debate advice

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Mitt is too much of a gentleman but when the subject of the al qaeda Libya attack comes up, he should call Obama a liar right to his face

Blah never happen

Obama needs to remind the middle east that he killed bin laden and that aq has been all but eliminated

Mitt has to come at him hard and fast. Maobama doesn't like being challenged, I think he could lose his cool if Mitt keeps on the preasure.

Obama should just point out that Romney's best accomplishment as a politician is health care reform, and that "Obamacare" is modeled after it. Game over.

Last edited:
Obama should just point out that Romney's best accomplishment as a politician is health care reform, and that "Obamacare" is modeled after it. Game over.

I see you have no concept of federalism. You might want to read up on it. It is one of our founding principles.

I just watched a special on Stossel about debate coaching. Obama will loose his cool - he doesn't like to be challenged.

I see you have no concept of federalism. You might want to read up on it. It is one of our founding principles.

I am not arguing federal vs. state. That would be an excellent rebuttal by Romney if Obama points out that the programs are similar though, and you do make a good point.

Still Obama can hammer Romney pointing out how his health reform was successful at the state level and argue it will be at the federal level as well. I think this would be very effective, painting Romney as a hypocrite for being against "Obamacare".

Last edited:
Mitt is too much of a gentleman but when the subject of the al qaeda Libya attack comes up, he should call Obama a liar right to his face

Blah never happen
What Mitt is REALLY doing.....

IMHO, from following his recent actions and comments along with the serious confusion about what the polls mean -

He is most certainly ignoring the hysterical media with their desperate cries to DO something, anything, shake it up, quit being Mr Nice Guy, you're NOT GOING TO WIN THIS IF YOU DON'T DO SOMETHING

He is an extremely well organized man who eats details for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you don't think this man has a plan, you're being foolish

He's got a lot better handle on the polls and how to take internal polls with far more accuracy than most. He's not the least bit concerned about the ups and down of polls.

He knows how to interpret the important numbers - Obama job approval ratings, consumer confidence, the labor/economic stats, etc, etc.

He is working down to the debates and I believe he's accumulated and absorbed the issues most important to the voters and will take those into the debates and lay them out quite nicely and in greater detail.

You should be aware by now that Obama has laid out NO plan [and appears to have no plan] and relies on nothing more than criticism of Romney. What happens when Romney pulls out a plan while being met with NO plan? If you're looking for an October surprise..................!

So why should Romney reveal anything so early, giving the Obama camp even more time to beat him up?

Was it lost on you what happened when Romney delayed his tax return until the last minute? How much play did it get compared to months and months running the media circuit?

Romney has also accumulated enough ammunition against Obama to counter anything Obama can accuse him of.

And now we have those voters who will vote for Romney even tho they aren't convinced and those who are still undecided. The rule of thumb is that undecideds go for the challenger but in the case of a challenger who LAYS OUT a plan, whether you agree with every detail or not. against one who doesn't have one, there is no doubt who wins those votes.

Romney has also hinted that he may have something to say to/about the media. When you consider that 60% of we, the people, do not trust or believe most of what we see and hear in the media, I imagine that will put a lot of people on his side from the git-go. A perfect example would be the bull crap being discussed about the Libya situation.

Anyone who thinks Romney won't be fully prepared for this debate and sufficiently armed to win it is living in la-la land.

I'd come at Obama hard on his middle eastern failures. Talk loud and be direct!

Next hit Obama with facts on the economy. Talk loud and be direct!

Pound Obama even get into a arguing match. Obama is weaker than shit on the facts.

Forum List

Back