion years.

But again, depleted uranium was nothing more than satirical humor in my posts. And again if some here don't get humor or don't get my humor, who gives a shit.
Yes, I'm familiar with your sophomoric witticisms but that doesn't let you off the hook for your exaggerations AKA lying bullshit.

Did you read the link to civilian applications of depleted uranium?

Is there any reason why the 5.56 should be treated any differently than any other caliber bullet?

The supposed ban only ends the exemption that the 5.56 got that other ammo didn't have.
Who knows what gets into the progressive anti-gun nutters mind? Certainly no commonsense has ever entered their.

Still wondering what the silly gullible fuckers who think that ending an exemption for 5.56 means 'stop all 5.56 ammo sales'
I will never pretend to know what goes through a progressives head, they are a sorry fucking bunch. They cannot tolerate anybody disagree with them… I guess it's their control freak nature

I will never pretend to know what goes through a 'conservatives' head, they are a sorry fucking bunch. For 8 years they believed the gun industry and like the scared rabbits they were bought ammo and guns because they believed Obama was coming to take away their guns and lock them in FEMA camps. They not only can't tolerate anyone who disagrees with them, they believe anything that they are told as long as it includes the implication: progressives bad'
:lmao:
The Shit stain that is Obama tried to do plenty, even with the fucking crocodile tears and all. His presidency brought the progressive nutters out of the woodwork to do most of the mass shootings during his terms.

Obama executive action: New gun control orders - CNNPolitics.com

The Shit stain that is Obama tried to do plenty, even with the fucking crocodile tears and all. His presidency brought the progressive nutters out of the woodwork to do most of the mass shootings during his terms.

How many of your shit stained guns did President Obama seize? Or try to seize?

FWIW, my AR-10 in 7.62X51mm, Mosin-Nagant in 7.62X54mm and Zastava Mauser 8mm will all punch through a lot more metal than any 5.56mm round.
The 6.8 spc is a great round for the AR-15 platform, Great accuracy, ballistic coefficient and energy downrange.

Last edited:

They aren't "armor piercing," dumbass. They are merely copper jacketed, which is required by the Geneva Conventions. Of course, the does make them penetrate metal better than a lead round, but the military does not classify them as "armor piercing." Only dumbasses like you do.

Funny they dont outlaw hollowpoints like the Geneva Convention.
That was step #6 on the anti-gun agenda. ;)

The supposed "ban" (which doesn't exist) applies only to green tip 5.56.
do you even know where the green tip is you stupid bastard?

What are you trying to ask me?

The "green tip" is on the end of the bullet.
Well that's the color, what do you think the bullet actually is?

What is your point?
The M855 is copper-tipped. The lead core has a small steel cap.

The Truth About M855 5.56 NATO Ammunition - The Truth About Guns
m855.jpg

Katie Pavlich: What’s really behind the ban on AR-15 green-tip ammo?.

So why should AR-15 green tip ammo retain its exemption from the ban on armor piercing ammo?

Remember- these types were specifically exempted from the rules on armor piercing ammo- why should they get an exemption that other armor piercing ammo doesn't get?

How many of your shit stained guns did President Obama seize? Or try to seize?

It's the principle, Barry was 100% wrong 100% of the time especially when it comes to firearms and ammo. But he was one hell of a firearm salesman… Best ever.
And as far as his acting capabilities? He sucked ass... lol
maxresdefault.jpg

What is your point?

m855.jpg

So why should AR-15 green tip ammo retain its exemption from the ban on armor piercing ammo?

Remember- these types were specifically exempted from the rules on armor piercing ammo- why should they get an exemption that other armor piercing ammo doesn't get?
You got a remember progressives make this shit up, they know nothing about the subject at hand. So they should be slapped down every time

The 6.8 spc is a great round for AR-15 platform, Great accuracy, ballistic coefficient and energy downrange.
Agreed and it'd be great if our military converted to it in order to make it more plentiful.

The 6.8 spc is a great round for AR-15 platform, Great accuracy, ballistic coefficient and energy downrange.
Agreed and it'd be great if our military converted to it in order to make it more plentiful.
I sell it for about a dollar more a box than regular 556 ammo, it's getting more plentiful every day.

What is your point?

m855.jpg

Because the exemption regards pistol ammo. Want to ban the use of it in pistols? Go for it. Rifles? GFY.

I sell it for about a dollar more a box than regular 556 ammo, it's getting more plentiful every day.
I saw the prices on MidwayUSA, which aren't bad compared to 7.62X51mm. Still, I'm stocked up and look for ammo compatibility when buying firearms.

that's OK I'll use 6.8

That's a rather pricey decision.

This is just a leftover from Obama. He was very anti-American.

Many gun shops closed because of Obama. Ammunition was scarce, I think

because he had the government buying it.

LOL- the gun industry made mint off of gullible gun buyers during the Obama administration- because remember he stole all of your guns!

And of course you refuse to admit how he used the courts to attack gun rights.....the 4th Circuit Court of appeals, with the majority of judges appointed by him and clinton just declared military weapons unprotected by the 2nd Amendment.....which essentially means any gun, ever made is now unconstitutional.....and he didn't have to lose one democrat member of congress to an anti gun vote......

Where in the 2nd amendment does it mention "hunting"?

So let us see if we read you correctly.

You 'believe' that US citizens, armed with kitted fully auto AR-15s and AK-47s are going to be able to have a fair fight with the US military if push comes to shove. That's what you believe? That shit ended over 100 years ago. Even if every US citizen were so armed we'd lose in three days. I have friends that were in both Iraq wars and two that were in Afghan. I asked each seriously "what could the US population do if a platoon of M1 tanks comes rolling down the road?" All of them laughed and then motioned like they were putting down their rifles and putting their hands up. There is no option, there would be no fight. Both sides don't have muskets and cannons now, one side has rifles the other side has tanks, helicopters, drones, missiles, 13,000 aircraft, a navy, and nuclear weapons.

But this fantasy that gun lickers have, of being the modern day 'minutemen' is the one they cling to the most. It is fantasy on a galactic scale. It is denial of reality that renders people to an insane asylum for life. It is the equivalent of someone looking at those stats and odds and saying 'well we want it more'.

The 2nd amendment, regarding the people protecting themselves against our own military, is a place holder now. It has zero real-world value.

You guys keep telling us this....as obama withdrew American forces from Afghanistan and Iraq...where they held us off with rifles and improvised explosives.....

M1 tanks need crew members and gas.....they can't live in them 365 days a year 24/7 asswipe......

you have no clue what you are talking about....

What is your point?

There is no reason other bullets should be treated the way they are.....

Forum List

Back