Democrat who comforted soldier's widow accuses Trump's chief of staff of using racist term against h

And by the way, this thread is about whether the term "empty barrel" is a racist term.
And as we've shown, it is not.

And yet he called this widow back in April, so it would appear your claim is incorrect.

Widow of first soldier slain under Trump releases phone call

No my claim is in no way incorrect ...you are one of those Bull shit consumers who will make an excuse for Trump if he shoots someone on 5 th Avenue ...you are submissive to Bull shit

In the hours after President Donald Trump said on an Oct. 17 radio broadcast that he had contacted nearly every family that had lost a military servicemember this year, the White House was hustling to learn from the Pentagon the identities and contact information for those families, according to an internal Defense Department email.

The email exchange, which has not been previously reported, shows that senior White House aides were aware on the day the president made the statement that it was not accurate — but that they should try to make it accurate as soon as possible, given the gathering controversy.

Not only had the president not contacted virtually all the families of military personnel killed this year, the White House did not even have an up-to-date list of those who had been killed.

Pentagon Document Contradicts Trump’s Gold Star Claims

Email undermines veracity of president’s statement about Gold Star contacts
Exclusive: Pentagon Document Contradicts Trump’s Gold Star Claims

There are a lot of things you have said to me and about me. Are you prepared to fix all those things?

Did I call you anything comparable? On most forums that is an instant lifetime ban.

Edit it, or admit being a hateful race-baiting hypocrite.

I am not going to admit to a damn thing I am not. There are far too many things you have said about blacks at go way beyond the mother fucking pale for you to dare call someone else hateful or a race baiter,.

Since you haven't been able to prove the term is racist, you need to admit you are wrong.

I have stated why the term has been said to be racist. It was done exactly as I said. So I dom't need to admit to anything.

You have failed to produce any evidence to show that this is a racist term. It's unfortunate you are not honorable enough to admit that you are wrong.

According to Quora, “empty barrel” was referenced by Shakespeare when the Bard used a similar term upon writing that “an empty vessel makes the loudest sound.” However, the old term could have originated with Plato when noting that loud empty vessels have the least wit but are the greatest babblers. However, others point to the Romans as the originators of a term related to an “empty barrel” when they noted that “empty pots make the most noise.”

Whoever came up with the “empty barrel” terminology, it is meant to be an insult, meaning the person is loud without much content. However, there were no readily findable definitions that deemed “empty barrel” as a racist term. Wilson denied being in Congress when funding for the building at the center of the “empty barrel” comment was appropriated. It wasn’t the first time that Kelly had used the “empty barrel” term, according to Fox News. Kelly got the “empty barrels” term from his mother.

‘Empty Barrel’ A Racist Term According To Dictionary Definition’s Meaning, Says Frederica Wilson

Like what you say changes the fact of how whites in Boston used that term during the school bussiing riots.

That's not what she's saying, she's claiming the term " empty barrel" is a racist term.
thank you for not denying that Kelly lied about her.

So let's see what she said that made her an empty barrel. This is the lie Kelly told:
"A congresswoman stood up, and in a long tradition of empty barrels making the most noise, stood up there in all of that and talked about how she was instrumental in getting the funding for that building, and how she took care of her constituents because she got the money, and she just called up President Obama, and on that phone call, he gave the money — the $20 million — to build the building, and she sat down, and we were stunned.”

She NEVER said anything about funding the building, but she was very instrumental in NAMING the building to HONOR the 2 fallen agents, which was lauded by Comey at the dedication ceremony saying, “Rep. Wilson truly did the impossible, and we are eternally grateful”!!! That to Trumpist lying scum Kelly is a traditional empty barrel.
Then at the ceremony, rather than sit down Wilson recognized the sacrifice of the agents who were killed and talked about the danger FBI personnel face every day. She then asked all law enforcement personnel and first responders to stand up “so we can applaud you for what you do" and saying “We are proud of you, we are proud of your courage.” But to Kelly that is the noise of an empty barrel.

And that is what lying scum Kelly is really attacking her for.

You're still not answering the question as to why howdy doody believes "empty barrel" is a racist term.
Would lying scum Kelly have used that insulting term to describe a white Congresswoman who honored FBI agents at a dedication?
That IS low...but I don't see it as racist.
Racists see Blacks as empty vessels.
Racists liked calling Obama an empty suit, now the Racist Right is calling this black congresswoman an empty barrel.

obama-empty-suit.jpg
^This is as dumb as it gets Democrats.

You won't find a Republican this stupid.

There are a lot of things you have said to me and about me. Are you prepared to fix all those things?

Did I call you anything comparable? On most forums that is an instant lifetime ban.

I am not going to admit to a damn thing I am not. There are far too many things you have said about blacks at go way beyond the mother fucking pale for you to dare call someone else hateful or a race baiter,.

Since you haven't been able to prove the term is racist, you need to admit you are wrong.

I have stated why the term has been said to be racist. It was done exactly as I said. So I dom't need to admit to anything.

It's not a racist term. You have failed to produce evidence of it's racist nature.
You saying it's racist doesn't have any merit. You must produce evidence that this term has only been applied to belittle black people.

By not admitting to being wrong, you heavily damage your credibility here.

But it is because of who used it.,

The fact is that Trump lied when he talked about Presidents calling the Gold Star families. He lied when he called the Congresswoman a liar. He then sent out Kelly who lied. And he called the widow of that fallen soldiers a liar this morning.
Just how far does Trump need to go before you asshole, Gold Star haters call Trump out?

And yet he called this widow back in April, so it would appear your claim is incorrect.

Widow of first soldier slain under Trump releases phone call

No my claim is in no way incorrect ...you are one of those Bull shit consumers who will make an excuse for Trump if he shoots someone on 5 th Avenue ...you are submissive to Bull shit

In the hours after President Donald Trump said on an Oct. 17 radio broadcast that he had contacted nearly every family that had lost a military servicemember this year, the White House was hustling to learn from the Pentagon the identities and contact information for those families, according to an internal Defense Department email.

The email exchange, which has not been previously reported, shows that senior White House aides were aware on the day the president made the statement that it was not accurate — but that they should try to make it accurate as soon as possible, given the gathering controversy.

Not only had the president not contacted virtually all the families of military personnel killed this year, the White House did not even have an up-to-date list of those who had been killed.

Pentagon Document Contradicts Trump’s Gold Star Claims

Email undermines veracity of president’s statement about Gold Star contacts
Exclusive: Pentagon Document Contradicts Trump’s Gold Star Claims

However, he did at least contact this widow back in April before any of this controversy.

You have failed to produce any evidence to show that this is a racist term. It's unfortunate you are not honorable enough to admit that you are wrong.

According to Quora, “empty barrel” was referenced by Shakespeare when the Bard used a similar term upon writing that “an empty vessel makes the loudest sound.” However, the old term could have originated with Plato when noting that loud empty vessels have the least wit but are the greatest babblers. However, others point to the Romans as the originators of a term related to an “empty barrel” when they noted that “empty pots make the most noise.”

Whoever came up with the “empty barrel” terminology, it is meant to be an insult, meaning the person is loud without much content. However, there were no readily findable definitions that deemed “empty barrel” as a racist term. Wilson denied being in Congress when funding for the building at the center of the “empty barrel” comment was appropriated. It wasn’t the first time that Kelly had used the “empty barrel” term, according to Fox News. Kelly got the “empty barrels” term from his mother.

‘Empty Barrel’ A Racist Term According To Dictionary Definition’s Meaning, Says Frederica Wilson

Like what you say changes the fact of how whites in Boston used that term during the school bussiing riots.

Prove it then.
You saying it was used doesn't mean jack shit.

CNN could find no such use of the term being racist.

John Kelly called Frederica Wilson an 'empty barrel.' Is that racist?

"In an interview on CNN's "New Day" Friday morning, Wilson alleged that "empty barrel" is a "racist term." She didn't explain why."

A search through the Internet shows that the origin of the line is somewhat fuzzy -- although it is commonly credited to Plato in this form: "An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers." (One interesting thing: There is no citation of what work Plato wrote those words in.)

No one in the ADS mentioned any racial ties to the word. And there's nothing available to the amateur Internet sleuth that would suggest there is any sort of racial connotation tied to the phrase either. An email to Wilson's office seeking an answer to why Wilson believed the term to be racist was not returned.
One theory: MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell devoted almost 20 minutes of his show on Thursday night to Kelly, Wilson and "empty barrel." O'Donnell suggested that due to Kelly's boyhood in a Boston neighborhood that was still largely segregated, his choice of words to describe Wilson was intentionally "dehumaniz(ing)" to the congresswoman.
"She was nothing but an empty barrel to him," said O'Donnell. "He refused to give her the dignity of a name."
That feels like a stretch based on what I've learned about the term "empty barrel." It's clear that Kelly meant to put Wilson down as a show horse, as someone who talks loudly but does nothing. That put-down felt decidedly out of place amid Kelly's plea to keep politics out of the loss of a soldier's life. But, as far as I can tell, it's wrong to call what Kelly said racist.

John Kelly called Frederica Wilson an 'empty barrel.' Is that racist?…

It's not a racist term. You have failed to produce evidence of it's racist nature.
You saying it's racist doesn't have any merit. You must produce evidence that this term has only been applied to belittle black people.

Sorry, that doesn't work.

The term is not racist, and people like you trying to make such a claim, urinates all over true racist events.

The term is not racist, and people like you trying to make such a claim, urinates all over true racist events.

So, if where you grew up, you referred to black people as say "burn outs" and you called a black person that name, I have news, that would be racist.

QUIT DEFENDING THE RACIST FUCKS.

My God people. Racism is disgusting, ignorant & has no place in America. Man up & quit supporting it 24/7.

https://www.alternet.org/ne...

Said Myeshia Johnson: “Very upset and hurt; it made me cry even worse.”

Yes we know she was upset, and it certainly appears Trump did a poor job when he communicated with her.

But this thread is NOT about that. This thread is about whether the claims of the Congresswoman that "empty barrel" is racist is correct or not, and as shown, the phrase is not.

So, if where you grew up, you referred to black people as say "burn outs" and you called a black person that name, I have news, that would be racist.

My God people. Racism is disgusting, ignorant & has no place in America. Man up & quit supporting it 24/7.

There's no proof that the term was used to describe black people. The above poster wants us all to believe it was used in a neighborhood in Boston. Well there's no proof of that, and even if it was used in some minor instance, the accepted meaning worldwide gas NOTHING to do with a particular race.

It's fine, the above pister has made a mistake, she simply needs to admit it, then we will move on.

There's no proof that the term was used to describe black people. The above poster wants us all to believe it was used in a neighborhood in Boston. Well there's no proof of that, and even if it was used in some minor instance, the accepted meaning worldwide gas NOTHING to do with a particular race.

It's fine, the above pister has made a mistake, she simply needs to admit it, then we will move on.

This was a term used in Boston during the bussing riots by whites in a racially derogatory manner towards blacks. You guys argue that the N word isn't racist so I am not gong to argue here. I am simply going to repeat the facts. So while you want to argue about this, the reality is Kelly told a fucking lie.

This was a term used in Boston during the bussing riots by whites in a racially derogatory manner towards blacks. You guys argue that the N word isn't racist so I am not gong to argue here. I am simply going to repeat the facts. So while you want to argue about this, the reality is Kelly told a fucking lie.

First of all, who is saying the "N" word is NOT racist? I don't know ANYONE who believes that. You say "you guys" argue it's not.
Show us examples of that here.

Second, your claim that "empty barrel" was used during some riots aimed exclusively at black people, is just an empty claim. Show us the proof, or shut the fuck up.

Lastly, unless your credibility is completely unimportant, you need to admit your mistake and then we'll move on.

Ready this morning to admit you're wrong, or are you simply going to continue to deny facts?

Wow, there is just no end to your defense of racist fucks.
Now you claim a term can not be racist unless it is considered as such worldwide.

The person who said it was there in that "minor instance" so yes , it is relative.

Forum List

Back