Dem Congressman Calls For Draft, War Tax In I S I S Battle

WASHINGTON -- Tough talk is cheap, and so are votes to go to war if lawmakers and most of their constituents don't suffer any consequences, said Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y.) in an interview with The Huffington Post last week.

Rangel called for a military draft and a war tax in order to make the majority of Americans -- and the lawmakers who represent them -- "feel" the consequences of the ongoing military campaign against Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria.

His comments came shortly before Congress voted to approve $500 million to train and arm Syrian rebels, permitting an escalation of President Barack Obama's military campaign against the Islamic State, which is also known as ISIL and ISIS.

More: Charlie Rangel Pushes For Draft, War Tax To Battle ISIS

Damn right! I fully support reinstating the military draft and a war tax. We need to pay off some of Bush's wars that he created - while CUTTING taxes. To my knowledge, cutting taxes during wartime had never previously been done. So, I fully support the draft and a war tax.
You would support a tax on sunshine.

Obama has stated over and over the U.S. will not have combat troops on the ground are those of you on the left accusing the President of lying to the American people?

No, dumbass. There will eventually be another warmongering NaziCon president - so let's give him/her something other than criminals and borderline retards to fight their Bush-like wars.

Also, Obama may be forced to put boot on the ground at some point. Things change. Shit happens.
We'll if things change then perhaps your dumbass community organizer President should not be going around saying no boots on the ground that makes him sound only slightly less stupid than you.

The guy who was found guilty of 11 counts of ethical violations including tax evasion calling for a war tax I really don't think I need to point out either the irony or hypocrisy here.

That has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not paying for wars is a good idea.
The man found guilty of failure to pay taxes calling for new a new tax I consider that relevant.

The guy who was found guilty of 11 counts of ethical violations including tax evasion calling for a war tax I really don't think I need to point out either the irony or hypocrisy here.
Charley Rangel was a war hero

How many of those calling for an invasion of ISIS served in combat? Where is the REAL Hypocrisy?

Rangel is right

You want to invade? Vote for a tax to pay for it
You want to invade? Agree to a draft so that YOUR son or daughter can do the fighting

How many of those calling for an invasion of ISIS served in combat? Where is the REAL Hypocrisy?
Remember that the next time you feel the urge to make some snide comment about McCain.

That has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not paying for wars is a good idea.
The man found guilty of failure to pay taxes calling for new a new tax I consider that relevant.

How do you right wingers want to pay for war? Do it like Bush did with Iraq and borrow whatever we need?
How has that worked out from the last time? Have we paid off all the borrowed money for Iraq? Has those borrowed war funds contributed to the countries deficit? Why do that again when we can simply tax the population to pay for the war?

This new war is in every bodies self interest right? Including Republicans. So lets pay for the war we want with our hard earned tax dollars. That is the American way. Pay for war. We always have in the past.

Remember that the next time you feel the urge to make some snide comment about McCain.

I never make a snide comment about McCain. I consider him to be an American hero

So you would oppose any legislative action to balance the budget if anyone who voted for it had voted for deficits in the past?

What will you do with the dumb ones?

The Army has been giving waivers to criminals and borderline retards for years.
Those are the ones that need to go first....

I agree - followed by the Romney boys.
O
What will you do with the dumb ones?

The Army has been giving waivers to criminals and borderline retards for years.
Those are the ones that need to go first....

I agree - followed by the Romney boys.
Obama has a 16 year old daughter that would be eligible for the draft in a little less than 2 years. Do you think he will go for it?

The current draft age starts at 18 and goes to 25 years of age. The YOUNGEST Romney son is 30 years old you dumb shit!

Last edited:
WASHINGTON -- Tough talk is cheap, and so are votes to go to war if lawmakers and most of their constituents don't suffer any consequences, said Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y.) in an interview with The Huffington Post last week.

Rangel called for a military draft and a war tax in order to make the majority of Americans -- and the lawmakers who represent them -- "feel" the consequences of the ongoing military campaign against Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria.

His comments came shortly before Congress voted to approve $500 million to train and arm Syrian rebels, permitting an escalation of President Barack Obama's military campaign against the Islamic State, which is also known as ISIL and ISIS.

More: Charlie Rangel Pushes For Draft, War Tax To Battle ISIS

Damn right! I fully support reinstating the military draft and a war tax. We need to pay off some of Bush's wars that he created - while CUTTING taxes. To my knowledge, cutting taxes during wartime had never previously been done. So, I fully support the draft and a war tax.

So you site a tax evading Congressman calling for new taxes to support your position against a tax cutting President? Why not start by asking Rangel to pay his fair share.

Yep, the islamo-fascists have been at war with us for 35 years but its a "new " war...... Comical

Perhaps the CIC should have considered the predictable consequences of leaving iraq too soon....

The Liberal mind is amazing. never thought I would see them not only calling for a war but also calling for a draft!
Just proves they are dumber than dirt.

Forum List

Back