Are Children A Part Of The Gay Marriage Conversation?

To what degree are children a part of the gay-marriage conversation?

• They are THE concern of marriage. Marriage was mainly created for their benefit after all.

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Part of the conversation for sure. But in the end the adult civil rights trump them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat part of the conversation, but only a secondary role.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Marriage is for and about adults. Kids will accept what they have to.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
I believe that, as usual, the poll is skewed and inaccurate.

People have kids. Some people have spouses and some do not. Some people are good parents, some are not.

Yes, of course kids are and should be part of the conversation.

People have kids. Some people have spouses and some do not. Some people are good parents, some are not.

If you believe that kids should be part of the conversation, then which answer comes closest to your feelings about it? You don't even have to vote the poll, you can just explain to me in your reply.

kids are only part of the conversation if the couple chooses to have them. Beyond that this poll is dumb and skewed towards the OP's bias.

I don't think they're any part of the discussion as yet, though they should be. Without marriage, children are illegitimate. With marriage they're legitimate. Growing up realizing you're a "bastard" can't be good for a kid. Thus those who would express concern over children's well-being should be for gay marriage.

They should be no part of the conversation about same sex marriage rights because the fundamental right of opposite sex couples to marry doesn't hinge on issues of children.

I think the OP can be summed up as, "Can homos be good parents, yes or no?"

They should be no part of the conversation about same sex marriage rights because the fundamental right of opposite sex couples to marry doesn't hinge on issues of children.
So how come you didn't vote that way in the poll? Seems like the second to last option would suit your position perfectly?

The Europeans got it right. They're protecting the human rights of children. It this sounds outlandish to you then you need to analyze the implications of what is actually taking place. First think about this scenario:

You and your spouse arrive at the maternity ward to have a child. Your baby is born and put in the nursery while the mother recovers. When you leave the hospital you are assigned a random baby, but not your baby. What harm has been done to you or to the baby you gave birth to?​

If you believe that kids should be part of the conversation, then which answer comes closest to your feelings about it? You don't even have to vote the poll, you can just explain to me in your reply.
The poll doesn't have my answer.

I think children are always a part of any kind of marriage conversation.

For the time being, marriage and children still go together kind of frequently.

That doesn't mean that I think the adults' civil rights "trumps" the kids'. Adults have the right to marry who they wish. Kids have the right to a secure and safe home environment (and that's not a one-size-fits-all notion).

That doesn't mean that I think the adults' civil rights "trumps" the kids'. Adults have the right to marry who they wish. Kids have the right to a secure and safe home environment (and that's not a one-size-fits-all notion).

Kids have more rights than that, they have the right to know how they are, where they came from, who their ancestors are, and as much as possible to be raised by their parents (genetic parents.)

The aspirations of parents to have children shouldn't permit parents to violate the human rights of children. We've lost sight of this core truth but other societies have not.

So you do realize yo

Kids have more rights than that, they have the right to know how they are, where they came from, who their ancestors are, and as much as possible to be raised by their parents (genetic parents.)

The aspirations of parents to have children shouldn't permit parents to violate the human rights of children. We've lost sight of this core truth but other societies have not.
Then there's the whole issue of how gays the majority of the time role-play "man/woman" when they are in pairs. It's undeniable and a household word "butch/femme". It applies to either male-male or female-female gays. The child then learns that in no way shape or form is "daddy mom" or "mommy dad" able to produce a child with real mommy mom or daddy dad. Then the confusion settles in. Just add adolescence and the top will pop off the steam kettle. I predict more drug addiction, runaways and worse in homes from gays than heteros. Just by virtue of the fact that dysfunctional lying and deception always render out poorly when a child transitions from the "golden years" of blissful ignorance to the hard years of reality in adolescence. It's weird and the kids will fully realize this by the time they're 10. By the time they're 18 they will be a mess. And that's in the best of conditions otherwise.

I've seen it multiple times. Remember, I lived around the Bay Area California.

I don't believe this topic belongs in our political discourse. I am not a fag but at the same time if I were I would have the opinion that it's none of the government's business.

The Europeans got it right. They're protecting the human rights of children. It this sounds outlandish to you then you need to analyze the implications of what is actually taking place. First think about this scenario:

You and your spouse arrive at the maternity ward to have a child. Your baby is born and put in the nursery while the mother recovers. When you leave the hospital you are assigned a random baby, but not your baby. What harm has been done to you or to the baby you gave birth to?​

So we should remove children from the custody of unmarried parents and give them to a married couple who want a child?

In the child's best interest?

So we should remove children from the custody of unmarried parents and give them to a married couple who want a child?

What? Please expand your thinking here because it's too cryptic for me to decipher your meaning.

I don't believe this topic belongs in our political discourse. I am not a fag but at the same time if I were I would have the opinion that it's none of the government's business.
You may have heard that just recently 32 states are petitioning the SCOTUS for an immediate resolution to the answer of "is gay marriage federally-protected or not"? That's huge news. It's news. It's political and it's as current and big as anything can get.

No, we allow states to set up incentives to minimize these types of unsatifactory situations in the future. That is a state's discreet community's right to do in the best interest of an institution that affect children more than any other.

Forum List

Back