Dc School Asks Students To Compare George W. Bush To Hitler

i see nothing wrong with this, and its an easy A. Bush is not Hitler. Seriously what a bunch of PC crybabies

Frankly, it depends on the grade level of the child, but on the whole I don't see the big deal.

A more interesting assignment though would be

Compare and contrast Martin Luther King Jr and Al Sharpton

:rofl:

It really doesn't matter the age group. this is what you get with PC bullshit

i see nothing wrong with this, and its an easy A. Bush is not Hitler. Seriously what a bunch of PC crybabies

Frankly, it depends on the grade level of the child, but on the whole I don't see the big deal.

I think it does matter. Hitler is "best" known for killing millions of Jews. If you ask a child who isn't yet old enough to understand that that is not the comparison you are trying to make to make a comparison between Hitler and Bush you are asking them to make a conceptual leap that they just aren't able to make all they will think is "Bush killed Jews" which of course was not the point the teacher was going for.

Let's be real, Public Schools have become Communist/Progressive Indoctrination camps. It would be very wise to avoid sending your children into them. At all costs, try Private Schooling or Homeschooling.

My niece's class was once given a test which included the question "Who won the 2000 Presidential Election"?

Her answer, Bush, was marked wrong.

When confronted by my brother, the Liberal dyke bitch refused to budge.
bullshit.

My niece's class was once given a test which included the question "Who won the 2000 Presidential Election"?

bullshit.
Compared and contrasted to all the stupid illegal and outrageous stuff public school teachers have done in the last 20 years Your answer is ridiculous on its face.

bullshit.
Compared and contrasted to all the stupid illegal and outrageous stuff public school teachers have done in the last 20 years Your answer is ridiculous on its face.
no, it isn't. the anecdote is most assuredly a flat out fabrication or a gross misrepresentation of the facts. either way, it is easy to see that that poster is lying.

personally I would have welcomed the assignment for my kid and then helped them write a paper that would have destroyed the comparison and made the teacher look like the idiot that he is.

personally you would have cheated by writing the paper for your kid and made yourself look like the idiot all RW's really are ..

the lesson that dissimilar people and objects can have some similar traits is not above the sixth grade level. a venn diagram of the two should have been a pretty easy assignment.

still, poor choice of people.

the assignment was too easy. the comparisons are too obvious. they both duped their "once noble and peaceful people" into attacking other nations for the fame and fortune of a few.

the lesson that dissimilar people and objects can have some similar traits is not above the sixth grade level. a venn diagram of the two should have been a pretty easy assignment.

still, poor choice of people.

So liberals believe that helping your child do their homework is cheating?

I think it does matter. Hitler is "best" known for killing millions of Jews. If you ask a child who isn't yet old enough to understand that that is not the comparison you are trying to make to make a comparison between Hitler and Bush you are asking them to make a conceptual leap that they just aren't able to make all they will think is "Bush killed Jews" which of course was not the point the teacher was going for.
no i dont think they will think Bush killed Jews.

personally I would have welcomed the assignment for my kid and then helped them write a paper that would have destroyed the comparison and made the teacher look like the idiot that he is.
you're starting from the position that says the teacher is instructing the kids that the two are the same.

on the contrary, a venn diagram exercise would suggest that they are supposed to find the similarities and the differences.

you're starting from the position that says the teacher is instructing the kids that the two are the same.

on the contrary, a venn diagram exercise would suggest that they are supposed to find the similarities and the differences.

I concede that point. The teacher was looking for contrast and well as compare.

Forum List

Back