Democrat Politics: Full-on Emotion

Lol sure SOME are charitable, but the Bible makes it clear rich people have no place in heaven which means they must give away their wealth. Oh and of course Jesus makes it clear to be charitable to the poor. You're in denial.

The Bible makes no such claim. This is your false interpretation of something. Being charitable is not exclusive to Liberals or there would be no charity to speak of. Have you never heard of the Salvation Army or Helping Hands? Some of the greatest charity on earth is done by religious followers and they are not all liberals.
I never said there weren't religious charitable institutions. What are you talking about? I am just pointing out that the Bible has said man must be charitable to the poor and rich people can't get into heaven.

just pointing out that the Bible has said man must be charitable to the poor and rich people can't get into heaven.

Agree that we are supposed to be charitable. DISAGREE the Bible says rich people can't get into heaven. You are misinterpreting a scripture.

Also... being "charitable" does not include being charitable with the money of others.

just pointing out that the Bible has said man must be charitable to the poor and rich people can't get into heaven.

Agree that we are supposed to be charitable. DISAGREE the Bible says rich people can't get into heaven. You are misinterpreting a scripture.

Also... being "charitable" does not include being charitable with the money of others.
Oh really? And just how does that camel get through the eye of the needle?

Liberal politicians play on this and exploit the emotive reactions of their base. They draw up the arguments as emotional clap trap and appeal to the bleeding hearts.

Conservatives are no different.

That's why Trump can say retarded things like "We will build a wall and Mexico will pay for it," and his supporters believe this nonsense.

It's not a liberal thing or a conservative thing. Cognitive bias a human thing.

A good psychologist would understand this most basic human condition.

Understand the condition. Lots of people are emotionally weak. My point is not people but politics. The Liberal left exploits emotional weakness.

In your case, we exploit mental weakness, social weakness and physical weakness all at the same time. Hoping someone gets raped is a symptom of all 3 syndromes.

Could you give me a link or a direction, any kind of info on that rape post? I had a little tiff with Boss in another thread and I've become very curious about the relationship between his profession and his posting style, there seems to be way more anger, bigotry, egotism etc. than I would expect a Psychologist to display in public. Anyway if you could direct me to that post somehow it might help with my amateur psychoanalysis of him.

The post was removed by the mods and I was censured for 5 days. It continues to be brought up against stated board policy and despite my reports to the mods. I guess there is a double standard at USMB when it comes to these things but oh fucking well.

In another thread, discussing terrorism and combating ISIS, I made the comment that I hoped candycorn and assclown's daughter would be raped and brutalized like the Swedish woman who's picture I posted, which was reported worldwide by Reuters. Mods thought I made a threat and the picture was "morbid" and violated board rules... fair enough, but it shouldn't be allowed for them to continue raising the post which has now been removed. I did my time, I paid the price, I should be allowed to move on in peace without harassment.

Now... the comments I made were not emotional, they were pragmatic. I don't wish ISIS terror upon these people because I am emotional but because I think that is the only way they are ever going to pull their heads out of the sand and fight. Until it hits home in a fundamental way, they will remain cowards who bash those trying to defeat it.

Sad story, if there was one person on these forums who I thought didn't detest those violent barbaric motherf***ers and wish for their demise... well it would be sadder. And more believable. As it stands now I haven't seen any sign of an Isis apologist or anyone who ignores their brutality. You sure these Isis lovers aren't all in your head? Anyway I think you should be allowed to move on in peace,
adhhab bisalam, al-Hamdu lillah!

Again, you are misinterpreting a scripture. Jesus is explaining how worldly riches will not get you into heaven. You see, lots of rulers and pharaohs of the time thought if they built massive pyramids adorned with gold, this would raise them into heaven. He never said rich people can't go to heaven. And again (since you avoided it) being "charitable" with other people's money is not charity. It's theft and according to the scriptures, a sin.

That's why Trump can say retarded things like "We will build a wall and Mexico will pay for it," and his supporters believe this nonsense.

Understand the condition. Lots of people are emotionally weak. My point is not people but politics. The Liberal left exploits emotional weakness.

In your case, we exploit mental weakness, social weakness and physical weakness all at the same time. Hoping someone gets raped is a symptom of all 3 syndromes.

Could you give me a link or a direction, any kind of info on that rape post? I had a little tiff with Boss in another thread and I've become very curious about the relationship between his profession and his posting style, there seems to be way more anger, bigotry, egotism etc. than I would expect a Psychologist to display in public. Anyway if you could direct me to that post somehow it might help with my amateur psychoanalysis of him.

The post was removed by the mods and I was censured for 5 days. It continues to be brought up against stated board policy and despite my reports to the mods. I guess there is a double standard at USMB when it comes to these things but oh fucking well.

In another thread, discussing terrorism and combating ISIS, I made the comment that I hoped candycorn and assclown's daughter would be raped and brutalized like the Swedish woman who's picture I posted, which was reported worldwide by Reuters. Mods thought I made a threat and the picture was "morbid" and violated board rules... fair enough, but it shouldn't be allowed for them to continue raising the post which has now been removed. I did my time, I paid the price, I should be allowed to move on in peace without harassment.

Now... the comments I made were not emotional, they were pragmatic. I don't wish ISIS terror upon these people because I am emotional but because I think that is the only way they are ever going to pull their heads out of the sand and fight. Until it hits home in a fundamental way, they will remain cowards who bash those trying to defeat it.

Sad story, if there was one person on these forums who I thought didn't detest those violent barbaric motherf***ers and wish for their demise... well it would be sadder. And more believable. As it stands now I haven't seen any sign of an Isis apologist or anyone who ignores their brutality. You sure these Isis lovers aren't all in your head? Anyway I think you should be allowed to move on in peace,

Well.. your Muslim president wants to allow upwards of 1,300 of them into our country under the guise of "Syrian refugees" against all the protests and statements from his own FBI that it's impossible to vet them. Democrat leaders will not even use the term "radical Islamic terrorism" because they fear offending Muslims.

Yeah, you fuckwits are opposed to their barbarism... you blame it on GWB and the Republicans! Then you rush out to change your profile pictures when something horrific happens in France. The problem is, you want to WISH for their demise and I actually want to go and kill them.

Well.. your Muslim president wants to allow upwards of 1,300 of them into our country under the guise of "Syrian refugees" against all the protests and statements from his own FBI that it's impossible to vet them. Democrat leaders will not even use the term "radical Islamic terrorism" because they fear offending Muslims.

Yeah, you fuckwits are opposed to their barbarism... you blame it on GWB and the Republicans! Then you rush out to change your profile pictures when something horrific happens in France. The problem is, you want to WISH for their demise and I actually want to go and kill them.

What happened to facts?

Is president Obama a Muslim?

Is he not your president as well?

The reason some don't opt to use "radical Islamic" as a qualifier is only to avoid offending Muslims?

You want to give and kill them? No shit! When are you leaving?

You are avoiding my simple challenge regarding your claim that I am "devoid of facts". Why is that?

Again, you are misinterpreting a scripture. Jesus is explaining how worldly riches will not get you into heaven. You see, lots of rulers and pharaohs of the time thought if they built massive pyramids adorned with gold, this would raise them into heaven. He never said rich people can't go to heaven. And again (since you avoided it) being "charitable" with other people's money is not charity. It's theft and according to the scriptures, a sin.
I think you just choose to interpret it that
way. There is no context for it other than the words speaking for themselves. What exactly do you mean by other people's money and theft? What are you referring to?

way. There is no context for it other than the words speaking for themselves. What exactly do you mean by other people's money and theft? What are you referring to?

Well no, I am interpreting the entire story where the verse comes from in the context Jesus presented it. You are parsing out the verse to make an irrelevant point. Words cannot speak for themselves, they always have context.

Taking the property (money) of someone else is theft. Thou shalt not steal is a commandment. So when you advocate using the government to take my money, regardless of the reason, you are committing theft. If I confront you in an alley with a gun and take your wallet, does it matter if I give the contents to a homeless person? Are you any less a victim of theft?

Well no, I am interpreting the entire story where the verse comes from in the context Jesus presented it. You are parsing out the verse to make an irrelevant point. Words cannot speak for themselves, they always have context.

Taking the property (money) of someone else is theft. Thou shalt not steal is a commandment. So when you advocate using the government to take my money, regardless of the reason, you are committing theft. If I confront you in an alley with a gun and take your wallet, does it matter if I give the contents to a homeless person? Are you any less a victim of theft?
So does that mean you are okay with the government not maintaining our highways, public schools, military, and all law enforcement entities?

Hey Boss ,

Here is another fact.

You are more likely to be killed by lightning than by a member of ISIS.

Are you going to stay inside for the rest of your life?
Those may be the odds now but that can change. I mean, that stat refers to terrorism in general. ISIS wants to attack Americans specifically with as big as means as possible.

Liberal politicians play on this and exploit the emotive reactions of their base. They draw up the arguments as emotional clap trap and appeal to the bleeding hearts.

As does Trump.

His supporters are emotionally weak. They scare easy. They think that terrorism is going to get them. Terrorists don't care what happens in most places of Republican support. They aren't going to blow up farms in Alabama.

And mentally weak as well. Trump's supporters tend to be less educated than the average voter.

As a psychologist who is fascinated with the human mind and how it works, I find politics have an interesting tie in. Specifically, the politics of the liberal left who now dominate the democrat party. The universal theme driving their politics is emotionalism. Plain and simple. We've all heard the term "bleeding heart liberal" and this is synonymous with the politics of emotionalism.

that's funny given the hysteria on the right.

As a psychologist who is fascinated with the human mind and how it works, I find politics have an interesting tie in. Specifically, the politics of the liberal left who now dominate the democrat party. The universal theme driving their politics is emotionalism. Plain and simple. We've all heard the term "bleeding heart liberal" and this is synonymous with the politics of emotionalism.

It's interesting, the term "bleeding heart" actually comes from the Bible, which most "bleeding heart liberals" have no familiarity with whatsoever, as they are secularist, agnostic or atheistic.

Romans 9:16 - Compassion doesn't originate in our bleeding hearts or moral sweat, but in God's mercy.

And perhaps this is the difference between a "bleeding heart liberal" and a religious right-winger? The liberal feels a moral responsibility to be the stewards of compassion while the religious rightie leaves it in God's hands. I'm a Spiritualist, so I remains somewhat in the middle on this. I feel that we all have some responsibility for our fellow man but at the same time, I also feel that the natural order of the universe sorts things out in the end.

There is a danger in allowing government authority to implement compassion through emotionalism. It's really not any different than a Christian sending $100 to the PTL Club in hopes that it will change lives and make a difference in the world. It may help to ease our conscience but it really doesn't amount to much actual change. However, ceding this authority to the government can really backfire and have dismal consequences. Not only does it not make much difference, it sacrifices personal freedom and liberty for the sake of feeling good.

It's almost always more wise to think with your head and not your heart. Thinking with your heart and allowing emotions to control your actions leads to careening your car into a ditch to avoid hitting a helpless rabbit in the road. Sure, you saved the rabbit but at what cost? Sometimes it is better to avoid your emotional reaction for a hot minute and think pragmatically about the overall situation. Liberals don't understand this because their entire moral foundation is based on self gratification instead of a higher power.

It makes them feel good to know that their politicians are going to feed the hungry, give shelter to the homeless, care for the sick... pay off all the student loans and dole out free cell phones. They can lay their empty little heads on their pillow at night and sleep well knowing they did their part to support those who care and oppose those who don't care. It doesn't matter that the actual conditions aren't changed or that they gave away more freedom and liberty, the intention is all that is important.

Liberal politicians play on this and exploit the emotive reactions of their base. They draw up the arguments as emotional clap trap and appeal to the bleeding hearts. And the bleeding hearts respond because it makes them feel good about themselves. Most liberals are convinced those on the right want to starve school children because they want to reform the school lunch program to eliminate waste and abuse. The right wants people to die of illness in the streets because they don't support socialized health care. They don't care about the needy and poor because they want to balance the federal budget. They want to push Granny off the cliff because they want to make Social Security solvent for the future. Across the board, pragmatism is met with emotionalism.
Lol are you kidding me? Man is commanded in the Bible to be charitable to the poor. Wealthy people have no place in heaven. They belong in Hell for their apparent selfishness. Jesus was biggest liberal that ever lived. It's so laughable the right-wing doesn't see that.

I happen to know quite a few very wealthy people and I am willing to bet any amount of money you'd like to wager that they all contribute more to charity each year than you. Wealthy people are generally very charitable.

Jesus wasn't a liberal. Liberals like to give away other people's money. Jesus didn't believe in that. Jesus believed in people being accountable and bearing responsibility for their actions. Liberals believe the opposite, that everyone is a victim and no one should be held accountable for anything... unless they are rich republicans... then they think they get to have a say on who gets into heaven.
Lol sure SOME are charitable, but the Bible makes it clear rich people have no place in heaven which means they must give away their wealth. Oh and of course Jesus makes it clear to be charitable to the poor. You're in denial.

Thanks for proving you have no understanding of the Bible or it's teachings.

You're right.

Jesus preached venerating the rich and bombing other countries.

Hey Boss ,

Here is another fact.

Those may be the odds now but that can change. I mean, that stat refers to terrorism in general. ISIS wants to attack Americans specifically with as big as means as possible.

Not the point. You can be frightened if you want....all I'm doing is appealing to the pragmatic nature of the idiot OP.

If you are afraid of Islamic terrorists killing you but not heart disease, drunk drivers or domestic terrorists, you are letting your emotions get the best of you.

We are simply dealing in facts here.

Hey Boss ,

Here is another fact.

Not the point. You can be frightened if you want....all I'm doing is appealing to the pragmatic nature of the idiot OP.

If you are afraid of Islamic terrorists killing you but not heart disease, drunk drivers or domestic terrorists, you are letting your emotions get the best of you.

I suppose I see ISIS as not so much a threat to myself, but the nation as a whole.

Hey Boss ,

Here is another fact.

I suppose I see ISIS as not so much a threat to myself, but the nation as a whole.

Again.....we are not on the same page. I'm simply engaging Boss in a fact battle. He doesn't want to play. He's a pussy.

Hey Boss ,

Here is another fact.

Again.....we are not on the same page. I'm simply engaging Boss in a fact battle. He doesn't want to play. He's a pussy.
No argument there...

Well go ahead...go and kill them. There's lots of other lunatic wanna-be killers over there. You want to be a foreign fighter with the rest of those assholes who's stopping ya? Say, you're a "Psychologist" right? Is that "normal"? I mean to magnify normally overlooked petty differences in the definitions of two words like "wish" and "want" just to deny shared self-interest, doesn't that like-wise magnify the danger posed by a shared enemy? Doesn't that demonstrate emotional incompetency and isn't it embracing endless conflict? Oh never mind. I already know the tribal myths and mores you will go to any length to conserve will destroy your country. It's a shame.

Forum List

Back