Death Penalty Drugs

There are many compounds that can cause speedy death but pharmaceutical companies are reluctant to sell them for the purpose of killing people. I am against the death penalty as it stands but perhaps the most humane method needs only an airtight cell and a tank of nitrogen.
Frankly, once you have forfeited your right to life, I don't care if the penalty is a bit harsh and inhumane, or, if a little societal anger is thrown in.

What I have a problem with is executing some guy thirty years after the crime.
I do not feel the state should have the right to take your life or be in the revenge business. It is clear the death penalty has no deterrent value and is rife with inequity and wrongful convictions so why keep it?

If nothing else, really depraved and evil murderers will never have the opportunity to kill again. Would you really want the likes of Ted Bundy alive and possibly escaping again?

Make video and audio public of one of the botched executions recently, and that will be the end of capital punishment.

I don't agree. You take someone like Ted Bundy or the person who just killed that family in NY and even the risk of the execution being botched wouldn't stop me personally from voting for the death penalty.

But back to my original thought. Isn't heroin a reasonable alternative to buying new chemicals? The country has a huge supply on hand, free stuff. And it really can't fail. There may be a seizure but I don't think that is as bad as the botched executions that have happened in the past few years.

[/QUOTE]
Wooo, all convicted women "off the top of your head"? I don't recall any death penalty case that relied on alleged "coerced confessions". The problem with the pop-culture educated lefties is that they are mostly conservatives at heart but they remember the only way they could get a passing grade from the idiots that Jimmy Carter pardoned after they renounced their citizenship was to qualify their real beliefs with idiotic speculation.[/QUOTE]

Actually, those were all names of victims.
If you search you will find more than one person who was cleared by dna years after they were sentenced to death. Some had confessed. Do the research, you'll find I am right.

Make video and audio public of one of the botched executions recently, and that will be the end of capital punishment.

I don't agree. You take someone like Ted Bundy or the person who just killed that family in NY and even the risk of the execution being botched wouldn't stop me personally from voting for the death penalty.

But back to my original thought. Isn't heroin a reasonable alternative to buying new chemicals? The country has a huge supply on hand, free stuff. And it really can't fail. There may be a seizure but I don't think that is as bad as the botched executions that have happened in the past few years.
Insulin in large doses is even more deadly than heroin, but you are still back at the same problem, no pharmaceutical company is going to sell it and no doctor is going to administer it. The laws governing the legal use of various drugs would have to be changed risking a legal challenge that may make any chemical execution unconstitutional. My opinion is that capital punishment in America may be seeing it's last days, It's just getting too difficult to do it in a "civilized" manner. We are well past the point of diminishing returns trying keep it.

On the bright side (for capital punishment fans) there is a method that uses no drugs, causes no physical discomfort and is 100% foolproof. The subject is placed in an air tight chamber much like the old gas chambers. Instead of being flooded with cyanide gas the air in the chamber is evacuated and replaced with pure nitrogen gas. The subject very quickly loses consciousness and expires of oxygen starvation shortly thereafter.

Occupied wrote: On the bright side (for capital punishment fans) there is a method that uses no drugs, causes no physical discomfort and is 100% foolproof. The subject is placed in an air tight chamber much like the old gas chambers. Instead of being flooded with cyanide gas the air in the chamber is evacuated and replaced with pure nitrogen gas. The subject very quickly loses consciousness and expires of oxygen starvation shortly thereafter.[/QUOTE]

But that is far from free and could be used tosave lives. There is nothing good about heroin except the fact that it can kill quickly and we have an abundant supply at no cost. Besides, I don't think everyone would accept killing someone by asphyxiation which is really what you propose.

I don't agree with the number we have on death row but believe the punishment should be kept for those special few.

Occupied wrote: On the bright side (for capital punishment fans) there is a method that uses no drugs, causes no physical discomfort and is 100% foolproof. The subject is placed in an air tight chamber much like the old gas chambers. Instead of being flooded with cyanide gas the air in the chamber is evacuated and replaced with pure nitrogen gas. The subject very quickly loses consciousness and expires of oxygen starvation shortly thereafter.

But that is far from free and could be used tosave lives. There is nothing good about heroin except the fact that it can kill quickly and we have an abundant supply at no cost. Besides, I don't think everyone would accept killing someone by asphyxiation which is really what you propose.

I don't agree with the number we have on death row but believe the punishment should be kept for those special few.
Heroin is illegal to possess and use.

Heroin is illegal to possess and use.[/QUOTE]

There is a lot of it in evidence rooms, not illegal for the government to own. They use it as evidence. They could use it to put lawfully sentenced people to death.

Just saying, it is free and works well when an overdose kicks in. We shouldn't have to let absolute monsters live among us when the death penalty is legal and a 'humane' drug available.

Forum List

Back