Debate over evolution now allowed in Tenn. schools

Sure it is.

No, it's not. You've spent too much time at the ID school of science.

Why should a flat-earther such as yourself be permitted to frame parameters of debate based on your fear of losing your belief in mythology?

^See, this is how you know you're debating a fucking moron.

I see. You want to pre-define the parameters of debate to exclude examination of tenets you accept on pure faith, as having them questioned would rock your world.

Evolution is not accepted on pure faith. There's over a century of research and reams of evidence to support it.

If we're going to waste time questioning evolution in schools, we also need to be fair and balanced and start debating whether not Euclidean geometry makes sense, whether the period is the proper end to a sentence and whether or not the earth is the center of the universe.

No, it's not. You've spent too much time at the ID school of science.

^See, this is how you know you're debating a fucking moron.

I see. You want to pre-define the parameters of debate to exclude examination of tenets you accept on pure faith, as having them questioned would rock your world.

Evolution is not accepted on pure faith.

Sure it is. Spontaneous irreducible complexity is much less believable than a Flying Spaghetti Monster.

But, hey. Let's debate it and not try to hush things up based on our fears and insecurities.

Evolution is not accepted on pure faith.

Sure it is. Spontaneous irreducible complexity is much less believable than a Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Well of course spontaneous irreducible complexity is unbelievable.

Of course, if you'd get an education somewhere outside of ID you'd know it's not a requirement of evolution. But that would require you to broaden your mind just an inch.

Well of course spontaneous irreducible complexity is unbelievable.

Agreed. Why do you fear letting youngsters debate such a thing?

You are an insufferable fraud. Cutting off my quote and asking me to debate a portion that, out of context, refutes the point I was making is a game for feeble fools.

I have no interest in games of semantics with feeble fools such as yourself. Either learn to actually debate an issue or ask your mom to do it for you.

Agreed. Why do you fear letting youngsters debate such a thing?

I have no interest in games of semantics with feeble fools such as yourself.

Fine by me.

Why not answer the simple question as posed to you?

Why do you fear letting youngsters debate such matters?

You haven't posed a legitimate question. You've asked me to defend an indefensible and fraudulent scientific concept cooked up by those who oppose science.

I'd say you set up a straw man, but that's not fair to straw men everywhere.

I have no interest in games of semantics with feeble fools such as yourself.

Fine by me.

You haven't posed a legitimate question.

Asking why you are afraid to let young people debate a theory such as spontaneous irreducible complexity is not a legit question? Or the incredible fine tuning of gravity required within 1 second of the 'Big Bang'?

Would such a range of questions challenge your faith?

The left wants to shut down the debate, the discussion, which is about as anti science as one could get. It's understandable, discussion and debate takes up valuable class time that the students could use to learn how to have safe sex.

Fine by me.

You haven't posed a legitimate question.

Asking why you are afraid to let young people debate a theory such as spontaneous irreducible complexity is not a legit question?

No, because spontaneous irreducible complexity isn't a theory. It is, at the very best, a hypothesis - and it's a hypothesis that actual scientific evidence has contradicted.

We may as well ask students to debate whether the sun is hot or cold.

Hmmm, in High School there is a lot of time spent on Greek Mythology.............I think that needs to go. After all it's just fantasy. :)

Why would anyone object to allowing their children to understand the views of others. Why does creationism scare them so much?? If their children truly are to open their minds, perhaps they will look at it the same way we do Greek Mythology, perhaps they won't. No one is saying they have to believe in creationism, but it's a great debate topic about proven science vs theories.

It's time to start letting Tennessee School students debate the theory of gravity, basic algebra and the use of the oxford comma.

LOL!!!!

529.gif

Liberals object to any ideas or concepts that are not preapproved liberal ideas and concepts. The little dears should not be exposed to non-liberal ideas. It might start them thinking and we can't have that.

Hmmm, in High School there is a lot of time spent on Greek Mythology.............I think that needs to go. After all it's just fantasy. :)

Why would anyone object to allowing their children to understand the views of others. Why does creationism scare them so much?? If their children truly are to open their minds, perhaps they will look at it the same way we do Greek Mythology, perhaps they won't. No one is saying they have to believe in creationism, but it's a great debate topic about proven science vs theories.

The subject was called Greek Mythology was it not? Was it taught in a science class? Do you really believe that the creation myth should be taught in a science class?

Because kids in science class are in class to learn facts as proven by science.

When the "debate" starts and one kid stands up and says the earth is only 2000 years old (or whatever it is that "creationists" say, and the science teacher says that there is no scientific proof of this idea, then the students parents will be all over the school wanting to know why this science teacher told their kid the earth wasn't 2000 years old. The Bible says it is.

Then the fight will be on. Science teachers VS Biblical parents. But I bet you can't figure out how this would be a problem.

The subject was called Greek Mythology was it not? Was it taught in a science class? Do you really believe that the creation myth should be taught in a science class?

And the THEORY of evolution is taught in science class. Is it proven science??? Does it belong in a science classroom??

And the THEORY of evolution is taught in science class. Is it proven science??? Does it belong in a science classroom??

All your statement does is prove you need to go back to school and learn what a scientific theory is and how it differs from faith.

Liberals object to any ideas or concepts that are not preapproved liberal ideas and concepts.

Tell you what. You prove that creation happened like the Bible says it did. Should be a piece of cake, you being a Rethug right winger and all. You being the one that says science is a liberal ploy to undermine the youth of America.

It's time to start letting Tennessee School students debate the theory of gravity

Excellent idea!

Why and how did gravity obtain a gravitational strength balance to within 1 part in 1015 at 1 second after the Big Bang, which is the only possible tuning that would allow life to form?

Are you afraid of such questions, flat-earther?
.....And, with just such questions answered....you "conservatives" will DREAD Death, LESS???

318.gif

The mistake is in the idea that schools were ever supposed to be places where children have an opportunity to question. They are to be taught what the government approves. Sort of like Cuba.

Forum List

Back