DEAD POOL 2018

I'm thinking there should be some kinda point system -- pick somebody who dies at 99, get one point. 98, two points, etc.

Just think how many points you would have racked up a year ago if you picked Roy Halladay.

I still think John McCain should be verboten. That's cheatin'.

I'm thinking there should be some kinda point system -- pick somebody who dies at 99, get one point. 98, two points, etc.

Just think how many points you would have racked up a year ago if you picked Roy Halladay.

Why is that cheating?

I'm still going with Betty White.

y
yall are just picking old people or low hanging fruit
How many years did Pope John Paul II hang in there? He cost me I don't know how many steak dinners! So, yeah! I'm hedging on the elderly.
How old is Pope Benedict?
90!
He always looked like a zombie
Name a pope who didn't.

I bet Pope Joan didn't. If she was young enough to give birth, yanno....

Why is that cheating?

It's cheating because he's already diagnosed with a cancer that is notoriously inescapable. It's kinda stating the obvious.

Charlie Sheen
Kirk Douglas
John McCain
George HW Bush
Doris Day
Alec Baldwin
Carl Reiner
Bruce Jenner sorry already (dick) dead!
Ozzy Osbourne
Suge Knight
Jim Carey
Good list! I thought Doris Day was already dead.

Thanks, your list was pretty good too.

As for Doris Day. I simply adore her. I hope she doesn't make the list. Here is what she looks like now (from April of 2017)
HT_doris_day_sue_raney_sk_140409_2_12x5_992.jpg

She would go from "Please Don't Eat the Daisies" to Pushing up Daisies

Why is that cheating?

It's cheating because he's already diagnosed with a cancer that is notoriously inescapable. It's kinda stating the obvious.

Jimmy Carter is still alive

Why is that cheating?

Jimmy Carter is still alive

Carter didn't have that type of cancer. And reportedly what he did have he wiped out.

Fun fact -- everybody in Carter's family, including both his parents and all his siblings, died young (50s-60s at the most) and all of the same thing -- pancreatic cancer. And he's 93.

Why is that cheating?

I'm thinking John McCain would be a bold choice for a NOT-Dead Pool ..... people who will indeed survive 2018.

Pogo's Not-Dead Pool 2018, partial list -- these people will still be warm on 1/1/2019

• Betty White (will be 96 by then on verge of 97)
  • Dick van Dyke (93)
  • Jimmy Carter (94)
  • Billy Graham (100)
  • Jaye P. Morgan (87)

note how I have Jaye P. Morgan both on the Dead and Not-Dead pool. That's called hedging yer bets. :smoke:

Why is that cheating?

Well then so would picking someone who is 95 years old! :dunno:

Why is that cheating?

I'm thinking John McCain would be a bold choice for a NOT-Dead Pool ..... people who will indeed survive 2018.

Pogo's Not-Dead Pool 2018, partial list -- these people will still be warm on 1/1/2019

• Betty White (will be 96 by then on verge of 97)
  • Dick van Dyke (93)
  • Jimmy Carter (94)
  • Billy Graham (100)
  • Jaye P. Morgan (87)

note how I have Jaye P. Morgan both on the Dead and Not-Dead pool. That's called hedging yer bets. :smoke:

That's not always true, lots of people die around the holidays.

Why is that cheating?

Nope, not if they're in good shape. I believe Betty White is 95, for one. Billy Graham's over 95 and he's failed to come through for me for two years.. But regardless of age the type of cancer John McCain reportedly has is supposed to be most dead-end. His impending death is for all intents and purposes already under way. That's not the case for Betty White, Billy Graham, Kirk Douglas, etc etc etc.

Why is that cheating?

Nope, not if they're in good shape. I believe Betty White is 95, for one. Billy Graham's over 95 and he's failed to come through for me for two years.. But regardless of age the type of cancer John McCain reportedly has is supposed to be most dead-end. His impending death is for all intents and purposes already under way. That's not the case for Betty White, Billy Graham, Kirk Douglas, etc etc etc.

Doesn't Kirk Douglas have cancer or something too?

Forum List

Back