Democracy @ Work...

Irosie -

No, I'm not jealous; I am just literate. Posting accurately and coherently not only allows people to understand your point, but also serves as a method of persuasion.

I have yet to read a post consisting of gibberish, made-up words and poor grammar that I found in any way compelling - and I think you will find this is true of most posters.

To get back to the topic - in my experience of the Middle East, there is as much racism, xenophobia and ignorance about other peoples there as there is in any other part of the world. The Turks traditionally have poor relationships with Armenians and Kurds despite having much in common; likewise Iranians with Iraqis.

In no case does this make any one group better than any other.
Your "grammar" is correct but the only thing you've convinced people of is that you're STILL an ignorant fucking moron. Iranians and Iraqis have very little in common other than they are both Shi'ites. They are different genetically, historically, culturally, and speak different languages.

Roudy -

Here is a link to some info on Ma'Loula. You might want to make note of this sentence:

"It is known as the last surviving place where Western Aramaic (Aramaic of Jesus) is still spoken."

Ma'loula - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Really? How about you shut the fuck up with your ignorance, you illiterate fucking moron? Was the grammar correct there? Ha ha ha!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurdish_Jews

Kurdish Jews or Kurdistani Jews (Hebrew: יהודי כורדיסטן*, Yehudei Kurdistan, lit. Jews of Kurdistan; Aramaic: יהודיא, Hozaye; Kurdish: Kurdên cihû) are the ancient Eastern Jewish communities, inhabiting the region known as Kurdistan in northern Mesopotamia, roughly covering parts of Iran, northern Iraq, Syria and eastern Turkey. Their clothing and culture is similar to neighbouring Kurdish Muslims and Christian Assyrians. Until their immigration to Israel in the 1940s and early 1950s, the Jews of Kurdistan lived as closed ethnic communities. Kurdish Jews largely spoke Aramaic, with some speaking native Kurdish dialects. For example, in Iraqi Kurdistan, they spoke both Aramaic and the Kurmanji dialect. After coming to Israel however, those who spoke Kurmanji switched over to Aramaic. Today, the large majority of Kurdish Jews and their descendants live in Israel.

http://www.ekurd.net/mismas/articles/misc2005/4/kurdisrael1.htm

The passion of Aramaic-Kurdish Jews brought Aramaic to Israel 15.4.2005
By JAY BUSHINSKY

Trying to unravel the mysteries of Aramaic is like embarking on an odyssey across the deserts, mountains and valleys of the Middle East and onwards to Europe and North America.

It is an intellectual adventure that leads to an array of secular scholars, devout clergy and laymen - Jewish and Christian - who are experts in the history of these Semitic languages, which in some places still survive. They tell of Israeli rock groups that sing modern Aramaic songs, of popular radio and TV programs in Aramaic or Syriac broadcast in Canada, the US and Scandinavia and of remote villages in Syria and Iraq, where Aramaic, rather than Arabic, is the local vernacular.

Aramaic is revered by Jews because it alternates with Hebrew in the later books of the Bible, is the Talmud's principal tongue and comprises several of Judaism's most important prayers, including the mourners' kaddish. Christians respect it as the language spoken by Jesus Christ and his apostles, while its eastern version, Syriac, is used in the liturgies of the ancient churches of Iraq and Syria. Kurdish Jews brought Aramaic with them from northern Iraq, Iran and Turkey to Israel, where it is still spoken at home by the older generation, in much the same way Ashkenazi Jews speak Yiddish with their parents or grandparents. But they also regard it as evidence of their being descendants of the "Ten Lost Tribes" who were deported by the Assyrians nearly a century before the two remaining tribes of Judea were expelled by the Babylonians.

Last edited:
Iranians and Iraqis have very little in common other than they are both Shi'ites. They are different genetically, historically, culturally, and speak different languages.

Exactly, Roudy, exactly - they do share very strong religious ties, amongst other things.

Likewise Kurds and Turks, Azeris and Iranians and even Israelis and Palestinians actually have very much in common at a cultural level - but are kept apart by ignorance the xenophobia.

Exactly the same kind of xenophobia and ignorance you peddle on this site, as it happens.

Iranians and Iraqis have very little in common other than they are both Shi'ites. They are different genetically, historically, culturally, and speak different languages.

Exactly, Roudy, exactly - they do share very strong religious ties, amongst other things.

Likewise Kurds and Turks, Azeris and Iranians and even Israelis and Palestinians actually have very much in common at a cultural level - but are kept apart by ignorance the xenophobia.

Exactly the same kind of xenophobia and ignorance you peddle on this site, as it happens.
Does xenophobia have a tie to misantrophy? After all some people love Jews but hate Zionists. And the footbone is connected to the neckbone. What a revoltin' development.

Hossfly -

I sense you wish to make a point, but at this stage I have no idea what it is.

Please "love Jews" but "hate Zionists"? Really?

I don't get that. I would say many people have no problem with Jews at all but may "hate Zionists". I don't see anything wrong with that.

Hossfly -

I sense you wish to make a point, but at this stage I have no idea what it is.

Please "love Jews" but "hate Zionists"? Really?

I don't get that. I would say many people have no problem with Jews at all but may "hate Zionists". I don't see anything wrong with that.
Ohhh, Nellie! Didn't get the point. Fascinating.

Hosslfy -

No, I have no idea what you are trying to say.

But I dare say that if it is a good point, either you or someone else will want to come out with it sooner or later.

Does xenophobia have a tie to misantrophy? After all some people love Jews but hate Zionists. And the footbone is connected to the neckbone. What a revoltin' development.

I have to admit, your down home west by god virgini 3rd grade education your friends accuse me of is comical. Although I cant spill Xenophobia is what most Israelis are: The fear of foreigners a Mass Psychosis...a misanthrope is someone like Sayit AKA Sniffer he hates humanity for causing so much pain on Jews.

In both cases, I sympathize and agree with their justification.

Last edited:

Tee hee! All those groups you mentioned have very little in common historically and culturally, and are totally different tribes. What's interesting about you is you love to broadcast your ignorance.

I have to admit, your down home west by god virgini 3rd grade education your friends accuse me of is comical. Although I cant spill Xenophobia is what most Israelis are: The fear of foreigners a Mass Psychosis...

You know nothing of "what most Israelis are," PBrain because you're a ragin' idiot. Remember? It all in your tiny pinhead.

Tee hee! All those groups you mentioned have very little in common historically and culturally, and are totally different tribes. What's interesting about you is you love to broadcast your ignorance.

In fact he's remarkably proud of it.

I have to admit, your down home west by god virgini 3rd grade education your friends accuse me of is comical. Although I cant spill Xenophobia is what most Israelis are: The fear of foreigners a Mass Psychosis...

You know nothing of "what most Israelis are," PBrain because you're a ragin' idiot. Remember? It all in your tiny pinhead.

Sniff, you only half quoted, you 'ol snake:I have to admit, your down home west by god virgini 3rd grade education your friends accuse me of is comical. Although I cant spill Xenophobia is what most Israelis are: The fear of foreigners a Mass Psychosis...a misanthrope is someone like Sayit AKA Sniffer he hates humanity for causing so much pain on Jews.
In both cases, I sympathize and agree with their justification.

Well, you know...

I love
Punchintg Sniffer
In the nose

Even when
I miss: I always
Come close!

They've jews from everywhere. What "foreigners", what "fear"?
Goys&Gaels, Muslims, Martians, Catholics...care to add?
Don't they have their own countries?
Pbel conveniently forgets all those foreigners who are presently working in Israel, foreigners who are certainly treated much better than the foreigners working in Muslim countries. I wonder if Pbel can tell us what is the word that you call people (if there is such a word) who are afraid of the religious symbols of those of other religions. While people of all faiths can freely practice their religion in Israel and have their own Houses of Worship, can he say the same of places like Saudi Arabia where even Bibles are confiscated? By the way, I hope that if Pbel ever visits Israel, he stops in this restaurant and tells the owner how Israel can't stand foreigners. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ6tEw7wX6Q]Chinese Restaurant in Haifa, Israel Vietnamese Boat People - YouTube[/ame]

jt2

Forum List

Back