Democrats and ATF Want to Stop 5.56 Ammo

Yes hunters need their armor piercing ammo for those really tough does. Why not spent uranium? You never know when you'll come across some buck who just had his body clad in titanium plates. And everyone knows it's every American's god given right to cut a buck in half with one shot.

Gun lickers have just lost their shit.
1) Why not spent uranium? It's basically lead and is less radioactive than natural uranium. It also has several civilian uses: Depleted uranium - Wikipedia

2) Ammo piercing ammo isn't a very good hunting ammunition precisely because it doesn't expand much less "cut a buck in half with one shot". Only a fucking idiot who knows nothing about firearms and ammunition would think it does.

I see so you also are one not familiar with the concept of sarcastic humor and you believe I meant it about 'cutting a dear in half with one shot'. My friend's 12 year old nephew knew I was joking, but many adults here do not. Perhaps it's the fault of typed text not communicating the humor. We'll leave it at that to be judicious.

Uranium has a half-life of 4.5 billion years. The same age as the Earth. And the rule of thumb is it takes 10 half lives for a sample of radioactive material to be considered innert. 45 billion years, three times as long as the universe has existed. Depleted uranium is only harmful close up, so it basically has to be touched. But put thousands of these rounds into the ground or on the surface and the problem becomes clear. It shouldn't be used for any purpose. "Well it's only radioactive within a half inch of the metal,." Yeah, for 45 billion years.

But again, depleted uranium was nothing more than satirical humor in my posts. And again if some here don't get humor or don't get my humor, who gives a shit.

Yes hunters need their armor piercing ammo for those really tough does. Why not spent uranium? You never know when you'll come across some buck who just had his body clad in titanium plates. And everyone knows it's every American's god given right to cut a buck in half with one shot.

1) Why not spent uranium? It's basically lead and is less radioactive than natural uranium. It also has several civilian uses: Depleted uranium - Wikipedia

2) Ammo piercing ammo isn't a very good hunting ammunition precisely because it doesn't expand much less "cut a buck in half with one shot". Only a fucking idiot who knows nothing about firearms and ammunition would think it does.

I see so you also are one not familiar with the concept of sarcastic humor and you believe I meant it about 'cutting a dear in half with one shot'. My friend's 12 year old nephew knew I was joking, but many adults here do not. Perhaps it's the fault of typed text not communicating the humor. We'll leave it at that to be judicious.

Uranium has a half-life of 4.5 billion years. The same age as the Earth. And the rule of thumb is it takes 10 half lives for a sample of radioactive material to be considered innert. 45 billion years, three times as long as the universe has existed. Depleted uranium is only harmful close up, so it basically has to be touched. But put thousands of these rounds into the ground or on the surface and the problem becomes clear. It shouldn't be used for any purpose. "Well it's only radioactive within a half inch of the metal,." Yeah, for 45 billion years.

But again, depleted uranium was nothing more than satirical humor in my posts. And again if some here don't get humor or don't get my humor, who gives a shit.
When You Hear Someone Call an AR-15 an Assault Rifle, Show Them This

Where in the 2nd amendment does it mention "hunting"?

So let us see if we read you correctly.

You 'believe' that US citizens, armed with kitted fully auto AR-15s and AK-47s are going to be able to have a fair fight with the US military if push comes to shove. That's what you believe? That shit ended over 100 years ago. Even if every US citizen were so armed we'd lose in three days. I have friends that were in both Iraq wars and two that were in Afghan. I asked each seriously "what could the US population do if a platoon of M1 tanks comes rolling down the road?" All of them laughed and then motioned like they were putting down their rifles and putting their hands up. There is no option, there would be no fight. Both sides don't have muskets and cannons now, one side has rifles the other side has tanks, helicopters, drones, missiles, 13,000 aircraft, a navy, and nuclear weapons.

But this fantasy that gun lickers have, of being the modern day 'minutemen' is the one they cling to the most. It is fantasy on a galactic scale. It is denial of reality that renders people to an insane asylum for life. It is the equivalent of someone looking at those stats and odds and saying 'well we want it more'.

The 2nd amendment, regarding the people protecting themselves against our own military, is a place holder now. It has zero real-world value.

That was a lot of words and a tremendous amount of gun phobia, but still no answer to the simple question. Where in the 2nd amendment does it mention "hunting"?

I'll help you. It doesn't.

You can't follow a discussion which is fine, I'll know now.

First of all, with Regular over the counter soft points you would "cut the deer and half" much quicker than with armor piercing bullets. dip shit
Where do you think uranium comes from you dumbass motherfucker?
Get back to your safe space snowflake

not all 5.56 are armor piecing you know that right?
The Truth About M855 5.56 NATO Ammunition - The Truth About Guns

The supposed "ban" (which doesn't exist) applies only to green tip 5.56.
:lmao:
do you even know where the green tip is you stupid bastard?

What are you trying to ask me?

The "green tip" is on the end of the bullet.
Well that's the color, what do you think the bullet actually is?
It's a steel tipped lead bullet.

What is your point?
The M855 is copper-tipped. The lead core has a small steel cap.

m855.jpg

Katie Pavlich: What’s really behind the ban on AR-15 green-tip ammo?
The old joke about government covering up wrongdoing is, “Move along folks, nothing to see here.” But that’s exactly what the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) told Americans last week after being caught changing the rules to ban AR-15 M855 “green tip” ammunition without a proper public commenting period or congressional approval. This is no laughing matter.

Under the guise of law enforcement safety, the ATF introduced a “proposal” in February banning commonly used AR-15 green-tip ammunition, citing “armor piercing” capabilities as justification. The problem? The ATF had already changed the rules in its 2014 Regulation Guidebook, stripping the exemption.

When the discrepancy was pointed out and scrutinized, the ATF released a statement reassuring the public that no final decisions had been made about the ban, citing a “publishing mistake.”
“Nothing to analyze here folks, just a publishing mistake. No Armor Piercing ammo exemptions revoked,” the official ATF Headquarters Twitter account sent late Friday night

NRA-ILA | M855 Plot Thickens: Congressman Proposes Center-Fire Ammo Ban
...Now, the BATFE’s recent attempt to ban M855 has inspired gun control supporters to take another shot at a near-total center-fire bullet ban, and in the case of Rep. Israel, to do so without knowing the first thing about the subject. Israel says his bill is necessary “because of significant developments in bullet propellants, coatings and materials, such as Teflon.”

To which we have to ask: Seriously, Teflon? The substance used to coat skillets and 1970s-era all-steel handgun bullets invented for law enforcement officers, so the bullets wouldn’t scratch the rifling of the officers’ handgun barrels? Teflon, which has nothing to do with whether a bullet can penetrate a protective vest? Teflon (speaking of Clinton), the substance said to cover dishonest, misbehaving public officials who nevertheless skirt scrutiny and accountability again and again?

As we have previously noted, in the 38 years that the FBI has reported the caliber of handguns used to kill law enforcement officers, no such crime has been committed with a handgun capable of firing M855 or any other .223 or 5.56mm cartridge.

Rep. Israel is right about one thing, however. He says that the 1986 law that the BATFE tried to twist in order to ban M855 “is outdated.” Indeed, it is, but not in the way that Israel imagines. The law should be amended to narrow BATFE’s discretion to ban ammunition. It should be understood to cover only such bullets as are designed for the express purpose of penetrating protective vests when loaded into pistol-caliber cartridges and fired from handguns. It should further exempt all bullets that are primarily intended for any legitimate purpose, including self-defense....

This country is full of critical problems but you snowflakes want whine about ammo being banned.
Banning ammo/firearms just costs lives... and gives Anti-gun nutters like yourself wood...

This country is full of critical problems but you snowflakes want whine about ammo being banned.
Banning ammo/firearms just costs lives... and gives Anti-gun nutters like yourself wood...
lol um no it doesn't. At all.

They aren't "armor piercing," dumbass. They are merely copper jacketed, which is required by the Geneva Conventions. Of course, the does make them penetrate metal better than a lead round, but the military does not classify them as "armor piercing." Only dumbasses like you do.

Yes and tell us toothless what the bullet drop is and the grain and how about the metal content, or perhaps go into a three page dissertation on how .556 is not optimal for that round, .558 is because you are the expert and the military knows nothing!

You bungs just need desperately to see yourselves as 'knowing things' when all the information is easily available to anyone. It's called the internet and has been around for quite a while now. Check into it! You aren't weapons experts or ammo experts. Most of the minutiae that you know is meaningless, much like a Star Wars fan that knows what Han was wearing on Hoth. Who gives a shit. I, like many humans, infuse humor which is a humans way of laughing or causing others to laugh, into speech. Don't get my humor? Who gives a shit.

"Oh these funny 'lubruls' they'll say 'pull the trigger', HA! Nobody 'pulls' a trigger, if these idiots knew something they'd know you 'squeeze' the trigger. Thank god we're here to set the world and universe back into order after that gigantic calamity."

Who gives a shit.

If you already knew the information, then why do you and your fellow snowflakes go around calling ordinary copper jacketed bullets "armor piercing?" Did you believe we were too stupid to understand that your terminology was intended purely to scare the uninitiated? We constantly have to explain these things because shit stains like you keep lying and deliberately misinforming the public.

that's OK I'll use 6.8

That's a rather pricey decision.

This is just a leftover from Obama. He was very anti-American.

Many gun shops closed because of Obama. Ammunition was scarce, I think

because he had the government buying it.

LOL- the gun industry made mint off of gullible gun buyers during the Obama administration- because remember he stole all of your guns!

He definitely tried.

The supposed "ban" (which doesn't exist) applies only to green tip 5.56.
:lmao:
do you even know where the green tip is you stupid bastard?

What are you trying to ask me?

The "green tip" is on the end of the bullet.
Well that's the color, what do you think the bullet actually is?
It's a steel tipped lead bullet.

What is your point?
The M855 is copper-tipped. The lead core has a small steel cap.

m855.jpg

Katie Pavlich: What’s really behind the ban on AR-15 green-tip ammo?
The old joke about government covering up wrongdoing is, “Move along folks, nothing to see here.” But that’s exactly what the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) told Americans last week after being caught changing the rules to ban AR-15 M855 “green tip” ammunition without a proper public commenting period or congressional approval. This is no laughing matter.

Under the guise of law enforcement safety, the ATF introduced a “proposal” in February banning commonly used AR-15 green-tip ammunition, citing “armor piercing” capabilities as justification. The problem? The ATF had already changed the rules in its 2014 Regulation Guidebook, stripping the exemption.

When the discrepancy was pointed out and scrutinized, the ATF released a statement reassuring the public that no final decisions had been made about the ban, citing a “publishing mistake.”
“Nothing to analyze here folks, just a publishing mistake. No Armor Piercing ammo exemptions revoked,” the official ATF Headquarters Twitter account sent late Friday night

NRA-ILA | M855 Plot Thickens: Congressman Proposes Center-Fire Ammo Ban
...Now, the BATFE’s recent attempt to ban M855 has inspired gun control supporters to take another shot at a near-total center-fire bullet ban, and in the case of Rep. Israel, to do so without knowing the first thing about the subject. Israel says his bill is necessary “because of significant developments in bullet propellants, coatings and materials, such as Teflon.”

To which we have to ask: Seriously, Teflon? The substance used to coat skillets and 1970s-era all-steel handgun bullets invented for law enforcement officers, so the bullets wouldn’t scratch the rifling of the officers’ handgun barrels? Teflon, which has nothing to do with whether a bullet can penetrate a protective vest? Teflon (speaking of Clinton), the substance said to cover dishonest, misbehaving public officials who nevertheless skirt scrutiny and accountability again and again?

As we have previously noted, in the 38 years that the FBI has reported the caliber of handguns used to kill law enforcement officers, no such crime has been committed with a handgun capable of firing M855 or any other .223 or 5.56mm cartridge.

Rep. Israel is right about one thing, however. He says that the 1986 law that the BATFE tried to twist in order to ban M855 “is outdated.” Indeed, it is, but not in the way that Israel imagines. The law should be amended to narrow BATFE’s discretion to ban ammunition. It should be understood to cover only such bullets as are designed for the express purpose of penetrating protective vests when loaded into pistol-caliber cartridges and fired from handguns. It should further exempt all bullets that are primarily intended for any legitimate purpose, including self-defense....
When progressives Propose anything about firearms… They should be Ignored because they have their heads up their asses.

Been to several gun shows and their prices are high..
Both guns and ammo have come down a lot since Obama in 2013. Still, like gas prices shooting up, then coming down, the prices rarely come down to what they were in the past.

BTW, Obama was the best gun salesman in the world and the direct cause of why all gun manufacturing stock prices set record highs under his administration. Under Trump, they've fallen. Sad.

They aren't "armor piercing," dumbass. They are merely copper jacketed, which is required by the Geneva Conventions. Of course, the does make them penetrate metal better than a lead round, but the military does not classify them as "armor piercing." Only dumbasses like you do.

Yes and tell us toothless what the bullet drop is and the grain and how about the metal content, or perhaps go into a three page dissertation on how .556 is not optimal for that round, .558 is because you are the expert and the military knows nothing!

You bungs just need desperately to see yourselves as 'knowing things' when all the information is easily available to anyone. It's called the internet and has been around for quite a while now. Check into it! You aren't weapons experts or ammo experts. Most of the minutiae that you know is meaningless, much like a Star Wars fan that knows what Han was wearing on Hoth. Who gives a shit. I, like many humans, infuse humor which is a humans way of laughing or causing others to laugh, into speech. Don't get my humor? Who gives a shit.

"Oh these funny 'lubruls' they'll say 'pull the trigger', HA! Nobody 'pulls' a trigger, if these idiots knew something they'd know you 'squeeze' the trigger. Thank god we're here to set the world and universe back into order after that gigantic calamity."

Who gives a shit.

If you already knew the information, then why do you and your fellow snowflakes go around calling ordinary copper jacketed bullets "armor piercing?" Did you believe we were too stupid to understand that your terminology was intended purely to scare the uninitiated? We constantly have to explain these things because shit stains like you keep lying and deliberately misinforming the public.

Read the thread Donny Derpy.

lol um no it doesn't. At all.
Your anti-gun stance means you're compensating for shortcomings…

Forum List

Back