Decision Points by George W. Bush

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Decision Points by George W. Bush, will be available November 9th. I myself, can wait for the paperback, (as per usual) lol.

In any case, any Presidential memoir is an historical and educational opportunity. I'm glad to hear that in the case of G. Dub, he does not feel the need to delve into the whole life story auto biography usual crap. (at least for his first book) From the video I gather there is a nod to faith, a little life of son of POTUS and then right into the meat of it. No doubt the usual suspects and partisans will have their customary first stabs and jibes. But the say that they get will mean little. As it is for everyone, history will be the judge...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT1ep51AIqI[/ame]

I wish these things would stop.

The only presidential memoir that was worth killing a tree for was Grant's.

I wish these things would stop.

The only presidential memoir that was worth killing a tree for was Grant's.

Heh.

If I recall, his memoir was not even about his time as POTUS but mostly (or entirely) about leading the Union Army. (??) I admit, I have to read that one yet.

I'm sure Lincoln would have had a killer memoir but, well... you know... :(

Up until Nixon, the only president to write one was Grant.

And his ended on April 9, 1865

Nixon made out like a bandit on his. And we have yet to see the last of them.

If the article below is right (and menal_floss has never lied to me before) then my interest in reading Grant's book has more than doubled...

mental_floss Blog A Brief History of Presidential Memoirs

Grant&#8217;s memoirs were an instant runaway hit. Twain&#8217;s company made the clever choice of employing former Union soldiers in full uniform as salesmen, and the book became one of the best sellers of the 19th century. Today, the book is considered by many to be the best presidential memoir ever written, but there&#8217;s some controversy over who actually did the bulk of the writing. Twain always claimed that he had only made slight edits to Grant&#8217;s text, but the prose was so strong that many suspected Twain himself had ghostwritten the book.

Calvin Coolidge's might be a good read to and I didn't even know he had written one, lol.

The folks who claim Clemens had a hand in the writing haven't read much by Clemens or Grant.

Most copies of the book now come with collected letters. You can compare the texts.

It really is worth the reading. Not just for the historical interest, it really is a fun and entertaining book.

And you can read it on line.

The folks who claim Clemens had a hand in the writing haven't read much by Clemens or Grant.

Most copies of the book now come with collected letters. You can compare the texts.

It really is worth the reading. Not just for the historical interest, it really is a fun and entertaining book.

And you can read it on line.

Honestly that diminishes my interest a little, lol. (but I still need to read Grant's book) I've read all things Clemens including unfinished works and the great biography Mark Twain a Life by Ron Powers. It's all wonderful stuff.

Like presidential memoirs, Powers biography is of great historical interest, of Twain's writing in general, it's great too but a little off topic. (heh, it's "my" thread anywho)

George W. Bush deserves to be sitting in a prison cell in The Hague waiting to be hanged. Instead, someone has ghosted a book, supposedly written by this spoiled, stereotypical elitist, alcoholic fop who was appointed as President and spent eight years actively sabotaging the American middle class and patronizing his corporatist base. And there actually are some who will buy this book and believe the predictable bullshit it contains.

And those who do are of the same mentality as those who believe the Harry Potter series is biographical.

George W. Bush deserves to be sitting in a prison cell in The Hague waiting to be hanged. Instead, someone has ghosted a book, supposedly written by this spoiled, stereotypical elitist, alcoholic fop who was appointed as President and spent eight years actively sabotaging the American middle class and patronizing his corporatist base. And there actually are some who will buy this book and believe the predictable bullshit it contains.

And those who do are of the same mentality as those who believe the Harry Potter series is biographical.

Ah... c'mon. Tell us what you really think... :lol:

Well done. I've never seen so many conspiracy theories laid out so succinctly. :lol:

He neglected blaming all the world's problems on the joooooooooooooooooooooz. Points off from tin foil perfection for that.

Decision Points by George W. Bush, will be available November 9th. I myself, can wait for the paperback, (as per usual) lol.

In any case, any Presidential memoir is an historical and educational opportunity. I'm glad to hear that in the case of G. Dub, he does not feel the need to delve into the whole life story auto biography usual crap. (at least for his first book) From the video I gather there is a nod to faith, a little life of son of POTUS and then right into the meat of it. No doubt the usual suspects and partisans will have their customary first stabs and jibes. But the say that they get will mean little. As it is for everyone, history will be the judge...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT1ep51AIqI
Hmmm, I'm surprised it's in hardback, are you sure?
I fully expected Marvel or Dell to publish Mr. Bush's first book, in full color of course.

I am a huge Apple fan but it's no secret that the management team is no fan of Bush. Is it possible that GW's book is not being carried on iBooks for partisan reasons?

Problem? :lol:

I actually just finished reading it. I seriously doubt leftist hacks would do so.

He had a pretty good fact checking team helping, and I've yet to see any legitimate challenges to it factually.

There's lots of first-person accounts of events you won't read anywhere else.

Of course, you really should read books instead of burning them, but what the heck.

LOL, George Bush is a walking douche. The manuscript was probably ghost written. Dr Seus is more intellectually stimulating than any lie that annoying buffoon could possibly put on paper.

Forum List

Back