Death Penalty Drugs

jameson245

Jun 5, 2015
Before I get flamed, let me say I support the death penalty only in certain selected cases. I don't think conviction deserves death without CERTAIN evidence of guilt. A coerced confession isn't enough but when there is no doubt at all, zero, zip, none.. then yes, I do support the death penalty. (Polly Klass, Elizabeth Smart, Jessica Lunsford, Sandra Cantu cases off the top of my head. NOT the Danielle Van Dam case, plenty of doubt there based on physical evidence, lack of, and possibility of tampering. )

But that's not the subject of this thread.

States are looking for humane drugs that are available and 'tested'.

What's wrong with a drug many people seek out daily, a drug the country has plenty of, free for the taking from evidence storehouses. I am suggesting heroin. Quick, junkies die with needles stil in their arms even when they don't WANT to die. Tested? I would think we have enough research on it.

Thoughts?

Before I get flamed, let me say I support the death penalty only in certain selected cases. I don't think conviction deserves death without CERTAIN evidence of guilt. A coerced confession isn't enough but when there is no doubt at all, zero, zip, none.. then yes, I do support the death penalty. (Polly Klass, Elizabeth Smart, Jessica Lunsford, Sandra Cantu cases off the top of my head. NOT the Danielle Van Dam case, plenty of doubt there based on physical evidence, lack of, and possibility of tampering. )

What's wrong with a drug many people seek out daily, a drug the country has plenty of, free for the taking from evidence storehouses. I am suggesting heroin. Quick, junkies die with needles stil in their arms even when they don't WANT to die. Tested? I would think we have enough research on it.

Thoughts?
Anything that's quick and effective. Also, I agree with you concerning the guilt issue. I have written many pieces on the subject over the years.

Dunno why it's such a problem to get the drugs. Got a bunch of heroin sitting in evidence vaults waiting to be incinerated, could use that for free.

Not sure why the government felt they had to make elaborate plans for executions but it ended up we paid for chemical concoctions to come out of foreign countries. When they stopped selling to us because they didn't agree with Capital Punishment, we, not me, the enforcers, blew it by trying new chemicals that resulted in a couple HORRIBLE executions.

It didn't have to be so complicated.

Try giving them a dose of heroin to knock them out and a second to end their lives. Recycle those drugs now sitting on evidence shelves.

Thoughts?
Versed, used for surgery, knocks you out and you don't remember anything no matter how the cut and dice your guts.

Why not a dose of Versed, and a whack upside the head with a good ball peen hammer?

It couldn't get any more humane than that.

Ve

Thoughts?
Versed, used for surgery, knocks you out and you don't remember anything no matter how the cut and dice your guts.

Why not a dose of Versed, and a whack upside the head with a good ball peen hammer?

Room for error

Ve

Thoughts?

Room for error
Whack 'em a couple of times for good measure then.

Ve

Thoughts?

Room for error
Size of hammer? Strength of "swinger"? Length of hammer handle? The ability to hit the perfect spot on the head?

Ve

Thoughts?

Room for error
Size of hammer? Strength of "swinger"? Length of hammer handle? The ability to hit the perfect spot on the head?
Heck, you could use a chain saw. Versed puts the condemned somewhere on the other side of the universe.

There are many compounds that can cause speedy death but pharmaceutical companies are reluctant to sell them for the purpose of killing people. I am against the death penalty as it stands but perhaps the most humane method needs only an airtight cell and a tank of nitrogen.

Ve

Thoughts?

Room for error
Zyklon B worked well, and in big batches too.

If I was the Dictator, nobody would ever spend more than a year or two in jail.

If fines, corporal punishment, or a short stint at very hard labor can't cure them, the gas sure can.

I almost gag every time I think how many decades the Manson bunch has lived on the taxpayers' dollars.

The family shouldn't have to remember their loved one being physically maimed. The death is hard enough, so I vote no on the hammer.

Hadn't thought of versed but why spend the money when we have enough heroin being stored to last decades for death penalty cases.

There are many compounds that can cause speedy death but pharmaceutical companies are reluctant to sell them for the purpose of killing people. I am against the death penalty as it stands but perhaps the most humane method needs only an airtight cell and a tank of nitrogen.
Frankly, once you have forfeited your right to life, I don't care if the penalty is a bit harsh and inhumane, or, if a little societal anger is thrown in.

What I have a problem with is executing some guy thirty years after the crime.

Ve

Thoughts?

Room for error
Heck, you could use a chain saw. Versed puts the condemned somewhere on the other side of the universe.
That'll work.

The family shouldn't have to remember their loved one being physically maimed. The death is hard enough, so I vote no on the hammer.

Hadn't thought of versed but why spend the money when we have enough heroin being stored to last decades for death penalty cases.

The point being Versed just totally eliminates all consciousness and after that point it doesn't it doesn't matter how you off them.

I have no problem with using opiates, or sludge oil, or anything else that works.

Hell, we are talking about KILLING them, right?

People who conduct executions are often affected by the act of killing someone. The more humane the execution is for the sentenced, the more humane it is for the executioner.

Frankly, once you have forfeited your right to life, I don't care if the penalty is a bit harsh and inhumane, or, if a little societal anger is thrown in.

I do not feel the state should have the right to take your life or be in the revenge business. It is clear the death penalty has no deterrent value and is rife with inequity and wrongful convictions so why keep it?

I do not feel the state should have the right to take your life or be in the revenge business. It is clear the death penalty has no deterrent value and is rife with inequity and wrongful convictions so why keep it?
It is not rife with anything but delay.

And it is just a myth that it has no deterrent value; it has not been used with swiftness and certainty in order to test its deterrent value.

It sure stops repeat offenders better than anything else.

It is not rife with anything but delay. And it is just a myth that it has no deterrent value; it has not been used with swiftness and certainty in order to test its deterrent value. It sure stops repeat offenders better than anything else.
Only your last comment is accurate. I am concerned with the emotional effect on everyone involved with the execution process. A Baptist pastor whom I knew was a death row chaplain. He liked to place his hand on the condemned's lower leg so he could feel the tremors ebbing as life departed. Then he would go home to his family. That is a concern.

Forum List

Back