Dean Martin's 'Baby its Cold Outside' Has Spike in Downloads

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Just the opposite of 'Go Woke, Go Broke', we have the 'Banned in Boston' dynamic where the social prudes and social justice warriors disapprove of something and it gets much more popular, as long as the bidness sticks it out through the faux boycotts.

Dean Martin's 'Baby, It's Cold Outside' Sees Huge Digital Sales Jump

The classic song “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” seems to be more popular than ever, especially a version of the tune famously performed by Dean Martin.

“Baby, It’s Cold Outside” has been earning headlines in recent weeks, as some have criticized its lyrics as sexist.

Lines like “I really can’t stay” and “the answer is no” have inspired many people to express that the tune is a relic of its time and can now be seen as promoting a rape culture.

Various radio stations across the country have banned the song due to complaints from listeners.

Some have then reversed the bans — after outpourings of support for the tune.

Some recognizable celebrities have also stood up for the song, such as William Shatner, Dennis Quaid and Deana Martin, the daughter of Dean.

Sales for Dean Martin’s version of “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” surged 70 percent during the week ending on December 13, according to a report from Billboard.

It was downloaded more than 11,000 times. For the first time ever, Martin’s cover of the song broke the top 10 digital sales chart for music.

Chic Filay anyone?

Is this the one that blubbering libs want banned because they ferret out from the lyrics that non consensual sex is being portrayed?

image.png

Libbies are just too physically, emotionally and mentally delicate for life on earth. Their efforts should not be focused on Trump but rather on their own relocation.

I never even heard of this song until blathering liberals fag started crying about it.

Has there been a spike in the other arrangements of the song that are out there? Its never been one of my favorite songs, but if I have to hear it, I pick the Lady Antebellum copy.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Turning a "no" into "yes" isn't rape, it's seduction, which is still legal, by the way.

Forum List

Back