Decision Points by George W. Bush

I might. I'm not above it.
He's got everything sourced and fact checked. There haven't been any worthy disputes of anything he says in that book, yet. It's definitely worth the read, you might be the first to be able to assail it.

Fact checked like the WMD in Iraq?

I think the fact that Saddaam was a brutal, murdering dictatior who killed his own people justified his removal. And ya know....he could have complied with UN inspectors.

Presidential decisions are shaped by the people around you?

So all those disasters were "group" efforts?

The only honest part was when he admitted his ideology doesn't work. But we already knew that.
:spam:

Last edited by a moderator:
So what were you struck most by in the book? Any new ground covered that might justify some of his actions?
The first-person accounts of meetings with world leaders was fascinating. The entire chapters on fighting AIDS and on Katrina were eye opening. He told Mary Landrieu to "sit down and shut up" at one point.

There's alot of stuff in the book he had to get clearance for, had to be de-classified, so he could include it. It really is a good read whether you agree with the man or not.

Decision Points by George W. Bush, will be available November 9th. I myself, can wait for the paperback, (as per usual) lol.

In any case, any Presidential memoir is an historical and educational opportunity. I'm glad to hear that in the case of G. Dub, he does not feel the need to delve into the whole life story auto biography usual crap. (at least for his first book) From the video I gather there is a nod to faith, a little life of son of POTUS and then right into the meat of it. No doubt the usual suspects and partisans will have their customary first stabs and jibes. But the say that they get will mean little. As it is for everyone, history will be the judge...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT1ep51AIqI

That was an articulate, honest, and awesome 3 minutes. I want that damn book!

Forum List

Back