Deaths By Medical Malpractice

DriftingSand

Cast Iron Member
Feb 16, 2014
State of Disgust!
I'm not too certain why everyone is so eager to get Obamacare and run down to see their local doctor. Especially considering the fact that far more people die in America each year at the hands of medical practitioners than by firearms. And I mean FAR MORE.

200,000 folks die in America each year due to medical malpractice. That's a significant number. And now that Obamacare is the new "law of the land" that number is almost certain to increase considering the fact that far more people will be seeing doctors and staying at hospitals than ever before. Not only that but medical equipment won't be as "cutting edge" as it is now since Obama plans on punishing companies that produce said equipment. Of course, with the huge influx of patients inundating emergency rooms, doctor's offices, and local clinics the service is almost certain to decrease. True, I'm doing a little speculating but I know I'm right.

Anyway, I think I'll just try to exercise more and eat better and stay the hell away from the deadly medical community.

So ... 200,000 die at the hands of medical practitioners each year:

Report Finds 200,000 People Die from Medical Errors Annually |

VS

31,076 who die as a result of firearms each year (murders, suicides, and accidents combined):

Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence ? Gun Law Information Experts

That means that folks are 6.43 times more likely to die by mistake in a hospital or a doctor's office than by a gun.

Time to ban all doctors!!! (That is if you use liberal logic)

Last edited:
I almost hit one and his nurse for probing too much.....

Huh? :confused:

Nothin wrong with an over enthusiastic nurse :thup:

:wink_2:

Well ... that depends:
8841314_96aee0b69d.jpg

A little tip if you have to undergo surgery: NEVER allow an anesthetist to give you a little something to calm you down or to put you out altogether prior to surgery.

I refuse to be sedated or put under before I have actually seen my surgeon and we both know we have the right doctor and right patient and know what surgery is to be performed. Human error happens ... like being taken to the wrong surgery suite or getting medical charts mixed up.

Don't fall for the "we don't want you to be afraid of the operating room" bit - it's a big room with big lights, monitors and a lot of steel.

I'm not too certain why everyone is so eager to get Obamacare and run down to see their local doctor. Especially considering the fact that far more people die in America each year at the hands of medical practitioners than by firearms. And I mean FAR MORE.

I've been misdiagnosed. I went to several doctors and they would laugh at me. I went to a dermatologist and he wanted to cut me because he thought I had Lupus so he cut me and put a stitch in me. Lupus is a cancer that mostly women get and I didn't have Lupus and then the doctor tole me to take Benadryl which burned some of my skin off. I went back to another doctor after about 18 years and he told me all the medicine the doctors were giving me wouldn't do anything for me and after a couple months I am doing 98% better. Most of the doctors I saw were blind to what I had.

A little tip if you have to undergo surgery: NEVER allow an anesthetist to give you a little something to calm you down or to put you out altogether prior to surgery.

I refuse to be sedated or put under before I have actually seen my surgeon and we both know we have the right doctor and right patient and know what surgery is to be performed. Human error happens ... like being taken to the wrong surgery suite or getting medical charts mixed up.

Don't fall for the "we don't want you to be afraid of the operating room" bit - it's a big room with big lights, monitors and a lot of steel.

My teacher was having knee surgery. The nurse brought in a razor to shave his knee and then she told him to turn over and she started shaving the back of the other knee which was the wrong knee. He said, "Wait a minute" and then was concerned the doctor would turn him over and start operating on a different knee after starting on the right one.

I've been misdiagnosed. I went to several doctors and they would laugh at me. I went to a dermatologist and he wanted to cut me because he thought I had Lupus so he cut me and put a stitch in me. Lupus is a cancer that mostly women get and I didn't have Lupus and then the doctor tole me to take Benadryl which burned some of my skin off. I went back to another doctor after about 18 years and he told me all the medicine the doctors were giving me wouldn't do anything for me and after a couple months I am doing 98% better. Most of the doctors I saw were blind to what I had.

Second and third opinions are always a good idea.

I have to get pretty frequent physicals due to the type of work I do but I haven't been to a "family" doctor for more than 10 years at least. I simply don't trust the AMA. That's not to say that there aren't a lot of good doctors out there but they generally prescribe "medicines" that have been approved by the FDA. All we have to do is watch a TV commercial about some of the newer medications to know that there are a hundred harmful side effects compared to the one possible benefit it might offer. I don't drink or do drugs and don't trust the FDA stuff on the market today.

My teacher was having knee surgery. The nurse brought in a razor to shave his knee and then she told him to turn over and she started shaving the back of the other knee which was the wrong knee. He said, "Wait a minute" and then was concerned the doctor would turn him over and start operating on a different knee after starting on the right one.

Yikes!!! That's a spooky thought.

Forum List

Back