Define a Canadian

To be fair to our Canadian friends, they tip less for a reason: In Canada, the minimum wages are higher and there is most often no "lower rate" for people working in tip-based industries. Tip levels are lower in part to reflect the higher wages.

Canadians' also have less disposable income with which to tip.

No. We're just cheaper.

well OK then:eusa_whistle: Cheap bastages.

One reason we love visiting Montreal is we can tip 15% and look like champions.

Cute French chicks too.

Oh, and Quebec is probably the only place in the world where its better to say you're American than Canadian.

Hello form across the boarder! I am doing a Political Science assignment and would like to have an American define what a they believe a Canadian Is. Please feel free to be honest but respectful.

Thanks for your co-operation friends.

A Canadian is someone who either provides oil for the United States or appears in a Science Fiction TV show or movie. They also talk funny.

A Canadian is on a cruise, enjoying the sun, sitting on a lounge chair, wearing his sunglasses and resting with his chin on his chest. Another passenger walks by and stops in front of him.

"What part of Canada are you from?" he asked.

"How did you know I was from Canada?" asked the Canadian.

The other passenger replied, "You were gazing at your navel."

Makes me think about my one and only time in Canada, way back in HS for a school trip. One afternoon for lunch, a few of the the friends in my group decided to get "cheap" on the tip because they were being whiny spoiled kids who gave the waitress a hard time. So a few others of us decided to tip extra to make up the difference. We didn't realize until we got home that 25% was probably the best tip they'd ever heard of. :lol:

Makes me think about my one and only time in Canada, way back in HS for a school trip. One afternoon for lunch, a few of the the friends in my group decided to get "cheap" on the tip because they were being whiny spoiled kids who gave the waitress a hard time. So a few others of us decided to tip extra to make up the difference. We didn't realize until we got home that 25% was probably the best tip they'd ever heard of. :lol:

We spend a lot of time in Montreal (it's nearest major metropolis and, assuming no border troubles, an hour or so). I think over the past decade waitstaff etc...there have begun to expect 20% from Americans, while still accepting 10-15 from anyone speaking French. But there's a much better chance your waitstaff will be a hottie, so it's worth it:eusa_angel:

Hello form across the boarder! I am doing a Political Science assignment and would like to have an American define what a they believe a Canadian Is. Please feel free to be honest but respectful.

Canadians are like an Americans only with decent health care coverage?

Canada - pretty what the USA would be like if we also had adult supervision.

Canadians...the people who club baby seals so we don't have to?

Canadians...except for the Brits, the only people on earth who give us a freaking break once in while.

Canadians are like an Americans only with decent health care coverage?

Right, which is why cancer death rates are higher in Canada then the United States...

A legal citizen of Canada

The individuals within a country are as diverse there as anywhere else... so I don't lump them together just as I do not lump our citizenry together in some broad stroke...

Canadian = People who were born in Canada?

Canadian = People who were born in Canada?

I thought my gardener was Canadian so I asked him, but it turns out he's Mexican. He did think our garden Gnome was Canadian, but he was unresponsive to questions. I'm working on it though, eh?

Canadian (n.) - an inhabitant of the boreal wastelands to the north of the United States. Known for speaking a peculiar dialect which involves copious use of the interjection "eh?" and the prepositional phrase "oot and aboot." Canadian cuisine is austere and dominated by staples such as bagged milk and maple syrup. Each winter, all of Canada's geese and elderly citizens migrate south in search of milder weather; the waterfowl intersperse themselves throughout America's humid subtropics while the geriatric population swarms into south Florida, occasionally causing a stir during their annual trek when they defy American custom by observing speed limits and driving non-aggressively on I-95.

To be fair to our Canadian friends, they tip less for a reason: In Canada, the minimum wages are higher and there is most often no "lower rate" for people working in tip-based industries. Tip levels are lower in part to reflect the higher wages.

Canadians' also have less disposable income with which to tip.

No. We're just cheaper.
You hit the head on that one. Monroe county Floidastan changed the law to include mandatory 15% gratuities due to the canuk_enbergers.

They're cheap.

Lousy drivers.

Drunks.

Their beer sucks.

Their brand of Football sucks.

Their currency is funny lookin'.

Half of 'em are basically French for christ sakes.

All in all, they're Ok.......Nothin' to write home about, but Ok just the same.

:cool:

Flappy Headed Leeches... :thup:

:)

peace...

Oh come on. It's fun to tease, but Canadians are nice people if you stay out of Quebec. And most of them are nice there as well.

Eh, I don't know.

Essentially just like us, only a large proportion talk funny.

From my perspective, no group of people are that much different from any other group. Everyone wants a decent paying job, to get laid, and sieze the weekend. Culture is the way they do it.

Forum List

Back