Democratic Senator uses Okla. tornado for anti-GOP rant over global warming

I'm still trying to figure out how enforcing pollution standards in one country (US) can prevent other countries like China from polluting the rest of the world? They have no anti-pollution programs and it looks like they are going to make anything we pump into the air and water look like cotton-candy and lolly-pops.

it is simple

just create pollution free zones

that mentality has worked out so well with guns

I'm still trying to figure out how enforcing pollution standards in one country (US) can prevent other countries like China from polluting the rest of the world? They have no anti-pollution programs and it looks like they are going to make anything we pump into the air and water look like cotton-candy and lolly-pops.

it's not about results, it's about feeling good. Enviro-LOLberals would essentially like to shut humanity down completely to "save" the planet. Meanwhile, most of them have the whole fascist stance on it. They want everyone to stop driving around, etc...but they do it too. It's the typical LOLberal stance of "do as I say, not as I do."

Or maybe a warming world is causing an increase in the severity of thunderstorms and that's producing more severe tornadoes than there used to be.

Annual%20Tornadoes%201950-2012(1).png

Sure, that's it.

BBC News - Climate slowdown means extreme rates of warming 'not as likely'

I know, dude, it's crazy. I can't remember a single time in my life where a tornado has ever touched down on the flattest part of America. I mean, the whole Tornado Alley thing is just a jocular play on words, like calling a bald guy Curly, or a right handed guy Lefty, you know? Crazy stuff.

Yes and it still snows in the winter time

Individually, you cannot pin a single storm on climate change. Collectively, there is a trend.

There sure is

Tornado activity hits 60-year low

Hitting Red States?

Hurricane Sandy hit a Red State?

Listen dumbass........when you have miles and miles of flat grassy plains, cold air from the North and warm air from the Gulf and no mountains to stop the winds and break them up you get tornadoes this time of year. Usually they begin to hit in March but this year has been colder than normal.

But of course colder weather means Global Warming to the low-information voter.

Google "Most"

Sandy was just one. Katrina was another.

Shall I go on???

Sandy was not a hurricane. When Sandy hit, it was nothing more than a tropical storm that barely reaches Cat 1.

Sandy was a Superstorm. Its devastation came from an arctic storm, not warm weather. Just like the tornado which was made out of late winter cold, not warm air.

How long will Republicans remain in denial?

Heat adds to the intensity of storms. Most storms are hitting Red States. How much longer can Republicans delude Red States into thinking it is just a myth?

"Of the 1000 tornadoes that occur each year, about 2% of them are rated EF4 or EF5. That means that there are as many as 20 devastating tornadoes each year." Exploring Weather Hurricanes Tornadoes Thunderstorms Floods Winter Storms Forecasting

The last ef5 was Joplin of 2011

List of F5 and EF5 tornadoes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Activity hasn't want up as tornado's of severity haven't increased over the past 100 years. The big deal is where it hit.

Hitting Red States?

Hurricane Sandy hit a Red State?

Listen dumbass........when you have miles and miles of flat grassy plains, cold air from the North and warm air from the Gulf and no mountains to stop the winds and break them up you get tornadoes this time of year. Usually they begin to hit in March but this year has been colder than normal.

But of course colder weather means Global Warming to the low-information voter.

Google "Most"

Sandy was just one. Katrina was another.

Shall I go on???

1900 Galveston hurricane
1915 Galveston hurricane
1926 Miami hurricane
1928 Miami hurricane
1935 hurricane
1938 Long island hurricane
1944 New England hurricane
1954 Hurricane Hazel
1958 Gracie(cat4)
1960 Hurricane donna
1964 Hurricane
1969 Hurricane Camille
1989 Hurricane Hugo
1992 Hurricane Andrew
1996 Hurricane Fran
1998 Hurricane Mitch, George, etc
1999 Hurricane Floyd, Irene
2002 Hurricane lily
2003 Hurricane Isabel
2004 hurricane Charley, Ivan, Jeanne, Frances
2005 Katrina, Rita, Wilma, etc
2008 Ike
2011 Hurricane Irene
2012 Sandy,

No activity hasn't increased

Lets just give the far left a handful of the most spacious states and let them have at it.......they can go for it with all their fantasy shit. Somebody should propose a bill......give these assholes ALL of Utah, Washington, Idaho, Montana and throw in Colorado!!! The United States of k00k. They get everything and can be miserable all they want.....but leave the rest of us alone. Dang.....I'll even send a yearly donation.

I saw Meteorologist Joe Bastardi (an East Coast weather icon) going apoplectic about this yesterday because as he points out, large and long-lived, frequent tornadoes peaked in the 50s/60s/70s and we have less severe storms than from decades past. Why? We're in a climatic condition now where there are cooler than average Atlantic waters and warmer than average Pacific waters - which impacts short term climates.

This year of course we don't have an El Nino or La Nina, so we're in a neutral phase. Drought persistent in the Southwest, drier than normal in the Great Lakes.

I know, dude, it's crazy. I can't remember a single time in my life where a tornado has ever touched down on the flattest part of America. I mean, the whole Tornado Alley thing is just a jocular play on words, like calling a bald guy Curly, or a right handed guy Lefty, you know? Crazy stuff.

Or maybe a warming world is causing an increase in the severity of thunderstorms and that's producing more severe tornadoes than there used to be.

Annual%20Tornadoes%201950-2012(1).png

Interesting chart. Does it take into account the much better levels of technology which made more tornadoes detected since then? No didn't think so.. Let's add some perspective shall we...

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/04/28/us/tornado-deaths.html?_r=0

The Deadliest Years
At least 122 people were killed in a tornado outbreak on May 22, bringing the year’s total to nearly 500 and making it the deadliest year since 1953, when 519 people were killed.

So in 1953 they had more deaths from tornadoes making it not necessarily worse today than it was then got it...

More perspective.. Oklahoma specifically..

Mesonet | EarthStorm

AnnNoTornado.gif

Seems tornadoes in Oklahoma from 1950 to 2005 do not show a steady or constant increase but rather show a pattern of up and down...

More perspective. Strong or violent tornadoes 1950 to 2005 ..

Tornadoes.jpg

Seems a gain its not a clear increase, but rather number rose and fell...

The point is a chart pulled arbitrarily and out of context isn't the only information on it. ANd other information paints a different picture..

Forum List

Back