My Oh My...

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
How whimsical fate can be. On September 6, 2013, Obama said in a presser that he "was elected to end wars," yet he has started two more (restarted one in Iraq, and just now started bombing in Syria). And yet, this man won a Nobel Peace Prize. There was no peace tonight. This President, as the one before, is a wartime president.

Not much of a war with no troops on the ground or US deaths...and unlike the idiot Booosh, Obama hardly started this, just going help our ARAB ALLIES finish it. Brilliantly handled.

Newsflash: Every single President since FDR has been a "war time" President.

Non sequitur. If I want a history lesson, you'll be the first guy I'll ask.

And newsflash, nobody cares about the past. We're talking present here. He was supposed to be the one who ended war. He made that clear. So, such a contradiction will not go unnoticed. Being in a long list of wartime presidents does not erase the irony of Obama's words. He wanted to buck the trend, but became part of it.

And newsflash, nobody cares about the past. We're talking present here. He was supposed to be the one who ended war. He made that clear. So, such a contradiction will not go unnoticed. Being in a long list of wartime presidents does not erase the irony of Obama's words. He wanted to buck the trend, but became part of it.

No one takes campaign promises seriously, and no one actually thought Obama was going to "end war".

Pretending that Obama exists in a vacuum - that we've never had a President before him - is a really stupid way to frame an argument. No matter how much you don't "care" about it, the past is completely relevant here.

No one takes campaign promises seriously, and no one actually thought Obama was going to "end war".

Pretending that Obama exists in a vacuum - that we've never had a President before him - is a really stupid way to frame an argument. No matter how much you don't "care" about it, the past is completely relevant here.

Huh?????????????

Well then why didn't you step up and tell all the dummies that before the election?

I bet he's regrets his 'campaign promises' now doesn't he? The best way not to be labeled a liar is not to lie, not to make promises you won't keep. That's the whole problem. Pigeonholing him in with a long line of wartime presidents is a way to defend him from his errant words, shielding him from the lies he spouted to the masses eager for change. That within itself is no way to argue either.

But since you insist the past is relevant, I will note the double standard that Democrats employed when they assailed Bush as if he were the only President to ever start a war in the Middle East; forgetting this long line of wartime presidents. They most certainly thought Bush existed in a vacuum then. Why don't you remember that?

The past is irrelevant here because his actions are affecting our future.

Huh?????????????

Well then why didn't you step up and tell all the dummies that before the election?

Huh?

I have no idea what point you're trying to make. Why should I have done that?

As I said, we all knew that already.

I bet he's regrets his 'campaign promises' now doesn't he? The best way not to be labeled a liar is not to lie, not to make promises you won't keep. That's the whole problem. Pigeonholing him in with a long line of wartime presidents is a way to defend him from his errant words, shielding him from the lies he spouted to the masses eager for change. That within itself is no way to argue either.

But since you insist the past is relevant, I will note the double standard that Democrats employed when they assailed Bush as if he were the only President to ever start a war in the Middle East; forgetting this long line of wartime presidents. They most certainly thought Bush existed in a vacuum then. Why don't you remember that?

The past is irrelevant here because his actions are affecting our future.

Why would he regret his campaign promises? He got elected twice, didn't he?

You can call him a liar if it makes you feel better - but that just brings us back to the fact that all politicians are liars.

The difference between Bush's wars and Obama's is the scale. When Obama sends 100,000 troops somewhere, you'll have a legitimate comparison.

Remember, Democrats voted for that war, too.

Yea. I also remember cons telling democrats they hate soldiers and they hate Americans for not supporting that war.

Thank goodness that our President has a Democratic base to answer to instead of a republican one.

Obama's Democratic base is going to rip him apart for this bombing campaign. In that respect, yes, he will be answering to his base. This election will show you why. I remember Democrats painting Bush as Hitler... but hey, he only had to answer to his Republican base.

So. . . . then. . . .

The Nobel peace prize was for what? His good looks?

Fine, I'll agree. As long as he give the award back. He's a war mongering globalist, just like the rest of them.

So. . . . then. . . .

The Nobel peace prize was for what? His good looks?

Fine, I'll agree. As long as he give the award back. He's a war mongering globalist, just like the rest of them.

I'm not on the Nobel committee, so I can't say for what the Prize was awarded.

But yes, he is a war-mongering globalist, just like all the rest.

Obama's Democratic base is going to rip him apart for this bombing campaign. In that respect, yes, he will be answering to his base. This election will show you why. I remember Democrats painting Bush as Hitler... but hey, he only had to answer to his Republican base.

That should tell you something about the republican base. :cool:

As for Obama's base? They'll rip him far more for this than cons ripped Dubya for his disastrous, casualty-ridden, politically driven adventures in the middle east.

As for you prediction about this election? Remind us again about your prediction over the last election please?

It just now hit me that in a roundabout way, Doc, you are defending him.

I guess you could look at it that way, but it's more of an aversion to bullshit than anything like support.

I don't agree with what he's doing in terms of Iraq, Syria and ISIS at all.

Of course you don't. Thank you for making my point. So, what do we do, sit home and hope ISIS doesn't cross the sea and hurt us? That kind of thinking and complacency cost the lives of 3000 people on 9/11. The fire will continue to burn until someone puts it out. Asking the Free Syrian Army to fight them is like giving a fire extinguisher to a child. The child will run from the fire in fear. In previous engagements with ISIS, that's exactly what the Free Syrian Army has done, they laid down their arms and surrendered at the very sight of them.

You are free to disagree, but I am also free to say that ISIS is a threat to the world, and someone has to stop them.

Forum List

Back