Debate over evolution now allowed in Tenn. schools

Well there goes any Tennessean ever becoming a scientist ever again. Maybe they can turn the science departments of their universities into more seminaries, lord knows preachers contribute more to society that stupid scientists.

Seriously. Permitting a mere additional topic in high school debate will change the career path for all potential Tennessean scientists?

Gawd, that is hilarious..

What is hilarious is that people like you think this kind of crap belongs in any schools carriculum.

cur·ric·u·lum

   /kəˈrɪkyələm/ http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/IPA_pron_key.htmlShow Spelled[kuh-rik-yuh-luhm] http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/Spell_pron_key.htmlShow IPA
noun, plural cur·ric·u·la  /-lə/ http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/IPA_pron_key.htmlShow Spelled[-luh] http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/Spell_pron_key.htmlShow IPA, cur·ric·u·lums. 1. the aggregate of courses of study given in a school, college, university, etc.: The school is adding more science courses to its curriculum.

2. the regular or a particular course of study in a school, college, etc

A victory for freedom of thought and individualism in the school, and a stinging defeat for the secular mind police. We enjoy freedom of speech, not freedom from speech you find disagreeable.

'NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A bill that encourages classroom debate over evolution will become law in Tennessee, despite a veto campaign mounted by scientists and civil libertarians who say it will reopen a decades-old controversy over teaching creationism to the state's schoolchildren.'

Tenn. governor allows evolution debate bill to become law

Imagine the lively debate and opening of minds which can now flourish in the previously flat-earther science rooms across Tenn, and hopefully the rest of America!

All that will accomplish is to underline the profound lack of evidence for any 'creation theory'.

That is your opinion. Not shared by the vast, vast majority of Americans.

But it's not science, so shouldn't be in a science class.

Sure it is. Their all all sorts of probabilities and theory worthy of a discussion.

Plus, it enables young minds to examine, challenge and expel current mythologies, such as the flat-earth scientific assumptions that a cell somehow achieved a spontaneous irreducible complexity.

Open your mind.

ROTFL I'm sorry but "magic" isn't science its fantasy

A victory for freedom of thought and individualism in the school, and a stinging defeat for the secular mind police. We enjoy freedom of speech, not freedom from speech you find disagreeable.

'NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A bill that encourages classroom debate over evolution will become law in Tennessee, despite a veto campaign mounted by scientists and civil libertarians who say it will reopen a decades-old controversy over teaching creationism to the state's schoolchildren.'

Tenn. governor allows evolution debate bill to become law

Imagine the lively debate and opening of minds which can now flourish in the previously flat-earther science rooms across Tenn, and hopefully the rest of America!

The courts will strike down this bit of stupidity pretty quickly.

I kind of have mixed feelings about this.

Of course, creationism is absolute garbage, trying to sneak in Religion under the guise of psuedo-science.

But that said, I think the schools refusing to talk about it isn't going to stop little Johny Funditard from thinking it's true. He'll just assume they are hiding "the truth", since that's what they say at church. So I have no problem if the schools spend one day addressing it, and then addressing the flaws, then moving on to real science.

It's time to start letting Tennessee School students debate the theory of gravity, basic algebra and the use of the oxford comma.

I mean, it's all in the name of being open-minded. Plus the students have lots of free time!

But it's not science, so shouldn't be in a science class.

Sure it is. Their all all sorts of probabilities and theory worthy of a discussion.

Plus, it enables young minds to examine, challenge and expel current mythologies, such as the flat-earth scientific assumptions that a cell somehow achieved a spontaneous irreducible complexity.

Open your mind.

Spontaneous irreducible complexity is indeed magic. Yet it is the basis of evolution theory.

Why are you so afraid of having young minds consider all of the theories?

It's time to start letting Tennessee School students debate the theory of gravity

Excellent idea!

Why and how did gravity obtain a gravitational strength balance to within 1 part in 1015 at 1 second after the Big Bang, which is the only possible tuning that would allow life to form?

Are you afraid of such questions, flat-earther?

Damn Snipper. Didn't read one supporting post for this bit of non sense. And that was after you claimed that many many Americans support this bs.

Guess you need to put the word out how greaat this lunacy is.

Beside that, you ever been to TN?

It's time to start letting Tennessee School students debate the theory of gravity

Excellent idea!

Why and how did gravity obtain a gravitational strength balance to within 1 part in 1015 at 1 second after the Big Bang, which is the only possible tuning that would allow life to form?

No, that's not the debate in theory of gravity. The debate is whether the graviton can be identified and its mass calculated. If it can't, clearly gravity does not exist.

And it's not a question of being afraid - it's a question of the opportunity cost of teaching these things in school. Namely, kids need to be learning basic math, science, reading and related skills not wasting their time attempting to debate topics that doctoral level educators solved decades ago.

Last edited:

Excellent idea!

No, that's not the debate in theory of gravity.

Sure it is. Why should a flat-earther such as yourself be permitted to frame parameters of debate based on your fear of losing your belief in mythology?

Excellent idea!

Sure it is.

No, it's not. You've spent too much time at the ID school of science.

Why should a flat-earther such as yourself be permitted to frame parameters of debate based on your fear of losing your belief in mythology?

^See, this is how you know you're debating a fucking moron. Whatever are you talking about?

Do you believe the dinosaurs and humans co-existed in time?

In the near future, so-called conservatives will be debating and denying quantum mechanics via their trusty quantum computers.

They will, of course, fail to see the irony of this fact.

Open your mind.

Spontaneous irreducible complexity is indeed magic. Yet it is the basis of evolution theory.

Why are you so afraid of having young minds consider all of the theories?

I think most that do not believe in Creationism are very afraid that THEIR children just MIGHT learn something, and they MAY just decide to believe in that instead of that we came from monkeys! They want their kids to only learn about things that THEY want them to learn and brainwash them into believing there's no other possible answer.

Sure it is.

No, it's not. You've spent too much time at the ID school of science.

Why should a flat-earther such as yourself be permitted to frame parameters of debate based on your fear of losing your belief in mythology?

^See, this is how you know you're debating a fucking moron.

I see. You want to pre-define the parameters of debate to exclude examination of tenets you accept on pure faith, as having them questioned would rock your world.

Don't be afraid of a little intellectual curiosity, flat-earther. Free your mind.

Of course, creationism is absolute garbage, trying to sneak in Religion under the guise of psuedo-science.

But that said, I think the schools refusing to talk about it isn't going to stop little Johny Funditard from thinking it's true. He'll just assume they are hiding "the truth", since that's what they say at church. So I have no problem if the schools spend one day addressing it, and then addressing the flaws, then moving on to real science.

So you have the discussion in a comparative religion class...not in a science class. It's not science, it's faith.

So you have the discussion in a comparative religion class...not in a science class. It's not science, it's faith.

What are you talking about? The mythology of spontaneous irreducible complexity?

Besides the fact most schools don't offer "comparative religion", the fact is, you might as well discuss it, because you know they are thinking about it in certain districts.

It should, utlimately, be a district by district decision.

I don't worry that little Johnny might be exposed to the notion of Creationism. I'm worried that he will get out of 12 years of school and no one will bother to teach him to read because his teachers don't give a flip, and can't be fired.

Forum List

Back