Death Penalty Drugs

There are many compounds that can cause speedy death but pharmaceutical companies are reluctant to sell them for the purpose of killing people. I am against the death penalty as it stands but perhaps the most humane method needs only an airtight cell and a tank of nitrogen.
Frankly, once you have forfeited your right to life, I don't care if the penalty is a bit harsh and inhumane, or, if a little societal anger is thrown in.

What I have a problem with is executing some guy thirty years after the crime.
I do not feel the state should have the right to take your life or be in the revenge business. It is clear the death penalty has no deterrent value and is rife with inequity and wrongful convictions so why keep it?
It is not rife with anything but delay. And it is just a myth that it has no deterrent value; it has not been used with swiftness and certainty in order to test its deterrent value. It sure stops repeat offenders better than anything else.
Only your last comment is accurate. I am concerned with the emotional effect on everyone involved with the execution process. A Baptist pastor whom I knew was a death row chaplain. He liked to place his hand on the condemned's lower leg so he could feel the tremors ebbing as life departed. Then he would go home to his family. That is a concern.

That is getting too wrapped up in it.

Pretty creepy, even.

There are many compounds that can cause speedy death but pharmaceutical companies are reluctant to sell them for the purpose of killing people. I am against the death penalty as it stands but perhaps the most humane method needs only an airtight cell and a tank of nitrogen.
Frankly, once you have forfeited your right to life, I don't care if the penalty is a bit harsh and inhumane, or, if a little societal anger is thrown in.

I do not feel the state should have the right to take your life or be in the revenge business. It is clear the death penalty has no deterrent value and is rife with inequity and wrongful convictions so why keep it?
It is not rife with anything but delay.

And it is just a myth that it has no deterrent value; it has not been used with swiftness and certainty in order to test its deterrent value.

It sure stops repeat offenders better than anything else.
So does life without parole. Capital punishment satisfies a need for vengeance, that's all it does. Be honest here, there are delays because far too many people have been found to be wrongfully convicted. You do not want to execute innocent people do you?

And it is just a myth that it has no deterrent value; it has not been used with swiftness and certainty in order to test its deterrent value.

So does life without parole. Capital punishment satisfies a need for vengeance, that's all it does. Be honest here, there are delays because far too many people have been found to be wrongfully convicted. You do not want to execute innocent people do you?
So many more people are murdered by lifers that the small number of proven innocents should not enter in to the matter.

With DNA, wrongful conviction should be rare.

If there is some doubt, the life sentence should be an option for juries, but in clear cut cases, six weeks is plenty of time.

Look at millions wasted on Boston Bomb Boy, and they won't even have the guts to do him, or any other Muslim.

Death penalty should be swift and certain, not arbitrary and capricious, and the life sentence a rarity.

The Art of Pavlov

Could the distribution of 'tranquilizing' drugs used for the death penalty be in any way associated with Euthanasia?

A junkie, for example, who breaks into a house to rob it to steal money and trade the money for more drugs could find the inhabitants still waiting inside and so to avoid arrest, he decides to kill all the inhabitants with his pistol. He is eventually arrested and convicted and given the death penalty, and let's say he is offered a heroin dosage as the method of his death (instead of gas or electrocution).

The heroin is not lethal injection, since it is categorized as a euphoria-drug even to those already addicted to it. So could this hypothetical junkie think in his mind, "Hey, this way to die is at least pleasurable psychologically if not medically."

Are we giving criminals a way to 'die easier' and hence feel less intimidated by state punishments such as the death penalty? Euthanasia is complicated ethically by similar notions. If a patient seeks merciful medically-assisted suicide, are they providing a 'bad' inspiration for future patients suffering from similar conditions?

In America, we market vigilantism-themed comic book avatars such as Batman (DC Comics), a strange caped crusader who tackles the criminally insane in a mania-infested urban area called Gotham City, and vigilantism-themed Hollywood (USA) movies such as "Maniac Cop" (1988).

Can we use art to understand philosophy osmosis?

:afro:

Maniac Cop

1138cop.jpg

So many more people are murdered by lifers that the small number of proven innocents should not enter in to the matter.

With DNA, wrongful conviction should be rare.

If there is some doubt, the life sentence should be an option for juries, but in clear cut cases, six weeks is plenty of time.

Look at millions wasted on Boston Bomb Boy, and they won't even have the guts to do him, or any other Muslim.

Death penalty should be swift and certain, not arbitrary and capricious, and the life sentence a rarity.
Draconian laws have never been the answer to crime, they are always just the state brutally exercising it's power over the people. If I were to say: "The government cannot do anything right" you would probably agree so why trust them to responsibly exercise their power of life and death? They kill prisoners in the name of the people, I do not want the blood of an innocent on my head by supporting such a flawed system.

Call a veterinarian and he can euthanize a large animal in seconds

I don't see why there is a problem with drugs

Call a veterinarian and he can euthanize a large animal in seconds

I don't see why there is a problem with drugs
It's not the drugs, it's getting someone to sell them to states for off-label uses by people who are not medical doctors. It's bad publicity.

Before I get flamed, let me say I support the death penalty only in certain selected cases. I don't think conviction deserves death without CERTAIN evidence of guilt. A coerced confession isn't enough but when there is no doubt at all, zero, zip, none.. then yes, I do support the death penalty. (Polly Klass, Elizabeth Smart, Jessica Lunsford, Sandra Cantu cases off the top of my head. NOT the Danielle Van Dam case, plenty of doubt there based on physical evidence, lack of, and possibility of tampering. )

But that's not the subject of this thread.

States are looking for humane drugs that are available and 'tested'.

What's wrong with a drug many people seek out daily, a drug the country has plenty of, free for the taking from evidence storehouses. I am suggesting heroin. Quick, junkies die with needles stil in their arms even when they don't WANT to die. Tested? I would think we have enough research on it.

Thoughts?

They knock people out on the operating table everyday.
How you kill em after that hardly matters. A slaughter house bolt gun,a hammer to the noggin,cut their throat,throw em out of an airplane,a bullet. What ever works because at that point it isn't like he/she's gonna know the damn difference anyway.

Ve
Before I get flamed, let me say I support the death penalty only in certain selected cases. I don't think conviction deserves death without CERTAIN evidence of guilt. A coerced confession isn't enough but when there is no doubt at all, zero, zip, none.. then yes, I do support the death penalty. (Polly Klass, Elizabeth Smart, Jessica Lunsford, Sandra Cantu cases off the top of my head. NOT the Danielle Van Dam case, plenty of doubt there based on physical evidence, lack of, and possibility of tampering. )

What's wrong with a drug many people seek out daily, a drug the country has plenty of, free for the taking from evidence storehouses. I am suggesting heroin. Quick, junkies die with needles stil in their arms even when they don't WANT to die. Tested? I would think we have enough research on it.

Thoughts?
Versed, used for surgery, knocks you out and you don't remember anything no matter how the cut and dice your guts.

Why not a dose of Versed, and a whack upside the head with a good ball peen hammer?

It couldn't get any more humane than that.
Room for error
Whack 'em a couple of times for good measure then.
Size of hammer? Strength of "swinger"? Length of hammer handle? The ability to hit the perfect spot on the head?

Who cares if you miss the first time? It's not like he's going anywhere.

I've got a better, tested and cheaper option.....

Copper coated Lead injected into the skull at 1300+fps.
Less messy and brutal methods were developed to keep the practice rather than just abandoning it like the rest of the civilized western world.

Less messy and brutal methods were developed to keep the practice rather than just abandoning it like the rest of the civilized western world.

Messy and Brutal is exactly what I'm looking for. It's cheaper and more likely to dissuade future criminals..... especially when carried out in public and on ALL local cable outlets.

Messy and Brutal is exactly what I'm looking for. It's cheaper and more likely to dissuade future criminals..... especially when carried out in public and on ALL local cable outlets.
Yeah you are psycho so that kind of thing would appeal to you but the quickest way to turn public opinion against the death penalty is to increase exposure to it.

Yeah you are psycho so that kind of thing would appeal to you but the quickest way to turn public opinion against the death penalty is to increase exposure to it.

When the Hell do you think I started caring about public opinion? My interest is in dead criminals.

Helium or nitrous oxide would also work.

Helium or nitrous oxide would also work.

I like the idea of the helium.
I'd have a hard time not laughing at some dude begging for mercy sounding like Mickey Mouse.:lmao:

Make video and audio public of one of the botched executions recently, and that will be the end of capital punishment.

Thoughts?
Wooo, all convicted women "off the top of your head"? I don't recall any death penalty case that relied on alleged "coerced confessions". The problem with the pop-culture educated lefties is that they are mostly conservatives at heart but they remember the only way they could get a passing grade from the idiots that Jimmy Carter pardoned after they renounced their citizenship was to qualify their real beliefs with idiotic speculation.

Forum List

Back