Deal made- gov. stays open..

do the 'tea partiers' feel retarded yet? they voted in neocon corporate scum and expected them to reign in a smaller government LOL

Don't worry were taking notes, and names. Any Republican not serious about cutting the Deficit is going to find it very hard to be re-elected. If that helps the Dems then so be it. Tea Party supporters, which I think I am becoming, Care about the Issues, more than helping Republicans win.

I say hats off to them. Fuck the Republicans, Fuck the Dems even more. At this point I would vote for a rock if I thought they would cut the Deficit, and reign in the fed.

I was all with the tea party until it got taken over by social conservatives and the usual corporate-backed scum. at that point it just become a slightly more to the right version of the GOP.

Defense cuts...while being embroiled in THREE engagements? The Latest by OBAMA himself? Are you stark-raving MAD?

Of course you are...you're a Statist.

You assume the entire defense budget is tied up in Afghanistan, Iraq, and now Libya. Tell me Thomas, why do we need bases in over 150 countries? Or bases in Germany, England, and Japan? World War II and the American Revolution are over.

because we maintain a global presence, maintaining a presence requires logistical tails and way-points.

As far as the the 2nd Inf. div. and air wings in So. Korea, frankly they could pull them for all I care.

If I were a betting man, I'd be offering 10:1 odds that Boehner and company caved and 50:1 odds that come next election the Republicans and Tea Party will have forgotten.

Immie

The problem for the Blue Dog democrat is having a movement that is a perpetual lapdog. It doesn't work for the tea party. Never mind the fact that the Centrist democrat has already been co-opted by the Pro Union and Liberal media. :rolleyes:;)

Do you have anything of substance to offer?

The Tea Party has changed quite a bit since first formed out of the ideals by who many consider the "Godfather" of the movement, Ron Paul.

do the 'tea partiers' feel retarded yet? they voted in neocon corporate scum and expected them to reign in a smaller government LOL

Don't worry were taking notes, and names. Any Republican not serious about cutting the Deficit is going to find it very hard to be re-elected. If that helps the Dems then so be it. Tea Party supporters, which I think I am becoming, Care about the Issues, more than helping Republicans win.

I say hats off to them. Fuck the Republicans, Fuck the Dems even more. At this point I would vote for a rock if I thought they would cut the Deficit, and reign in the fed.

I was all with the tea party until it got taken over by social conservatives and the usual corporate-backed scum. at that point it just become a slightly more to the right version of the GOP.

I was all with the centrist blue dog democrats until it got taken over by the fiscal profligates and the usual Union-backed scum. at that point it just became a slightly more to the left of joe stalin.

if you voted for a candidate who supported/voter for 1) the health care plan and/or 2) the patriot act (or any of its extensions), then you have no right to complain. you knowingly voted for a big government statist and are getting what you are deserving

I was all with the centrist blue dog democrats until it got taken over by the fiscal profligates and the usual Union-backed scum. at that point it just became a slightly more to the left of joe stalin.

does this post have a point?

If I were a betting man, I'd be offering 10:1 odds that Boehner and company caved and 50:1 odds that come next election the Republicans and Tea Party will have forgotten.

Immie

As long as people decide to think that voting third party is a waste, it won't matter whether they have forgotten or not.

The problem for the Blue Dog democrat is having a movement that is a perpetual lapdog. It doesn't work for the tea party. Never mind the fact that the Centrist democrat has already been co-opted by the Pro Union and Liberal media. :rolleyes:;)

Do you have anything of substance to offer?

The Tea Party has changed quite a bit since first formed out of the ideals by who many consider the "Godfather" of the movement, Ron Paul.

I just did, I cannot help it if you feel that you shoot from some high ground where in your excrement doesn't stink.

The democratic party bears little comparison to the party of say 92 or even 94.

so?

Immie

As long as people decide to think that voting third party is a waste, it won't matter whether they have forgotten or not.

For now, it is a waste, but I would rather waste my vote than vote for the likes of McCain or Obama.

Immie

I am sorry, then, can you please direct me to your objections to say, DADT being made part of the lame duck session of congress wherein budget and tax deals were made just 4 months ago?

Well we will see. But if this is just for 1 week, too much cut IMO. But as others have said, just got home from the movies (Your Highness is hilarious FYI, you may hate my politics but I know comedy) and got the text on the way home from MSNBC.

I just did, I cannot help it if you feel that you shoot from some high ground where in your excrement doesn't stink.

so?

No, you added nothing of substance. You may think you're making witty sarcastic comments but in reality you just seem to be sulking because you wish to ignore the truth of the matter.

The Tea Party is quickly becoming a miniature version of the GOP if they allow themselves to be run by the likes of Michele Bachmann. I see more and more "Tea Party" candidates who focus more on social issues, which gets entirely away from the original goals from a group that formed only a few years ago. Why? Because the group became too big for it's own good too fast. It was quickly co-opted by the GOP and Conservative media such as Fox News.

“We have agreed to an historic amount of cuts for the remainder of this fiscal year, as well as a short-term bridge that will give us time to avoid a shutdown while we get that agreement through both houses and to the President. We will cut $78.5 billion below the President’s 2011 budget proposal, and we have reached an agreement on the policy riders. In the meantime, we will pass a short-term resolution to keep the government running through Thursday. That short-term bridge will cut the first $2 billion of the total savings.”

First Read - 'We have an agreement'

so?
No, you added nothing of substance. You may think you're making witty sarcastic comments but in reality you just seem to be sulking because you wish to ignore the truth of the matter.

Hello, I acknowledged the “truth" of the matter in post 11.

And, It wasn’t intended to either; it was just a turn around of your statement. You should read that last post again. They lost this bout, *shrugs*you of course choose to see this purely as a social issue, and I will ask you again, where was your outrage when DADT was made part of the deals made in the lame duck congress?

The Tea Party is quickly becoming a miniature version of the GOP if they allow themselves to be run by the likes of Michele Bachmann. I see more and more "Tea Party" candidates who focus more on social issues, which gets entirely away from the original goals from a group that formed only a few years ago. Why? Because the group became too big for it's own good too fast. It was quickly co-opted by the GOP and Conservative media such as Fox News.

The point of that post was- same could be said of the blue dogs Rahm worked so hard to get elected successfully to co-opt con. platforms in those districts and build a congressional majority, they then got bent over with nary a kiss, just 2 years later are are now at home having had their asses handed to them, Stupak anyone? oh wait he 'retired'. See now?

Last edited:
we'll see what the guts are soon...looking for a link. stand by!

here..

ABC News' Jake Tapper reports: A Republican Congressman tells ABC News, "the deal is done." The agreement provides for $38.5 billion in spending cuts over the next six months. The GOP has dropped its demand for an end to funding of Planned Parenthood. So--which party do you think came out on top?

Government Shutdown Averted--Which Party Came Out on Top? - Nightline's Daily Line
April 8, 2011
RUSH: Now, folks, I'm gonna give you a heads-up here. If Boehner agrees to a low dollar amount, if this thing compromises -- a $30 billion or $40 billion -- it's not going to be pretty in the Tea Party and throughout the country.

Mark my words and don't doubt me.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

The Tea Party will not last. It will suffer the same fate as its predecessor, the John Birch Society. The Birchers were condemned by the very conservative William F. Buckley, no less.

federal funds are blocked from use in the District of Colombia....hummmmmm...so it appears harry is cool with PP everywhere else but woman in DC are in the wind, well that follows, their kids are to when it comes to schooling. I wonder what Norton thinks of this?

I am sorry, then, can you please direct me to your objections to say, DADT being made part of the lame duck session of congress wherein budget and tax deals were made just 4 months ago?

WTF are you talking about? what does this have to do with DADT?

C'mon, dude, we're seriously over-extended and you know it.

No, he doesn't. Thomas is a neocon and social Conservative.

and a drunk

Least my sister will now be paid on time..She was worried.

And before any jackoff says shit, she is in the navy, and her husband is a marine.

From what I have read leading up to this, the military (at least the essential personnel) were scheduled to be paid even if the government was shut down.

Can I ask if you had different information in that regard as I am curious to know.

If you have an answer to this and I don't respond tonight, thank you but I am headed to bed shortly.

Immie

Forum List

Back